Parenting after 35

Absent for a long time

Things have just been really busy. DS is 15 months now and is busy walking and talking and changing every day. DD is almost 3.5, loving pre-school and dance lessons and thriving. They are great friends 90% of the time too which helps.

Work is good but busy. I'm traveling more, but am enjoying it, and DH and the kids enjoy their special time together, including trips to McD's.

My Mom is aging and her mind is going but we had a good visit with her in Aug. My sister is a bit difficult to work with as far as Mom's care. My input isn't heard or wanted because "I'm not there" and she has told me that the financial contributions I've made "don't count" and can't be subtracted from other $$ she has spent on Mom. This situation has me really down and keeps me up at night and distracts me from work.

I'm trying to work out more and find some time for myself each day, even if it's just walking to pre-school/daycare to get the kids.

How's everyone here? I do lurk occassionally and recognize a few names. Everyone's babies are growing so quickly. Time sure does fly!

Re: Absent for a long time

• Welcome back!  I pop in on this board occasionally as well.  Lots of great advice and super mums!

Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself.  Try not to let your sister get to you too much.  It's such a difficult time... 

• Welcome back! I'm sorry the situation with your mom doesn't seem to have improved much.
  • Loading the player...
  • welcome back, we all get busy but it is great to catch up! Glad the kids are good and so sorry about your mom,
  • Hello - thanks for posting!  Sorry about your mom & sister.  If you have time I would love to see photos of the kids!
  • It's too bad about your difficult sister, try not to let it get to you too much. Keep posting from time to time, I'm glad things are good with the kiddies and work!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"