May 2011 Moms

Any May girls workout??

I spin 2-3 times a week and do muscle work a couple days a week.  I think I will be lowering the weight amt that I am lifting, but I want to keep doing it as long as I can.  I know I can spin for most of my pregnancy (my spin instructor taught classes until she was due!).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any May girls workout??

• I used to!  But i've been too tired now that I'm pregnant, especially with working, studying and coaching!  Hoping to get my energy back soon!!!
  • I'm trying to walk. I am going to try to walk 2miles everyday, with the hopes that I actually do it 3-4 times per week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! I work with a trainer and then on my own the rest of the week. I try to do 5 times a day.

I've cut back on my cardio a bit and cancelled with my trainer until I get specific guidelines from my doctor about heart rate and exertion and all that.

• I lift and run after a 23 lb, walking 9 month old.  That's the only workout I can get in with everything I have.  Embarrassed
  • yup, a lot. I do circuit training and I run. I have been doing my circuits, just lowered the intesity a bit because my body gave me some signals that i was at max. Also, I have decreased the running due an upset stomach and exchaustion. I am going to continue to do as much as I can. I worked out during my first pregnancy and all was good.

listen to your body and hydrate and you will be fine.

i am hoping to get some prenatal dvds to add in for fun.

• I do and I plan on continuing.  I run a couple days a week right now, but I'll switch over to the gym when it gets cold.  Last time I had to reduce weights later on and switch to swimming at about 8 months.

ETA: Last time my doctor was fine with all of that, including riding a century when I was 3 months and skiing until I was 6 months along (just no bumps or jumps).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• OMG! I didn't know you were over here! Yay!!

I have been trying to walk (I used to run) but I am just TOO tired!!! I am going to sign up for curves ( I hope) next week, because I can do at least 30 minutes can't I??

• I have a personal trainer two days a week (one day lower body, one upper) and I usually walk two to three other days (walk/run intervals) usually 3-5 miles. Its been harder, but I am doing alright with it. My trainer obviously knows that I am pregnant, so he has done a great job of kicking my butt and not killing me
  • I've been overweight my whole life and had Lap-Band surgery when I was 32. I'm now 37 and have been married 3 months, working out with a trainer 3x/week (plus cardio) and am pregnant for the first time! I'm a little nervous about gaining too much weight but more than anything I just want to have strong muscles to be able to handle things smoothly. The trainer and dietician at my gym are helping a lot. I'm glad I got going with that before we conceived. 

• I do.  My h and I try and hit the gym 3-5 times a week and plan on keeping up with that as long as I can.  The midwife told me today that I have to keep my heartrate under 120 though and that's going to be rough for me.
  • My Dr. said that working out is ok as long as you listen to your bodies queues and quit when your body says to quit. Also, she said to not do anything too strenuous. She suggested things like cycling, walking, swimming etc.
    ~Jessica~ "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away" ~Uknown "You don't marry the person you can live with...you marry the person you can't live without." ~Uknown
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    An angel opened the book of life and wrote down my baby's birth, Then she whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth." ~Unknown We lost our "Squishy" to a m/c on 10/06/2010. He/she went to heaven with my Dad and our Heavenly Father.
  • imagealist:

I've been overweight my whole life and had Lap-Band surgery when I was 32. I'm now 37 and have been married 3 months, working out with a trainer 3x/week (plus cardio) and am pregnant for the first time! I'm a little nervous about gaining too much weight but more than anything I just want to have strong muscles to be able to handle things smoothly. The trainer and dietician at my gym are helping a lot. I'm glad I got going with that before we conceived. 

I am interested in hearing about the lap band surgery. PM me please :)

~Jessica~ "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away" ~Uknown "You don't marry the person you can live with...you marry the person you can't live without." ~Uknown
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    An angel opened the book of life and wrote down my baby's birth, Then she whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth." ~Unknown We lost our "Squishy" to a m/c on 10/06/2010. He/she went to heaven with my Dad and our Heavenly Father.
  • I picked up running after having my first and I do not plan on giving it up. I am currently training for a 5K and alternating between 1 mile runs and 3 mile runs. 

I am currently shopping for midwives and one of my questions is about running. If she says no, she is a no. If I can't run everyone in the family will suffer, trust me. 

• I was running before my bfp, but since I found out, I've only walked and even that has slowed down since I got m/s. I'm hoping to slowly add stuff back in the next few weeks and buy some prenatal dvds. I think I'll feel better about getting back into things after my u/s.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • yes.just going to the gym and doing the circuit and some cardio..even though I know I can do ab exercises, I feel so weird doing them now so I have really limited those:(
    So excited for our little blessing:)
  • DH and I were going to the gym periodically before I started getting so tired. I used to do 30min-1hr on the elliptical. However, I went on Sunday because I had an energy boost and only did 20 minutes and Monday I was so tired and my uterus felt swollen and even sitting was really uncomfortable. Today when I woke up I was fine. I'm afraid I might have overdone it so I am laying low until I can talk to by doctor about it. I think it will just be treadmill for me for the next 9 months. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • Just got back from yoga! I guess I'll have to switch to prenatal in second tri.

I also lift (and plan to continue, and don't want to cut back until I need to), walk (I kept meaning to get into running, but it didn't quite happen), and swim. I really want to keep active.

• I run about 35 miles a week, do circuit training with weights, yoga, and some fitness classes (like kickboxing and ultimate conditioning).  My heart rate has the capacity to get pretty high while working out and fall very quickly with cool down. 

Because I have an established exercise routine and a typically high HR while working out, my Dr told me to keep working out (just at about 85% of my norm now).  She also said not to go by a HR (like keep it under 140 beats per minute), but to slow down or rest when I am not able to talk.  She asked that all working out be at a level where I could still get out the Pledge. 

I don't mind the weight gain, but I cannot live without working out.  I am a little concerned about lifting weights though.  Haven't done that yet since I found out.  I don't know why I'm hesitant. 

• I am just doing the bike and walking a lot.  I have have to walk and take a shuttle to work while is about 1.5 miles away so I have been walking instead.  I am up so early anyway that I do not really have to adjust the time too much. 
  • I try to go to the gym 3x/week. I mainly do circuit training and weights. With DD, I worked out up to 38 weeks and then I had sciatica :( Hoping to do the same this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep I do :) It's my job...no really, it is lol!
  • I had been doing Zumba about twice a week since about April.  I haven't gone for the past few weeks.  Not sure if I should keep going and just tone it down some (one instructor really gives a hard workout) or wait until I see the doctor-but thats not for a month!  Any advice?

• I definitely recommend continuing a routine as much as you can (of course listening to your body). I stopped working out when I was pregnant with my son (because of fear of having an early miscarriage which I had before him) and it took me a lot longer to bounce back. I had been in the middle of training for a marathon when I found out I was pregnant and my doctor actually said it was okay to keep training. But, exhaustion has set in and I am going to do a half instead.

In any case, I have found that working out every day (even if its a quick 30 mins) has helped me to feel less sick to my stomach and have more energy. I agree that you might need to go down in weights since you might feel less strong. But, again, listen to your body.

• I do Yoga occasionally, and sometimes I'm motivated enough to throw in a cardio DVD but lately I haven't been working out more than my usual day to day life which consists of hauling around hay bales and feed bags, chasing down a loose chicken here and there, running around with the dog, turning the manure pile, gardening, etc.  I only workout to counter my love of butter and raw milk :-)

I figure once I know for sure I'll probably take hour long walks on my treadmill and go swimming a few times a week.  I probably even commit to prenatal yoga :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"