Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Any one else doing Gymboree classes?

We are starting them the week after K gets her shots (she is getting them at 6 weeks).

Who else is planning on doing these classes with their LO?  I am looking forward to getting out of the house and meeting other new moms in the area - all of my mommy friends live in the burbs so I need to meet some city moms!

Re: Any one else doing Gymboree classes?

• we've been doing playgroups for 4 years now, my DS loves them and has benefitted greatly from them. He's such a social child, and i love them too..its a great way to meet other moms (and since we're military and do them on the base its great to meet other moms going through what i go through especially during deployments and tough stuff like that)
    Since DS is in school now me and Riley have been going to a "baby and me" music group, so far she has slept through all of them, but i've still been singing to her anyway haha..i think she will love them when she starts to wake up haha.
  • I did a free class.  It's not that I think it's a bad class, but I found other types that were better for my son at that age (he was 8-12 months old during that semester).  But clearly, at 6 weeks, you're doing it more for getting out of the house- as you said.

I really liked music classes when my son was young- he could get into the beat of it and dance a little and sway with the music.  Now that he is almost 3, Gymboree is awesome because all he wants to do is run around and use tons of energy.  We're actually having my son's birthday party there next month.

We did a Music Together class for about a year and we loved it (for when your daughter is older).  They give you a CD so you can play it at home so they hear the songs over and over and get familiar with them.  That made it less scary to my son when we got to the class.  Plus, they have instruments and stuff for the kids to bang on and learn different beats.  Just a thought for the future.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • imageJillAly:

I did a free class.  It's not that I think it's a bad class, but I found other types that were better for my son at that age (he was 8-12 months old during that semester).  But clearly, at 6 weeks, you're doing it more for getting out of the house- as you said.

I really liked music classes when my son was young- he could get into the beat of it and dance a little and sway with the music.  Now that he is almost 3, Gymboree is awesome because all he wants to do is run around and use tons of energy.  We're actually having my son's birthday party there next month.

We did a Music Together class for about a year and we loved it (for when your daughter is older).  They give you a CD so you can play it at home so they hear the songs over and over and get familiar with them.  That made it less scary to my son when we got to the class.  Plus, they have instruments and stuff for the kids to bang on and learn different beats.  Just a thought for the future.

I should clarify that it is a Gymboree baby and me music class for babies 0-6 months.  So it is specifically geared towards our age group!

• I have a one month free, with waived membership fee coupon if you want it! I can forward the email to you!

• imagekaliewaldeck:
    I have a one month free, with waived membership fee coupon if you want it! I can forward the email to you!

I've got it too - but thanks!

• I looked in to the them, but for the price decided to wait until DD is old enough to really interact.  Plus our local libraries do a once a week song and story time and then you have unlimited time to play with the educational toys at the library and its free, so we do that and even though DD isnt really interacting yet, its good to get out of our house and get her used to being around kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I need to find something like this to do with my LO. I also live in Houston, but haven't really looked into anything yet. I'm gonna get on that next week : )
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• imagealy&jj:
    I need to find something like this to do with my LO. I also live in Houston, but haven't really looked into anything yet. I'm gonna get on that next week : )

We are going to use the Gymboree at Post Oak.  We live right outside of downtown so it is the closest to us!  Good luck finding something!  Our first class is sheduled for October 5!

• imageLCB34:

I should clarify that it is a Gymboree baby and me music class for babies 0-6 months.  So it is specifically geared towards our age group!

I didn't realize they had classes for babies that young since it's a gym!  That's great.  Have fun at the class and I hope you meet a lot of new mommy friends.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again

• imageLCB34:

I didn't realize they had classes for babies that young since it's a gym!  That's great.  Have fun at the class and I hope you meet a lot of new mommy friends.

• I've been going to the Gymboree on Post Oak for a few weeks now.  Like you, I joined mainly to get out of the house and meet people.  We just moved to Houston from NY last month for my husband's job, and I don't know anyone at all.  They've been fun, although at 12 weeks I'm not sure how much LO is getting out of it. 
  • imagekaliewaldeck:
    I have a one month free, with waived membership fee coupon if you want it! I can forward the email to you!

OOOHHH ME ME ME!!!

Can you send me a PM???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • imagekaliewaldeck:

Can your coupon be used for more then one person? If so will you forward it to me too please.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"