Parenting after 35

NPR - If money was no object, where would you travel?

I'd travel around Asia and South America. All over. Wouldn't go for a few years because I'd like to take Mikey... because travel's good for kids Wink

Re: NPR - If money was no object, where would you travel?

• New Zealand, Vietnam, Singapore...although I'd like to go to Europe again if money was no budget. Have always been on a budget when traveling before, so that would be nice :)

• Hawaii.  I've never been and want to go... I already made DH promise me we'd go for my 50th birthday (10 years) if we can't get there sooner.

I've been to Australia (for my 30th birthday/a month later) and would love to go back. And I'd love to see Japan and China (mostly the Great Wall). I've been to most of Western Europe but haven't been to Italy. 

I realize I probably won't see every place I want to see, but Hawaii is a must do.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Italy, Australia, Alaska
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tahiti-I would love to be in one of those huts over the water with the glass floor and do absolutely nothing!

British Columbia-I was won over during the commericals from the Olympics!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePuckchick07:

New Zealand, Vietnam, Singapore...although I'd like to go to Europe again if money was no budget. Have always been on a budget when traveling before, so that would be nice :)

Yay! Vietnam is high up on my list too!

• imagerobynlesley:

Hawaii.  I've never been and want to go... I already made DH promise me we'd go for my 50th birthday (10 years) if we can't get there sooner.

I've been to Australia (for my 30th birthday/a month later) and would love to go back. And I'd love to see Japan and China (mostly the Great Wall). I've been to most of Western Europe but haven't been to Italy. 

I realize I probably won't see every place I want to see, but Hawaii is a must do.

ITA about China and Japan. Would like to goo to HI too but, as we're not beach people, it's not super high on the list.

Have thought that maybe in several years the UK IL's could come over and we could take a trip to HI. They're all beach/nature loving people so they'd love it.

They can get their outdoors on while DH and I hang out in a cabana drinking cocktails Wink

• imagesuperaunt:
    Italy, Australia, Alaska

Yes 

• imageleffe1:

Tahiti-I would love to be in one of those huts over the water with the glass floor and do absolutely nothing!

British Columbia-I was won over during the commericals from the Olympics!

I lived in BC for 4 years and those commercials made me miss it Sad

It's gorgeous!

• Newfoundland.  Everything I've seen of it seems so incredibly beautiful and rugged.  Plus, I love the accents!
  • DH and I are big time cruisers so we'd porbably do a world cruise!  I'd also love love to go to Anartica.
  • I would like to see New Zealand and also the rain forest. I would go anywhere tropical but I also want to go back to Europe.

We have friends (DH's counterpart in CO) that are doing an around the world trip and blogging about it. They both saved up and quit their jobs are taking a year or so off.

• sorry - duplicate post.

• imageleffe1:

Tahiti-I would love to be in one of those huts over the water with the glass floor and do absolutely nothing!

Me too! Also, Bali.

Been to Hawaii several times (my parents go EVERY year). Don't know when I will get back there again. My DH is scared to fly. Had to drug him to get him on a two and a half hour flight to Florida a couple of years ago. *sigh*

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go back to the Masi Mara reserve with Matt.  

New:

Machu Picchu 

Italy

Pakistan (I have friends that live there)

• imageleffe1:

I had friends who did that for their honeymoon and they said it was AMAZING.  I would love to visit Tahiti, though money would definitely not have to be a factor.  They said cocktails were $18!!  I would also love to see New Zealand & the Cook Islands.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Prague, Paris, coast of France, Edinburgh, Ireland, Rome, coast of Spain, Carmel CA, Maine, NH, Yellowstone, British Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, NZ, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Bhutan, to name a few.

My dream trip is a year with a month in each of 12 locations.

• imageBrideBuddies:
    Newfoundland.  Everything I've seen of it seems so incredibly beautiful and rugged.  Plus, I love the accents!

Really? Crazy!

But it should be gorgeous there!

• imageMarried2003:
    DH and I are big time cruisers so we'd porbably do a world cruise!  I'd also love love to go to Anartica.

Awesome!

• imageDaisiesinmygarden:

I would like to see New Zealand and also the rain forest. I would go anywhere tropical but I also want to go back to Europe.

We have friends (DH's counterpart in CO) that are doing an around the world trip and blogging about it. They both saved up and quit their jobs are taking a year or so off.

I'm so super jealous of that.

• imagedaisydana:
    imageleffe1:

Me too! Also, Bali.

