1st Trimester

Terrified - should I call my doc?

Woke up this morning and saw traces of blood in my discharge (tmi,sorry). It looked red to me, but there was barely any there. No clotting or anything like that, just specks. I'm almost 6 wks, terrified of m/c - should I call my doctor or is this normal?

Thanks in advance... 

Re: Terrified - should I call my doc?

• I've had spotting off and on. I haven't passed any clots and none of it is accompanied by cramps or sharp pains.  I called my doc and they said that happens for some people in the first tri. 

Call your doc for peace of mind...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If that was it I would not call. If there is more bright red flow not just in your discharge I would call. And if there is any cramping DEFINITELY call. Spotting is really normal throughout pregnancies. Spotting is really normal after sex too. Could be left over blood trickling out from implantation or something. Try to not worry yet.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd call
  • I had the exact same thing at the exact same time as you and it was implantation bleeding (hung around my cervix for a while before coming out apparently).

Every situation is different though and I would call the doc to let them know.

• Normal, but if you are terrified then you should call just for piece of mind.
  • I would call just for peace of mind. 
  • imagecruelsound:
    They'll tell you that, if you aren't filling up a pad or cramping terribly, then there's nothing to worry about.

I don't think anyone here can tell you what your doc's office would say. I'd call them, even if it is to just keep them in the loop. When it happened to me, my doc had me come in for an u/s just to make 100% sure we were ok.

Photobucket
  • Thanks everyone - it's comforting knowing this happens to other people, and I did put a call in to the doc. Waiting for the call back, but your responses kept me from going totally berserk this morning! 
  • I would call, from personal experience. :) Could be nothing, but could be a very early indication of fetal problems. Best to check -- doc won't mind.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes, call, if nothing else it will make you feel better.
  • Call for your own peace of mind.

I had some similar spotting at 9 weeks and they told me to come in. When I got there it turned to a full on gush for several minutes, but fortunately everything turned out okay. I was SO glad though that I was already at the hospital when that happened and not at home.

Also, if you're Rh negative, you might need a Rhogam shot depending on the amount of spotting/bleeding. Better to be safe than sorry.

• i would call, if you have any cramps along with it. but for the most part, a little bleeding is normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"