3rd Trimester

Are you FLIPPING kidding me MIL?!?!?!!?!

Yesterday I had an OB appointment and MIL said she would watch DD while I went. When I came back to pick DD up I stayed and visited for a little while. Then MIL said "Sometimes I just let D play outside by herself while I fix lunch. I can see her from the kitchen." I wanted to scream at her. DD is only 15 months old. MIL lives on a farm with dangerous equipment and cows that often get out, not to mention electric fences and a dog that is a little iffy around kids. WTF is she thinking??? I know that is how she raised my husband and his brothers but I'm not ok with that for DD!!!!

I tried to explain to her why I didn't want DD out there by herself and she kept brushing it off like I didn't know what I was talking about. I got so mad that I took DD and left. I don't know what to do to get it through her head it's not safe!!! The sad thing is, I know she will continue to do it and just not tell me about it because I have caught her doing that before. UGH!!

Time to find a babysitter.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you FLIPPING kidding me MIL?!?!?!!?!

• OMG this is my Mom so totally, I feel for you, I really do. But you are right and it gets scarier other people will start telling you things that she didn't tell you but way after it happens. B/c they are granparents though you can't keep the kids from them. Or at least I can't having the only grandchildren! Sorry you are going through this!
  • DEFINITELY time to find a babysitter!!! OMG! That is one of the worst MIL stories I have ever read on TB! I would never let her watch DD again, how unsafe!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Loading the player...
  • Holy crap! I would definitely not be having her babysit again!!!

My rule is probably going to be if you can't wipe your own ass you should not be outside by yourself. Period.

That is just mental.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Johns:

Holy crap! I would definitely not be having her babysit again!!!

My rule is probably going to be if you can't wipe your own ass you should not be outside by yourself. Period.

That is just mental.

hahaha I like that rule!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Johns:

Holy crap! I would definitely not be having her babysit again!!!

That is just mental.

Agree with this 100%.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well the consequences of her dumb behavior is that she can't watch your DD anymore. 
  • Whoa...I'd be pissed too. The farm equipment/animals all that is one thing (which I also would be way concerned about,) but 15 months is just waaay too young to be outside by herself!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dont even like my 8 month old dog outside alone and our backyard is totally fenced in and safe.  What a lunatic.  I hope your DH was mad too. 
  • That's horrible!!  A 22 month old just died on a farm near our house.  He was the youngest son of the farmer.  They let him wander like that, and I guess he fell into a feeding trough (is that spelled correctly) and drowned.

So, I applaud your decision to find a babysitter because you really never know what kids are getting into and letting a 15 month old roam a farm is NOT SAFE.

• Oh. My. GAWD. YOUR daughter's safety is WAY more important than what THAT woman thinks of you, so stick to your guns and get another babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!! I live on farm and would NEVER do that! OH. I just can't imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That brief visit wouldn't have ended nicely if that were me either.  There is no way she would watch my child again.  WTF is wrong with people?

• that woman would never watch my child again. Ever.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"