December 2010 Moms

I think I'm done having sex...

...for the rest of this pregnancy. I thought it over and have given it some time, but generally I just don't want to anymore. Perhaps I'll wrap a box of lube and socks and give it to SO when he gets back home tomorrow to commemorate this occasion?

Towards the end of the pregnancy when I start getting internals, my OB will look down there, then in horror, turn to the nurse and say, "She's got cobwebs!" (Remember Drop Dead Fred?)

Anybody else over sex?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I'm done having sex...

• imageGavsMomAlready+Newbie:

...for the rest of this pregnancy. I thought it over and have given it some time, but generally I just don't want to anymore. Perhaps I'll wrap a box of lube and socks and give it to SO when he gets back home tomorrow to commemorate this occasion?

Towards the end of the pregnancy when I start getting internals, my OB will look down there, then in horror, turn to the nurse and say, "She's got cobwebs!" (Remember Drop Dead Fred?)

Anybody else over sex?  

I"'m not over sex but I just had to laugh at the movie reference. I loved that movie!! My sister married a guy named Fred and everytime he came over we would shout "Drop Dead Fred!!" at him.

• hahaha Love your comment

But yes I'm so with you.  Poor DH hasn't gotten any in weeks and I really have no desire to do anything anymore either.  Maybe I'll copy you and give him a little gift bag too of lube, socks, and maybe even a Playboy.

• Loading the player...
  • I want to have sex but it's just not enjoyable for me.  I miss it!  I haven't given up yet though :)
  • I'm totally over it!  I was too worried about the pregnancy to really enjoy it at any point during this whole experience though.  But, my DH just asked me today if he could get a little tonight (he tried getting some last night but we got home from a baseball game late and he had already had a bunch of beers so I was NOT feeling it- literally :)

So, since I've gotten to take a nap today, and he's offered to take me maternity shopping I really have no excuse to not want to give it up, but laying in bed, reading a book with some girlie candles burning sounds sooooo much more fun!  I'm an awful wife!

Speaking of lube, you reminded me I need to pick some more up.  Not to give TMI, but I've found that I need it more lately :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd be happy to be done. It's just not comfortable or enjoyable for me anymore. DH won't masturbate, though, so I feel guilty if we don't have sex...and to be honest, sex is quicker than other stimulation so I'd rather do that than the other stuff. I hate that it's become a chore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLindyBugg:
    I'd be happy to be done. It's just not comfortable or enjoyable for me anymore. DH won't masturbate, though, so I feel guilty if we don't have sex...and to be honest, sex is quicker than other stimulation so I'd rather do that than the other stuff. I hate that it's become a chore.

You would do "other stimulation"? Hats off to you girl! I'm all about him adding a few minutes onto his shower routine and keeping his hands off me. 

LovesMM- It's such a great movie. I used to tell my friends "She's got cobwebs!" about my mom when I was young and she was being crabby. 

• This may be wayyy TMI, but google "Mimi Adult Toy". It has been the best during this pregnancy, because I too have not had much of a sex drive. It keeps DH nice and happy and its super quick :)
  • I'm totally over it.  Just have zero interest, which is a bummer, actually.  Of course, now that I'm on bedrest and doc says no to any of that sort of activity, I don't really need to explain to DH either.

• Ugh, my poor husband.  I should be happy he still wants to have sex with me but I'm just not really interested.

P.S. LOVE Drop Dead Fred!!!  No one else I know has ever seen it so I love that you quoted it!! 

imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Andysgirl....Mimi Adult Toy

Holy crap, I wish we had a naughty store here because I would pack it into the "3rd trimester survival box"

• imageGavsMomAlready+Newbie:

Andysgirl....Mimi Adult Toy

Holy crap, I wish we had a naughty store here because I would pack it into the "3rd trimester survival box"

LOL yeah, its great :) I'm sure you could find something similar online!

