3rd Trimester

FB Vent!

I went to school with this freaking gem from preschool through high school graduation. She has two daughters and a LO on the way. She is constantly complaining about her little girls as if they are the spawn of Satan. (For instance, if they are having a wound-up kind of day, she will actually post on FB that she wishes she never had children bc they are "turning into little biiitches.") It makes upset, of course, but she always ends each post with "Don't judge, especially if you don't have kids!" but I can't help but be Judgy McJudgerson, bc I find it pretty inappropriate. I know I should just delete her sorry@ss...

FFWD to today. I am busy, but of COURSE, I just had to check my FB and the bump and I saw her latest update.

I will share:

"FRIEND" is in a panic :( sadly only because my cigarettes are MIA. I've scoured the building high and low, faced unthinkable peril to no avail. they are just *sob* gone . on a lighter note, this should be a pretty smooth and easy day otherwise...and yes, I know I shouldn't be smoking... kindly keep your opinions on the matter to yourself :P

3 comments :

Response 1: I smoked with both pregnancy's and my girls are all fine...

Response 2 (FROM FRIEND WHO MADE POST) : I did too with the first 2. i keep joking that im ensuring an easy delivery by lowering the birth rate...not everyone shares my sense of humor though :)

Response 3: i think i smoked more pregnant than i do know from all the stress and yes everyone i came in contact with had something to say about it. my son was 3 weeks early and weighed 7.1 and almost 20 inches long. could u imagine how big that kid would have been if i went full term.

Indifferent

Flame me if you want. I don't care. This is just, WOW!

I may have to post and run, as I have a bunch to do today, but I hope my ladies are all doing well!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FB Vent!

• I can't believe not only that she'd write that but that other people would condone it!  That's terrible.  Those poor children!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I do not blame you for judging at all. That is the most insane thing that I have ever read in my life. I am judging right now . 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • She sounds pretty trashy...Why are you still friends with her?  I'd kick her ass to the curb.
  • I judge, usually silently, but I always judge. ;)

And sorry if it offends anyone on here, but smoking during a pregnancy is stupid (I know it is an addiction and I do have sympathy for that aspect) but basically bragging about it is even more stupid.

I would have to delete her as a friend. I don't think I could read that stuff.

In general I have noticed that people really overshare on FB. This is a perfect example. I have learned SO much about people via FB that I wish I didn't know!

• Wooooow. I am Judgy McJudgerson too! That is SO stupid. I was a big smoker before getting pregnant myself and it was tough to quit but I did for the safety of my baby. Regardless of whether a baby comes out "fine" or not if you smoke it still doesn't make it okay.

Your "friend" sounds like a moron.

That being said I have a friend due 3 days after me and she is still steadily smoking during her pregnancy without any intention to quit. It's not my place to say something but I still get annoyed and judge her poor decisions.

• I'm sorry, but what an effing selfish biitch!!  Seriously, my stupid SIL smoked during her pregnancy and now her daughter is 3 and has asthma.  She can't even keep up with my DD because she can't breathe after running for two minutes.

I would LOVE to just throatpunch that douchebag FB friend of yours.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • response #3 was the worst of the worst for me. Actually being happy you had your kid early because you smoked so you didnt have a huge baby/ WTF!  I say that calls for a throat punch!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sure, this is flameworthy--but not on you. Your "friend"...wow, what a piece of work. I don't even know her, and she has made my blood boil. Grrrrrr!
    "To me, you are perfect."

• I don't think I'd be able to hold back my judgement on something that blatantly horrible, trashy, and AWing.  She can say to "hold the judgement" but in reality she is the one airing her dirty laundry proudly.  I'd probably give her a piece of my mind and then un-friend her.
  • Oh, she is definitely deleted now! Like I said, her previous posts were weird enough but this just disgusts me!
  • imageDLD102:

I would LOVE to just throatpunch that douchebag FB friend of yours.

Um, this.

• Her post just makes me so sad.  Why would a mom do that to her babies?  I know I don't do everything by the book but that one seems like such a no brainer to me.  How sad.
  • That chick is a dumb@ss... glad you deleted her. NFT
  • WOW, that's terrible. I smoked before I got pregnant and it was the easiest thing for me to quit. Before I "knew" I was pregnant and just had a feeling I was I simply stopped.(surprise pregnancy) Easiest decision of my life because it's not about me anymore, it's about my baby and I'm here to give her a great head start to life, not take away from her before she even has a shot to a healthy life. That's the most irresponsible, selfish human being and it just baffles my mind.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesylwill:
    No flaming from me, just some shaking of my head at your friend. I would delete her from your list and avoid the frustration/consternation.

This exactly. Wow, just wow. 

babies image image
  • imageKJmashup:
    Sure, this is flameworthy--but not on you. Your "friend"...wow, what a piece of work. I don't even know her, and she has made my blood boil. Grrrrrr!

this. It's unbelievable how she doesn't even care! I would have not held back and would have tossed my 2 cents in before I deleted her. She deserves to know shes won the prize of douchbag mom of the year.

• imagesweetheart18:
    I don't think I'd be able to hold back my judgement on something that blatantly horrible, trashy, and AWing.  She can say to "hold the judgement" but in reality she is the one airing her dirty laundry proudly.  I'd probably give her a piece of my mind and then un-friend her.

no kidding. if you don't want to be judged, you don't have to tell people all the stupid *** you're doing!

• imageIvana.Stolichnaya:
    She sounds pretty trashy...Why are you still friends with her?  I'd kick her ass to the curb.

