1st Trimester

What can I clean with?!

We just found out that i'm three weeks pregnant (super early I know) and my husband and I are both clean freaks. I'm really obsessive about having our house clean and i'm unsure of what to clean with. I generally use 7th generation because it's eco-friendly and it doesn't have harsh fumes, but is there anything else I can use that won't harm me or baby?

Re: What can I clean with?!

• Vinegar, water, lemon, baking soda, Dr. Bronners 
  • The only time you need to worry when using cleaning products is if it makes you light-headed, dizzy, or you get a headache. Make sure there's ventilation in the room, a fan, windows open, etc. Seriously, take everything you read online and on here with a HUGE grain of salt. Baby will be fine.

Think about it, our parents didn't have all of the "helpful information" we do now and obviously we're around so everything was okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can clean with your normal cleaning products.  My sister cleaned her house as she always did with both her pregnancies, and her children are fine and very smart! 
  • imagePattypoundcake:
    Vinegar, water, lemon, baking soda, Dr. Bronners 

This is what I prefer. I just have a spray bottle with a water/vinegar mix and a bit of peppermint oil and dish soap. I use it for almost anything.

If I need super-scrubbing power, I sprinkle on baking soda first.

If I need to disinfect (mostly counters and cutting boards), I use a hydrogen peroxide spray bottle.

I really don't like commercial cleaning products. They stink.

• imageroxytx1019@gmail.com:
    You can clean with your normal cleaning products.  My sister cleaned her house as she always did with both her pregnancies, and her children are fine and very smart! 

yup, I just scoured my showers and tubs out with Comet.  Sorry but vinegar just does not cut through the soap scum, even though I will use that with some lavender oil to wipe off counters and stuff.  I had the vent going and the doors open.  You're fine, don't worry.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baking soda really is pretty comparable to Comet.

No, you probably won't damage anything with regular products. They're just generally toxic to the water supply, and not that great for you (pregnant or not).

• I use my Shark Steamer for most of my cleaning.  The only thing it doesn't work well on is the showers. For that I have DH spray them. I guess I'm a little paranoid about chemicals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"