1st Trimester

Worst things about being pregnant with a toddler?

So far for me the worst things about being pregnant with a toddler is Changing poopy diapers with morning sickness and having her jump on my belly all the time.  She doesn't understand that it hurts and makes me sick now.  I love to have her cuddling with me but the jumping I can do without now.  I can't even count the times I have almost thrown up today because she took a flying leap onto my belly.  What are the worst things for you?  

Re: Worst things about being pregnant with a toddler?

• The jumping on the belly thing is really annoying! The dirty diapers of DD haven't bothered me, but I babysat my nieces last week and was dry heaving through their diaper changes. The one thing that has really been getting to me is cleaning up after her meals. Yesterday she mashed her leftover pb&j with the juice from her oranges and I was gagging through it the whole time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebrooketini:
    The jumping on the belly thing is really annoying! The dirty diapers of DD haven't bothered me, but I babysat my nieces last week and was dry heaving through their diaper changes. The one thing that has really been getting to me is cleaning up after her meals. Yesterday she mashed her leftover pb&j with the juice from her oranges and I was gagging through it the whole time.

Yeah the meal thing can be hard too.  Especially since DD eats this really healthy soup that looks like diareah. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagebrooketini:
    The one thing that has really been getting to me is cleaning up after her meals. Yesterday she mashed her leftover pb&j with the juice from her oranges and I was gagging through it the whole time.

DD had ricotta filled ravioli last night and I had a really hard time cleaning that up.

I think the hardest thing has been the exhaustion- I feel bad sticking her in front of a DVD while I fight m/s and can barely get out of bed, but I know it's just a brief moment in her life and I'll make it up. Things are slowly getting better and DH has been a great motivator to find things to do that are quick and easy but great for DD, like going to the pet store to look at the puppies!

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hands down, the jumping on the belly. She is teething like mad with all 4 molars so 5 am wake up calls are getting old too. Luckily she takes to the Tylenol like it is miracle juice and passes back out, but this mama is tired! She has been watching slightly more TV too since I am so beat, especially since I am working two night shifts a week and tired from that too. Morning sickness hasn't caught up to me yet, I am sure it will suck being sick and cleaning her up.
  • For me, it's the exhaustion.  I work about 10 hours/day and DH doesn't get home until after I put DD to bed, so I'm on my own.  It's rough.  I'm in bed by 8:30 every night.
  • The meal part is super gross. I'm living on crackers and water right now, and seeing DD's food is so gross! She also no longer naps so it's hard to keep up with her when 2pm rolls around, and I'm ready for a nap!
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • It's the constant :up/down" stage K is in right now. Mama is tired and her back hurts, kid!  You're 26 pounds!
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Besides the MS, I am more tired than ever.  The constant running around and cleaning after my DD is driving me to exhaustion.  Plus working full time and then coming home to an energetic toddler isn't appealing.  I miss the days of my first pregnancy of sitting on the couch or lying in bed and having DH attend to me.
  • The worst thing for me is not really directly related to my toddler, but rather the fact that I've given birth already.  When I throw up in the morning, sometimes I pee a little.  That NEVER happened with DS.  GRRR....

Doing more Kegels as we speak...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageerbear:
    It's the constant :up/down" stage K is in right now. Mama is tired and her back hurts, kid!  You're 26 pounds!

This and also the belly jumping. Alex takes flying leaps at me. Yesterday he was standing next to me and just jumped high and sat right on my belly. Damn did that hurt. LOL

• Jumping on my belly and head butting my boobs. Ouch. Plus, I feel so guilty that when I feel exhausted and nauseous (which is a lot), I let my DS watch a lot of TV and eat like crap. 
  • imagePecas13:

The worst thing for me is not really directly related to my toddler, but rather the fact that I've given birth already. When I throw up in the morning, sometimes I pee a little. That NEVER happened with DS. GRRR....

Doing more Kegels as we speak...

I can totally relate to this! Or when I sneeze, laugh really hard or cough. I am like a 95 year old woman. The worst for me though is food. I cannot stomach it hardly at all right now but DD still needs to eat. The jumping on my stomach usually sends me straight to the bathroom too.
  • Exhaustion mostly.  My lack of patience is hard for both of us.  If I don't get a good sleep, I have zero ability to deal with toddler-ness.  The only other issue is when he climbs on me and smashes my boobs on his way over me.  OMG.  It hurts so much!