OBH...please, please, please pretty please with sugar on top....de-friend this person.  I de-friended the little sister of a friend of mine because she is 19 years old, (was) pregnant with her second child, and kept posting trashy pictures of herself almost nude throughout her pregnancy!

Yuck...actually, I would send her email as to why you're de-friending her and ask her to not contact you anymore.  

I feel sorry for her kids...!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Completely selfish. I have unfriended people at lesser offenses. 

And i love the people who throw in the "don't judge". Everyone judges. It's called forming an opinion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Indifferent wow..she really is a gem..
    CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • Too bad you can't report her to Child Care Services!
  • wow....is right. Seriously there is nothing I hate more than seeing a pregnant woman smoking. I feel like they are just putting on a sign that says, I'm selfish and I don't give a crap about my baby already. You would think she'd be embarrassed by it, but instead she's announcing it to the world! soooo yeah, wow! And calling your kids names....seriously?! How kids act, I think are a direct reflection of their parents.....soooo hmmmmm.....

ps - hope your internal wasn't so bad!!! :)) I had mine today too, 2cm....yay!

• This sucks, because I busted my butt to quit, I felt like a failure because it took me almost a month after I found out I was pregnant to quit, my husband quit too so I would not be tempted. But I quit. I went from 2-3 packs a day to zero because the baby inside me should get first priority, and he was not even actually planned. Sheesh really? if you want to keep smoking that bad, start back up later, or use birth control.

Yeah maybe baby was just fine at birth, but they can develop issues later on, and really, they want to have a baby who has to come off nicotine? Right after birth? Like this is not hard enough?

Sorry it upsets me because I did not want to quit smoking, I liked it, and it was not easy to quit cold turkey, but after 15 years of smoking I did it. So anyone who does not, well call me judgy, but they are being lazy. I had quit using pills 3 times and went right back to it. This is the longest I have ever quit and we plan on staying quit for our baby. Grr sorry, sore spot, if I can do it, anyone can.

• O.M.G. how can people be so selfish to smoke during their pregnancy??? It just blows my mind that they're so selfish to only think of themselves rather than the LO that is growing inside of them... Ugh people like this bother the crap outta me... :-(
  • imageNicoleCaley:

Wooooow. I am Judgy McJudgerson too! That is SO stupid. I was a big smoker before getting pregnant myself and it was tough to quit but I did for the safety of my baby. Regardless of whether a baby comes out "fine" or not if you smoke it still doesn't make it okay.

Your "friend" sounds like a moron.

That being said I have a friend due 3 days after me and she is still steadily smoking during her pregnancy without any intention to quit. It's not my place to say something but I still get annoyed and judge her poor decisions.

This! I smoked quite a bit, and I will admit, it was really difficult to quit. Really difficult. I hated life for a few weeks there. But I quit. I am so proud of myself for doing it, and I know my daughter will be better off. 

• AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  I'm almost crying about how horrible that is... tell her off and then delete her!  please!

• Indifferent

I'm with you--and I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue.

imageimage
  • How is this not considered child abuse?  It definitely should be IMO anyway.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Why don't you just block her?? Or at the very least, hide her posts. You choose to subject yourself to getting upset by reading that garbage. Just block her and move on with your merry life! I would have blocked her ions ago!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• imageSweets2005:
    Why don't you just block her?? Or at the very least, hide her posts. You choose to subject yourself to getting upset by reading that garbage. Just block her and move on with your merry life! I would have blocked her ions ago!

FWIW, I did block/delete her, as I previously stated. If you read the other posts after my original one, you could see that. Her other status updates sucked but not nearly this bad. Growing up, she and I were friends so that is why I was friends with her on FB to begin with.

I did not tell her off or tell her how horrible it was before deleting her though. That is a wussy thing to do, I think. I don't want to tell her off and run and hide, you know? She will get hers. She obviously doesn't care and there's nothing I can do to change her mind.  I do wish her children well though.

• imageOctoberBabyH:

I went to school with this freaking gem from preschool through high school graduation. She has two daughters and a LO on the way. She is constantly complaining about her little girls as if they are the spawn of Satan. (For instance, if they are having a wound-up kind of day, she will actually post on FB that she wishes she never had children bc they are "turning into little biiitches.") It makes upset, of course, but she always ends each post with "Don't judge, especially if you don't have kids!" but I can't help but be Judgy McJudgerson, bc I find it pretty inappropriate. I know I should just delete her sorry@ss...

FFWD to today. I am busy, but of COURSE, I just had to check my FB and the bump and I saw her latest update.

I will share:

"FRIEND" is in a panic :( sadly only because my cigarettes are MIA. I've scoured the building high and low, faced unthinkable peril to no avail. they are just *sob* gone . on a lighter note, this should be a pretty smooth and easy day otherwise...and yes, I know I shouldn't be smoking... kindly keep your opinions on the matter to yourself :P

3 comments :

Response 1: I smoked with both pregnancy's and my girls are all fine...

Response 2 (FROM FRIEND WHO MADE POST) : I did too with the first 2. i keep joking that im ensuring an easy delivery by lowering the birth rate...not everyone shares my sense of humor though :)

Response 3: i think i smoked more pregnant than i do know from all the stress and yes everyone i came in contact with had something to say about it. my son was 3 weeks early and weighed 7.1 and almost 20 inches long. could u imagine how big that kid would have been if i went full term.

Indifferent

You are a better woman than me...I would find her and slap the sh*t out of her!

Flame me if you want. I don't care. This is just, WOW!

I may have to post and run, as I have a bunch to do today, but I hope my ladies are all doing well!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"