Health & Exercise

healthy breakfasts?

I used to eat eggs for breakfast now I can't stand the smell of them nor can i stand the taste of them.  Thanks DS. ;) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: healthy breakfasts?

• Me too!  I was an eggs and oatmeal kinda gal, but I just can't handle it in the morning.  I started eating whole wheat cereals with soy milk for breakfast.  I like Kashi cereals... they're delicious and good for you.  Once I've let that settle I eat a yogurt and some fruit also.  But not all at once.  Big meals make me ill.  Sometimes I'll mix it up and make a protein smoothie with protein powder, yogurt, milk, and frozen fruit and throw in a little ground flax seed.  Added bonus- you can drink it on the run.

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I was doing SO well with eggs the first trimester.  Then I suddenly I couldn't tolerate them.  I eat a healthy cereal, eat english muffin w/peanut butter, or a smoothie.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was like that too a little, plus I really wanted carbs. 

I ate alot of whole wheat english muffins with a piece of turkey sausage and swiss cheese.  

also high fiber cereals with soy milk

a wheat pancake a turkey sausage 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Smoothies! Every single morning (for over 2 years!) DH and I have protein smoothies:

1 banana

1C Almond Milk

5- cubes ice

1/2-1C frozen organic fruit (blueberry, straws, etc)

Protein Powder

1/2-1C apple juice (and a little water to make it more juice-like)

Sometimes we add a little agave nectar or maple syrup to sweeten it and raw nuts (cashews or almonds) for texture/vitamins. I mean, really, sometimes we add raw spinach, etc, you can get really creative!

Might need to tweek those ratios per your liking-but I get tons of protein and fiber right away, keeps me full for awhile.

HTHs!

• I'm a big fan of multi-grain oatmeal with blueberries and just a little bit of brown sugar. I ate it throughout my pregnancy and never got sick of it.
  • ditto the smoothie!

4 ice cubes

1/2c oj

1/2c prune juice (started using during pregnancy)

frozen strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango

1/4c greek yogurt

banana

Mmmmmm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Green monster smoothies and overnight oats (both recipes are in my blog below).
  • I finally found something I can't get enough of that keeps me full for about 3 hours.

No sugar added muesli (I like Alpen brand)

Tablespoon ground flaxseed

Tablespoon dried goji berries

Skim milk

Amazing stuff. Filling, tasty, protein, vitamins, nothing fake. YUM.

• Protein shake

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

a couple handfuls of frozen fruit

a little water to desired consistency

Put it all in the blender.  

• I eat two breakfasts: the first one is a whole wheat english muffin with a light schmear of natural peanut butter.

The second is plain Greek Style yogurt with fruit, or a fruit smoothie with a cup full of baby spinach, flaxseed and protein powder added. (You cant taste the spinach!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"