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD will want me to hold her while I'm trying to do everything.  Then as soon as I sit with her, she wants me to stop holding her.
  • The worst thing by far is not having the energy to play with her like normal.  In the past 12 weeks, I think we've been on 2 walks.  She is also watching too much TV because I just can't handling chasing her around.  It's also no fun getting elbowed or head-butted in the sore boobs!  I feel bad for the hubby who's constantly cleaning up after both of us!! 
  • Mostly the jumping on me part. He's 2 and all boy so he doesnt quite understand that it hurts to be jumped on the boobs or the belly.  I had a few times the problem with poopy diapers but thankfully dad does that most of the time. :)  think the cutest part is him kissing my belly and say he wants a lil sister.... :)

• Hands down....changing poopy diapers.  I have to bring a plastic bag with me because I throw up every single time. 
    imageimageimageimage
  • Nothing bothered me until last night.  She is sick with a cold and won't sleep alone.  Sleeping is in half hour groupings and I have never been so exhausted.
  • Mine has gotten better at the jumping. I've explained to him he has a baby brother or sister in there and that he has to be careful. He also talks to my belly and tells the baby he can't wait for him/her to be here. The hardest thing with him is when he doesn't get his way he will start pulling on me and putting all his weight on my arm and I just can't tug on him like that anymore. Plus I've started getting headaches since I started my second trimester and he has a tendency for being loud. I hate taking meds, but tylonal is the only way to make it go away since he's so active. I don't have the chance to sit down and rest for a minute in the dark.
  • YES...it's the jumping on the belly!!  Thank goodness I do not have to deal w/ poopy diapers anymore!!
  • imageweelass24:

Exhaustion mostly.  My lack of patience is hard for both of us.  If I don't get a good sleep, I have zero ability to deal with toddler-ness. 

Totally this, I feel like I just can't stay the few steps ahead of him that I need to because I'm just too tired and exhausted to think ahead.  I'm normally really patient but I just snap at the littlest things.  

And yes, the constant wanting to be carried gets really annoying too. 

• Dirty diapers... and throwing up... all while you feel like you are going to puke yourself is absolute hell!!  But the worst part of it for me has been,

1, when I have to fight her in the grocery store to stay in the cart or chase her when she gets away and i can barely keep my eyes open and just want to cry every time I have to go to the store....

and 2, feelings of guilt!!!  When I am tired and moody, I feel so horrible when my little girl just wants me to play with her and doesn't understand why mommy is always laying around... it makes me feel so horrible!! 

• Jumping on the belly definately gets me. My DS is watching way more tv.... until he realizes that mommy is trying to take a nap on the couch and promptly runs over to scream at me to wake up. I'm so exhausted ALL the time! I feel so bad that I don't have more energy to play with him.
  • I'm freaking exhausted and feel like DS is getting the short end of the stick.

Thank God for DC.  At least when I'm at work and I need to zone out, I can make myself scarse. Or just look at the walls of my cube. Or pretend I'm studying a document. Good times.

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • So far the worst thing is thinking about the fact that I may have 32 more weeks of this.  With my first LO I was nauseaus and vomiting till the week I gave birth.  I think back now and I had it easy with my hubby waiting on me hand and foot.  Now he works thirds shift and I am on first so, I am all alone all evening, puking between trying to feed my son something other than ham, string cheese and green beans because it is simple and doesn't smell that bad and then chasing him to change those poopy diapers.  Here's to hoping each pregnancy is different!! 
  • My 2 yr old thinks its likes to do a lot of things that cause me distress.. jumping on the stairs, throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't want to do something or running away when its time to go. Its very frustrating and I know its just a phase but it irks my nerves and I am already tired and cranky. Pregnancy insomnia...urg..
  • The belly climbing/jumping and fatigue are bad, but the worst part so far is definitely changing poopy diapers with my uber-sensitive pregnant nose.  i had not thought of that prior to getting pregnant this time!  i've been fortunate not to have morning sickness, so the food/clean-up doesn't bother me.  my back killed last time starting at 5 months, so i'm not looking forward to that stage in a couple of months while having to pick my son up all the time!
  • Food.  I feel so bad that I can't even cook dinner for my DD anymore.  Poor baby is not eating so healthy at home anymore.  And my husband works nights so I am totally on my own when it seems like I feel the worst after a long day at the office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"