Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When did your LO start smiling (socially)?

Just curious! Morgan is 6 weeks today but was almost 5 weeks early. So, does that mean she'll start smiling later?

Re: When did your LO start smiling (socially)?

• mia is 7 weeks (but 4 weeks adjusted) and has yet to start smiling socially. she also only weighed 3 pounds, 11 ounces at birth.

i think that some preemies just put so much effort into growing that it takes them longer to hit certain other milestones. they have a lot of catching up to do.

• About one month for my little guy.
  • Loading the player...
  • right around 5 and a half weeks.

1ht

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• DD is 6 weeks. She gave me a smirk yesterday. That's about it though. So, nothing yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got my first smile this morning, at 5 weeks 1 day, and she was 3 weeks early, so it doesn't necessarily mean she'll smile later, though I think that with your LO being almost 5 weeks early, there's a better chance that it will be later.  I think anywhere around 5 weeks- 10 weeks is fairly normal.
  • I will be so excited when Amelia smiles socially. Right now she gives me huge smiles which I'm sure are gas, but if they are a preview of what her social smiles will be like, it will be amazing.
  • about 4 weeks we started getting smiles, but at about 6 weeks we have been getting smiles and giggles in response to our talking-so i guess that means socially at 6 weeks.
  • First smile at 41/2 weeks, smiles here and there during the 6th week, and now daily and a lot but mostly in the morning (apparently a morning baby) at 7 weeks. My DS was 3 weeks early and they told me they do take it into account with milestone markers (although, he hit all milestones before he was supposed to anyways)
  • Monday! He was exactly 1 month old.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • DD was 3 1/2 weeks early and under 5 pounds.  Real social smiling started around 9-10 weeks and now she smiles at us all the time.  Don't stress--it's all normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"