• It's kinda hard to whoop it up when I'm so tired with taking care of DS and all that jazz. It's hard to feel sexy with this jumbo belly as well. I probably won't give it up all together plus I need the progestaglandins (sp?) to help naturally soften the cervix so I hopefully won't need to be induced :0)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been done with it since I was about 8 weeks.  I try really hard to be into it but it just isn't the same.
  • Over it. It makes me very sad, but I'm totally uninterested. I'm hanging in there about once a week to keep DH happy....but that's about all I've got. I miss liking and wanting sex! I can't wait to enjoy it again. :-/
  • I am so NOT over it but when I went in to OB triage the first time with contractions, part of the discharge orders inlcuded no sex. It's been almost a month since then and I'm 99% sure it's safe but DH won't risk it. But you better believe I'm asking my OB when I see her this week!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • wow.. am i the only one who wants it more??? it's just so hard to do it because my big ol' belly gets in the way! we've been participating in "other stimulation" (as it was called earlier, haha) and that's been fun.. but i find my sex drive is even higher than normal.
  • imagejanneann1127:
    wow.. am i the only one who wants it more??? it's just so hard to do it because my big ol' belly gets in the way! we've been participating in "other stimulation" (as it was called earlier, haha) and that's been fun.. but i find my sex drive is even higher than normal.

I'm right there with ya! But DH isn't having it right now and well, it's just not as much fun to only "stimulate" him. LOL

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH and I have not had sex in 12 weeks.  I think that it because a combination of me giving out vibes that I am not interested and that he has now developed the fear of doing something that will hurt his boys.
  • imagejanneann1127:
    wow.. am i the only one who wants it more??? it's just so hard to do it because my big ol' belly gets in the way! we've been participating in "other stimulation" (as it was called earlier, haha) and that's been fun.. but i find my sex drive is even higher than normal.

No! I am with you. I was telling my gf the other day that I would hate to be pregnant and single because amoung other reasons there would be no one to have sex with.  

• I understand my daughter will be 1 years old in two weeks and i'm still not into sex. I only participate so that my boyfriend don't start complaining. Maybe its just a phase..... i hope.
  • If I had my druthers, I'd kidnap him for an entire day (or week) of sexy time.

It's getting awkward cause of the belly but we're managing just fine. Big Smile

• I've been done too. The 2nd trimester we had some, but not much. I was too sick in the first...and now the 3rd neither of us want any part of it. I feel so fat and gross. It's so not happening! I can't wait until after the baby gets here for that part of our lives to return.
  • haha you made me laugh at your comment about not feeling it.. literally!!!

well i hope it gets better for you ladies because my baby is 11 weeks now and i still don't feel like having sex. We have, however, 3 times since my 6 week check up... it was ok but it was so hard the first time - mentally. 

anyway, good luck!! :)

• I used to love having sex... sometimes I thought I liked it more than my hubby! I went into premature labor at 28 weeks, and they told me that we could still do it because there really isn't any "proof" that having sex can trigger premature labor, but my hubby doesn't want to anymore.... he said it hurts a little since my cervix has shortened and (jokingly) that she is gunna grab his "man parts.." LOL I have just been fixin' him up every couple of days, but we are both looking forward to being able to really do it. :)
  • This isn't meant to be rude...but how about if you don't want to have sex, skip the "lube and socks" and stimulate him yourself?

I'm seeing  a lot of selfish comments on here and it's like no one ever thought of being selfless. Pregnancy isn't an excuse.

If you're done having sex now, and probably won't be able to have sex for a good, long while AFTER pregnancy, how can two people continue in love and satisfaction in each other without being giving in whatever way they can?

Call me old-fashioned, but sex isn't merely a physical act (or it shouldn't be).

• imagejanneann1127:

I keep waking my DH up in the middle of the night I go to pee and am awake and in the mood, He's so happy 

• No, you're not the only one.  I didn't think it could get any better between DH and I, but it has.  First trimester was hard because of the constant nausea, and there's still stuff I won't do, but, for the most part, our sex life has improved over the last few weeks, and we're averaging at least 4-5 days a week.
  • DH and I decided we we're done about 2 weeks ago after a very uncomfortable and awkward romp.  I would like to give it 1 more try for our anniversery in 3 weeks, but DH is afraid of hurting the baby.  We may just have to settle for making-out like teenagers.