Been to Hawaii several times (my parents go EVERY year). Don't know when I will get back there again. My DH is scared to fly. Had to drug him to get him on a two and a half hour flight to Florida a couple of years ago. *sigh*

I'm scared to fly too :( 

• imageracampbell1:
    imageleffe1:

I had friends who did that for their honeymoon and they said it was AMAZING.  I would love to visit Tahiti, though money would definitely not have to be a factor.  They said cocktails were $18!!  I would also love to see New Zealand & the Cook Islands.

Egads! But yeah, this is presuming we all won the lottery or something.

• imageDr.Loretta:

Prague, Paris, coast of France, Edinburgh, Ireland, Rome, coast of Spain, Carmel CA, Maine, NH, Yellowstone, British Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, NZ, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Bhutan, to name a few.

Girl after my own heart!

• Definitely back to Europe (Italy~ Naples, Venice, Capri).  I would also love to go to Greece and Hawaii.  My niece is turning 16 next year and her (paternal) grandmother is taking her to Hawaii!  I'm so jealous!  Also, I wouldn't turn down an Alaskan cruise!
  • Most of Europe and parts of Turkey (where DH is from). Heck, right now I'll settle for Boston, Atlanta or Florida, where we have friends and family. Tickets from San Antonio are not cheap for some reason.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • imageRichelle021:
    Definitely back to Europe (Italy~ Naples, Venice, Capri).  I would also love to go to Greece and Hawaii.  My niece is turning 16 next year and her (paternal) grandmother is taking her to Hawaii!  I'm so jealous!  Also, I wouldn't turn down an Alaskan cruise!

Mmmm... Italy.

• imageNewMrs07:
    Most of Europe and parts of Turkey (where DH is from). Heck, right now I'll settle for Boston, Atlanta or Florida, where we have friends and family. Tickets from San Antonio are not cheap for some reason.

I'd love to visit Turkey and Boston. And boo to the expensive tickets from SA.

• imagePuckchick07:

...although I'd like to go to Europe again if money was no budget. Have always been on a budget when traveling before, so that would be nice :)

This.  I would also go back to Iceland - was there a few years ago as a conference speaker and got to see just a smidge and it was lovely.  New places: Italy, Turkey, Greece...

And for those talking Singapore and Vietnam - do it!  Two gorgeous places. 

• Great post! Hmmmm...more like "where wouldn't I travel?". First, I would go back to Prague and Italy. I'd like to explore Eastern Europe-Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary. Hmmm...Greece and Spain. Ireland and Scotland. Alaska. New Zealand. Brazil. Peru. Costa Rica. Tibet. I could go on and on...
  • Alaska and Australia are #1 and #2.  Then i'd love to go back to Germany and Chamonix (in southern France).
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is kind of random, but I want to see Sri Lanka and Sweden.

I remember going to the World Expo '86 in Vancouver, BC and being *fascinated* with the booth on Sri Lanka. Somewhere I still have the little pink elephant carved pendant I got there! The marketplaces especially interest me...

I've been studying Norse culture (Vikings) for the last five years so of course I'd have to find a way to investigate Sweden on the way there! 

• Around the world. Top picks:

The Galapagos Islands (planning a trip now for 2021 or 2022)
    S. America (Ecuador, Argentina (love Argentina), Chile, Brazil
    Costa Rica
    Raft the Grand Canyon
    Alaska, the Arctic
    Norway, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Italy,
    Singapore, Vietnam
    NZ
    S. Africa, Madagascar

• Definitely the Mediterranean. I would go back to Greece (we went to Santorini and Athens for our honeymoon) then Italy and Turkey and Morocco. 
  • First, the "doctor's" cruise to Rome, Alexandria, Athens, Istanbul (but that will have to wait until baby is older); I love the idea of Ireland and of course New Zealand; take my mom to Israel because she always wanted to go; and take my hubbie wherever he wants to travel; and of course take some time to drive across the US and see all this country has to offer!
  • imagestever:
    imageDr.Loretta:

Prague, Paris, coast of France, Edinburgh, Ireland, Rome, coast of Spain, Carmel CA, Maine, NH, Yellowstone, British Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, NZ, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Bhutan, to name a few.

Girl after my own heart!

Ha ha, mine too!

Actually, I would love to go back to Egypt and I *love* Edinburgh.  I would move to Scotland if DH would agree (sadly, he never will).  I'd like to go back to Italy, but go to cities I didn't see, like Florence and Venice.

My top list of new places is Australia, Israel, those adventure cruises to the Galapagos Islands and  Antarctica, India, Ireland, Tahiti, New Zealand, South Africa, Botswana, and Prince Edward Island.  Oh, and Saudi Arabia, because I've heard it's beautiful.  And Japan.

ETA:  Oops, I forgot Scandinavia.  How could I forget?  Sweden and Norway especially.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"