3rd Trimester

Registry thoughts

What would you think if you went on someone's registry and saw nursing tank tops? Is it weird/lame to ask for something for me? It's mostly that my sister keeps bugging me to add more to my registry and I know some people like to include things for the mom anyways. I just don't want it to come across as tacky.

Re: Registry thoughts

• I'm all about practical stuff when it comes to registries... so I wouldn't find it weird or tacky at all. Worst case, nobody buys them for you, and you get a discount with your registry completion coupons.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I probably wouldn't include them. I don't think that I would find it tacky, I just wouldn't be interested in buying that when I have other more baby-related choices. How many items do you have on your registry? I think it is important to have several items at different price points, and if you already have enough so that your guests won't run out of options, I would not add anything more unless you really want it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's fine to register for nursing supplies, but I would stop short of tanks. I would feel weird about it because it's clothing for me. Maybe I'm off base, though. I'm curious what others think of this one.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Photobucket
  • I wouldn't do it.

BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that's fine!
  • imagejessakris:
    I think it's fine to register for nursing supplies, but I would stop short of tanks. I would feel weird about it because it's clothing for me. Maybe I'm off base, though. I'm curious what others think of this one.

My thoughts exactly. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejessakris:
    I think it's fine to register for nursing supplies, but I would stop short of tanks. I would feel weird about it because it's clothing for me. Maybe I'm off base, though. I'm curious what others think of this one.

It's not weird to register for a "hooter hider" and that is an article for the mom.  I don't think it's a big deal. All registries I've seen have nipple cream and breastmilk storage bags...I'd rather get mom a tank. 

• I don't feel it's weird or tacky. This is coming from someone that registered for the post pardum support band and received it at my shower. My thoughts are that if it pertains to the baby, it's ok, same with breastfeeding supplies or something like that. If you are looking to ad more to your registry I'm sure there are tons of other things you can add other than nursing tanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't do it, but I also wouldn't register for baby clothes (other than onesies).  There are plenty of other baby supplies we need, that clothing just doesn't belong.
  • I don't think I'd find it strange to see them on a registry - Although now that I am in the position of needing these things too, I don't think they are at all embarassing/odd/etc to ask for. 

Maybe you would have better luck registering for more of what you've already received and things people are more likely to buy (i.e. towels, blankets, nuks, bottles) and then return them for store credit.  I had four showers and ended up doing this.  I felt bad, but it seemed that people wanted to buy "stuff" and not give giftcards.  I was able to return enough of these "little necessities" for my snap n'go stroller and a few playard sheets.

• imageTColeman:
    If you are looking to ad more to your registry I'm sure there are tons of other things you can add other than nursing tanks.

What essentials we do need are already on there as well as things that aren't needed quite so much, that was really the only other thing I could come up with that I'd like to have that we didn't already and that wasn't on the registry. Anything else would really be kind of a stretch and possibly not even get used, so I figured at least this way it's something that would definitely get used. Plus I always see at least one person buy pjs for mom at showers, so I think I will do it just so they can at least choose something I'd prefer if they already had that in mind.
  • imageCaliRae81:

I don't think I'd find it strange to see them on a registry - Although now that I am in the position of needing these things too, I don't think they are at all embarassing/odd/etc to ask for. 

Maybe you would have better luck registering for more of what you've already received and things people are more likely to buy (i.e. towels, blankets, nuks, bottles) and then return them for store credit.  I had four showers and ended up doing this.  I felt bad, but it seemed that people wanted to buy "stuff" and not give giftcards.  I was able to return enough of these "little necessities" for my snap n'go stroller and a few playard sheets.

This is the second time I've read something like this on here.  This has to be the tackiest thing I've heard.  Confused

• I think it's totally fine to register for nursing tank tops
  • I wwas thinking about adding a few nursing tanks AFTER my shower dates so that I can take advantage of the discount for myself, but I don't think I could put that on there for someone else to buy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"