Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC after one cycle

Hey everyone!  I'm new here and just starting to TTC.  We got a BFN this cycle.  :-(  My husband reassures me this is normal and I know it is, it's just still hard to not think there's something wrong.  Anyway, any tips on how to make this process work?  I know we're all TTC, but was wondering if anyone has any tips they've heard or have recently worked for them?  I hoestly don't even know where to start and how to track ovulation.  Any help is much appreciated! Thanks and good luck to everyone!  Also, being new, I don't know many accronymns, so you may have to spell it out for me. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC after one cycle

• I suggest you sign up to fertility friend... you can get to it through my ticker.

There are tons of tutorials on there that will help you tremendously.

There is also a link on the bottom left hand screen on this page...under "my boards" called the bump glossary... all the abbriviations you need will be in there.

And lastly... this will help you too https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/36786566.aspx

Gl!

"Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again." 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think It's_JenN covered everything, so welcome and GL on cycle 2!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My tip is to not get so worked up after one cycle. Not meaning that to sound snarky, but I'm ending my 12th cycle right now and there are many here who have had more than me.

It can take a healthy couple with no issues and perfect timing up to 1 year to get pregnant. So, do not assume there is something wrong after one, two, or even eight cycles.

There is a Bump Board Glossary with acronyms on the left at the bottom.

Please check out the Newbie post linked in my siggy for lots of helpful information. Also, consider checking out Fertility Friend for charting and other information. I would also recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."

Welcome to the board and good luck.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • There is a bump glossary if you scroll down and look to the left.  You can buy a BBT at your local drugstore and sign up for fertilityfriend (for free) to track your cycles and ovulation by clicking on my ticker in my siggy.  Also lurk here a while and you'll definitely learn a lot of great info. 

Good luck and welcome. Smile

imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • imageIt's_JenN:

I suggest you sign up to fertility friend... you can get to it through my ticker.

There is also a link on the bottom left hand screen on this page...under "my boards" called the bump glossary... all the abbriviations you need will be in there.

And lastly... this will help you too https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/36786566.aspx

Gl!

Ditto, charting is immensely helpful! 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Like other people have said, charting is the most helpful thing you could do.  It's still completely new to me, but I've already learned so much more about what goes on with my body than I ever thought I would.  Good luck!
    The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • These girls are spot on!  DH and I are TTC #1 and we are only CD 7!  I signed up for free at fertilityfriend.com yesterday and it's amazing.  I've only been on it for 1 day now and have been overwhelmed with how much information they have on that site.  I would definitely sign up.  They start with the basics and get as detailed as it gets.  I didn't really think charting would be necessary but then learned that everyone's body is totally differnt and that CD 14 isn't when everyone Os....GL and I'm sure you'll love fertility friend!
  • imageIt's_JenN:

I suggest you sign up to fertility friend... you can get to it through my ticker.

Gl!

This.. If it wasnt for FF and TCOYF I would have never realized I wasn't ovulating. I know one cycle sucks but just remember it can take up to a year and FF will really help you to understand your body

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
  • imageIt's_JenN:

Gl!

This! I was a little hesitant to read all the stuff on ff, but it has helped me learn so much about trying to conceive and about my body. I would have never known ovulation can last only up to 12-24 hours. It is a very helpful site. Welcome and good luck!

• fertilityfriend will tell you EVERYTHING you want to know...plus when you ovulated.

Buy a bbt.... and start temping ! good luck! Hope your stay is short.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"