High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Ladies - what are your numbers to stay under?

I have had to see an endocrinologist this time around b/c of a thyroid issue. According to her I should be under 90 in the AM (fasting) & under 120 1hr after meals.

My OB office says under 100 (fasting) is ok and under 140 1hr after meals and under 120 2hr after meals is where I need to be. With a few exceptions that were pretty much self inflicted I have stayed within these ranges.

My fasting #'s have been above 90 but below 100 and I have friends that were put on meds for that. Just curious what your experiences are??

Re: GD Ladies - what are your numbers to stay under?

• My fasting numbers need to be below 90 and below 140 - 1 hour after I start eating.  My fasting numbers were regularly 96-97 and I'm now on insulin.  All of my post-meal number have been fine, to date.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • I got diagnosed early with these two. 12 weeks. On insulin. Fasting below 90 and 1 hour after meals below 120.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My fasting should be below 90 and my 2 hour after meal number should be under 120. I go tomorrow to show them my numbers and they told me that if my fasting weren't 90 or under I would go on insulin- they haven't been under once since checking them for a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From my endo and perinatologist, I need to be < 90 fasting and <120 at 1hr after meals.
  • My fastings need to be under 100... they usually are in the 60's -70's.

Then 1 hour after eating needs to be under 140... they are usually 90's- 120's.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fasting under 90

1 hour after meal under 140

2 hours after meal under 120

CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • My fasting should be below 90 and 2 hours after a meal under 120.  I've just been put on insulin, but my levels were above 100 (110+).  I'd go with whoever is actually treating your GD, just let the other person know what you've been told to use. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageGeback723:

Fasting under 90

1 hour after meal under 140

2 hours after meal under 120

This exactly.  I've only been checking my sugars since Thurs, but my fasting #'s have been higher than 90.  I go back for a follow-up on Thurs.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My fasting numbers are to be betwen 60 and 90. Then no higher than 120 and no lower than 60 2 hours after my meals. I've noticed that if i exercise (walking or arm exercises) my numbers wil be low. I've also figured out that even if i stay within my carb limits certain foods will make my numbers high no matter what. Like one slice of pizza will give me numbers at like 145 whether i exercise or not.  Did any on you get a diet or meal plan?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fasting below 95.

2 hours after meals below 120.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"