3rd Trimester

What are you proud of?

I was lurking on 0-3 and saw this post about fitting back into your pre-preg jeans

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42568829.aspx

The OP later talks about how she fits her size 2 jeans now and can't wait to get back into size 0 and that she prides herself in being tiny.  At first it kind of annoyed me, tiny person saying she wants to be tinier, especially since most people, physiologically, could never and should never be that small.  Then I got to thinking, a big part of my identity and personal pride was, for a long time, something purely genetic.  My height, I'm 6'1" and love it.  So, if I'm proud of that I shouldn't be bothered by her being proud of being tiny.

What are you proud of that's simply genetic luck?  Go ahead, brag a little!Big Smile

Re: What are you proud of?

• I have pretty awesome boobies. I think that's it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Photobucket
  • My skin...not the breaking out here and there but the fact that I am 36 and have not one wrinkle or line anywhere on my face.  My grandmother died at 93 and her skin was amazing as well.  My mom, although a bit overweight, also has amazing skin.  I'll deal with the grey hair to have the wrinkle free skin.
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm more grateful than proud, but here it is:

my parents always said that i should lose weight before i got PG so that i wouldn't be huge on top of it all & it would be easier to lose weight afterwards. well, i didn't lose weight - i started out around 185lbs and only 5'4". but once i got PG i started losing fat. my face got thinner, my body rearranged my fat, and everyone says i look thinner than before (except for the big baby bump!). in fact, during the 1st tri, i wasn't getting sick but i managed to only put on about 6lbs, and lost 1lb. i'm grateful that my body adjusted so well to this and i'm proud to say that even with as much ice cream as i've eaten i have only gained a total of 18lbs.

• imagejessakris:
    I have pretty awesome boobies. I think that's it.

LOL!  my younger sister won the ta ta lottery.  I told her that if I were to get a boob job I'm bring in a picture of hers!

• My long legs. I wear a 36" inseam. :)
    "To me, you are perfect."

• imagejessakris:
    I have pretty awesome boobies. I think that's it.

yes!!! thank you booby fairy!!! :)

• My eyes are a slightly unique color... they're light brown, almost honey colored. I don't see many people with eyes like mine and I like them :) I guess they're considered 'hazel' and I think they go well with my blonde hair. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This sounds bad but I'm proud that I have blonde hair, blue eyes and nice boobies! I have what most the girls in my high school wished for.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imageKJmashup:
    My long legs. I wear a 36" inseam. :)

I'm a 36 too!  What have you done for mat jeans?  I ended up buying some Gap long and lean jeans in tall and letting the hem out.  Not super classy, but better than high waters!

• My mega long thick eyelashes. I ALWAYS get accused of having fakies on and I love proving people wrong when they try tugging at my daisy duck lashes. I never have to wear any other make up as long as I have on mascara.

I WAS really proud of my super long thick hair until I reached a mid-pregnancy crisis and chopped it. Patiently waiting for it to grow back....

I like this topic. Instead of focusing on all the little things I'm not currently liking about myself it's nice to think of the things I still love. Good self esteem booster for us pregnant ladies.

• Giant boobs and red hair! Although usually I hate the former, I'll go ahead and be grateful since so many women pay a LOT of money to have boobs my size, also because I'm lucky enough to have an hourglass figure (normally ;_; *sniff* hope I get that back!).
  • imageMyBdayPresent:

imageKJmashup:
    My long legs. I wear a 36" inseam. :)

I'm a 36 too!  What have you done for mat jeans?  I ended up buying some Gap long and lean jeans in tall and letting the hem out.  Not super classy, but better than high waters!

I bought tall jeans from Old Navy, and I found some regular-length jeans at Penney's that oddly happen to be almost long enough. They're a little bit high-waterish, but oh well. I was on a strict budget when I bought my maternity clothes. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• imageNicoleCaley:

My mega long thick eyelashes. I ALWAYS get accused of having fakies on and I love proving people wrong when they try tugging at my daisy duck lashes. I never have to wear any other make up as long as I have on mascara.

I WAS really proud of my super long thick hair until I reached a mid-pregnancy crisis and chopped it. Patiently waiting for it to grow back....

I like this topic. Instead of focusing on all the little things I'm not currently liking about myself it's nice to think of the things I still love. Good self esteem booster for us pregnant ladies.

Lucky!  I come from a long line of short stubby lashes.  My older sister's husband has amazing lashes and all her kids, even the one who looks like our side in every other way, got his lashes.  Lucky babies!

• My eyes are a pretty amazing shade of blue if I do say so myself! :-)

Also once I stopped processing the hell out of my hair I learned to appreciate my (very) thick brunette hair.

• Absolutely my boobs and my hip bones.  That one is kind of weird I know....but I didn't know I had hip bones until I lost 170 pounds and now they stick out....I just like 'em!
  • My hair. Love it. Thick and straight and insanely easy to deal with. 
  • I was normally proud of my boobs, but now they feel like they are getting flat.  I think they'll look different after EBFing and time.  But I still love them.  I don't know where I got them.  Both sides of the genetic tree have small boobs, but I was blessed. 

Also, my TEETH!!  I have fairly nice sized teeth, and I am very proud of them.  One thing I hope my daughter gets from me is my lips and teeth. 

On my left middle finger I have a mole that is slightly to the left side underneath my knuckle.  I don't know why, but I love it.  I think it gives my hand so much character, and it's something else to focus on if I feel like flipping someone off.  Haha...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"