2nd Trimester

pain on right side and lower back pain

so while i am preparing dinner i start to get this pain across my stomach and to my right side.  i went to lay down to ease the pain and it is still there. i have cramping or bleeding so i am just worried it is something else.  this is numero uno so i am not sure what RLP is or what it is suppose to feel like.  i also have slight lower back pain as well. i am going to start freaking out soon if this doesnt go away. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pain on right side and lower back pain

• That is what my RLP felt like.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ditto on RLP.  I've had terrible pain on my left side throughout my pelvis and hips...I used my fetal doppler and guess what?  Baby was positioned all the way over on the left side probably putting some pressure on my left side.  And I ALWAYS have lower back pain, sometimes mild, mostly painful and I attribute this to muscles, ligaments stretching since I feel like everything's moving around.
  • Loading the player...
  • oh its horrible. i am laying down and when i try to get up ehhhhh painful! this is only 19 weeks i can only imagine what ill be like at 25+ weeks LOL 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The pain you describe sounds normal, albeit uncomfortable. I have had back pain since the beginning of the pregnancy - pretty strong throughout the first trimester - and my Dr. said it was caused by the hormones relaxing my joints and muscles so that my body can expand. Now a bit of pain hugs the front of my body as the belly grows. My Dr. ok'd monthly massages (as long as I request specifically prenatal therapy from a certified pro), and I do think it helps. If you have any strong concerns about any pain or cramping, don't hesitate to call/email your doctor. There is no small question, and nothing they haven't been asked before. It can't hurt to ask, and it's much healthier than freaking out at home.

Stay well!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"