• I completely understand this feeling! I was done MONTHS ago, but for DH's sake, I stuck with it till it just became too much of a discomfort to me. Now I just take other methods to make sure he's happy. I always tease and joke though that we need to get him a girlfriend to help out. Of course it's a joke, but man, that would at totally take the pressure off me! (; Jk. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • I'm with you there janneann, increased blood flow has my libido ready to go.  The first trimester was rough, because I was nauseous all the time...sex does not cure nausea!!  We average once a week right now, and it is a little tough with the gigantic belly, but it is totally worth it.  Actually, probably TMI, but we had such a funny incident last weekend.  My husband had to go into work for a few hours, so I woke up casually, (with libido high in full swing), and decided to...take care of myself, for lack of a better phrase.  Well husband came home early, essentially "catching me in the act!"  I ask him if he cared to join me, and he said, "I was going to scoop up dog poop, but this is soooo much better!"  It was hilarious and very satisfying.  Plus, I feel so bad for him that we won't be able to for weeks after the baby comes, so I was to get as much nookie in now to keep us both satisfied....
  • imageLindyBugg:
    I'd be happy to be done. It's just not comfortable or enjoyable for me anymore. DH won't masturbate, though, so I feel guilty if we don't have sex...and to be honest, sex is quicker than other stimulation so I'd rather do that than the other stuff. I hate that it's become a chore.
      Try out some new positions to find something comfortable for you like being on your side and him behind you...not as romantic as being face to face but it's comfortable!
  • I guess I'm not of the norm, I am totally NOT over it!  I'm the total opposite, can't get enough, think I've been wearing my husband out a little bit!!!
  • I am not done per say, but at 8 months I am having a hard time mustering the energy. I did maintain a pretty healthy 'lifestyle' up until about 28 weeks but at a certain point you just get so big and your so sore. It isn't for lack of want, but lack of practicality. I will say this though the times I make myself muster the energy I do feel the better after. For a few hours my muscles and joints don't hurt as bad and I am comfortable.
  • imageJWLAFLtower:

This isn't meant to be rude...but how about if you don't want to have sex, skip the "lube and socks" and stimulate him yourself?

I'm seeing  a lot of selfish comments on here and it's like no one ever thought of being selfless. Pregnancy isn't an excuse.

If you're done having sex now, and probably won't be able to have sex for a good, long while AFTER pregnancy, how can two people continue in love and satisfaction in each other without being giving in whatever way they can?

Call me old-fashioned, but sex isn't merely a physical act (or it shouldn't be).

AMEN sister!  I find it hard sometimes to get in the mood for sex because I'm so uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna leave DH hanging!  If I'm too sore or tired for sex, I help him out in other ways.  Often times, though, if I just try to get into the mood for him, I end up having a wonderful time and glad we did it!  DH is wonderful about never pushing for sex (or even asking for that matter!) since he doesn't want to make me feel bad, so I love to do whatever I can, whenever I can for him.  He's been so good to dote on me, that he deserves some sexy attention!  And I'm more than happy to give it to him!  Goodness knows after the baby arrives it will be weeks before we can have sex again.  Why deprive him (or myself) now?  I refuse to be selfish about it just because I'm pregnant.  My marriage comes first!  Besides, DH is one of those guys that gets turned on by pregnancy!  Lucky me! :) 

• I agree!  I was reading everyone else's comments and they seem so selfish.  There were many times-especially in the first trimester when i felt sick- that I made love with my husband even though I wasn't "in the mood."  It's not just having sex.  I love my husband and want to meet his needs. BTW, these comments are not directed toward anyone who's doctor has instructed them otherwise or whose husbands are affraid of hurting the baby.
  • I get into the mood and want to have sex, and usually it's very enjoyable.  But as of late I feel like I've been in a gang bang when it's over.  And I'm sure it's just from the swelling of blood flow and what not.  But it does become painful.  But I'm staying strong and just trying to get creative with positions and things to make sure I also keep the DH as happy as he keeps me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"