Health & Exercise

How did you lose your baby weight?

I have about ten pounds to lose and it dosen't want to come off. Any advice on how to lose the last bit of baby weight? It's been a month since I had my DD. Would like to lose the weight asap.

Re: How did you lose your baby weight?

• A combination of clean eating (very strict) and circuit training.  After 3 weeks of working out once a day for 5 days (and running on the 6th) and another week of working out twice a day (and running 1x on the 6th)--I lost the rest of the weight I needed, lost a ton of inches, and dropped 5% body fat.

Now 5 months later, I'm 12% body fat, 120 pounds and feeling great.  I still eat clean 95% of the time and work out 3-4 times a week (just not quite as intense as back in May)--I'm in maintaining mode, with an occasional 10K or so in there.

Writing down everything I put in my mouth was a huge eye opener.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With use of the 30 Day Shred and the South Beach Diet, I'm now 30 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with DS. I feel amazing. It's tough but I highly recommend it. It's of course easiest to South Beach it if your DH is also on board. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly?  I did what I always do when I need to lose weight.  I cut back my portions significantly.  I eat lean mean, a small amount of veggies and an even smaller amount of fruit.  NO REFINED CARBS!  And I drink a gallon of water per day to get me though the hunger in the process.

It's no joke but it works.  I have to remind myself that if I want it bad enough I'll do it.

Of course moderate exercise is recommended too.

• I worked out ASAP (before I was given the ok from dr) i started with Jillian Micheals Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and trained for a 1/2 marathon and did some circuit training (cardio/strength). I also watch my portions but snack throughout the day as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"