Babies on the Brain

:head explodes: (vent)

I've spent the entire morning downloading plans in order to upload them to our own ftp andget them out to subs.  The phone is ringing off the hook and I have a ton of work on my desk that I can't do because my computer is a piece of shiit and I can't do other stuff while trying to download or upload.

I finally got it all done, on our ftp and uploaded to our reprographer's ftp so they can print the plans for us.  I'm just *about* to send the email out to subs directing them to our ftp site when our reprographer calls me.  Half the files are corrupt, they must have gotten screwed up during the initial download (thank you slow crappyass computer).  It all has to be done over. AngryAngryAngry

I guess it's a good thing I'm working through lunch today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: :head explodes: (vent)

• Okay, seriously? A new computer does not cost that much money. Your Boss is shooting himself in the foot by not providing you with the tools you need to do your job well.
  • Yup.  I know.  I've talked with him about it and he agrees I need a new computer.  The problem is that our "IT person" (I use that term VERY loosely, thebump has better IT) hasn't done anything about it.  And probably nothing will get done about it until it impacts him or my boss raises hell because it is impacting him.

Until then, I'll just keep reminding them what a piece of shiit it is every couple weeks.  That's how things work around here.

• Loading the player...
  • I was going to offer you a stiff drink but since you can't have it I will down it for ya!

No, really though that sucks. Your boss REALLY needs to get you a new computer.

Mommas Little Yankee Fan!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagerachi:

I was going to offer you a stiff drink but since you can't have it I will down it for ya!

I'd take it at this point.  Crying

• imageakalutts:
    Okay, seriously? A new computer does not cost that much money. Your Boss is shooting himself in the foot by not providing you with the tools you need to do your job well.
    This! Gah, how infuriating! Tell the boss to send out the old computer to get new parts installed (rebuilt). I know 3 people who could do this for you- too bad I don't live closer :(
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• I agree. They should be making sure that you have everything if not more than what you need in order to get the job done. What is there problem...? That would save you time and stress...
  • imagearmandos_girl:

thebump has better IT

This tells me all I need to know.  Hope your day gets better.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"