Trying to Get Pregnant

Interesting Name

A while ago there was a post on here about the different names that the ladies of this board have heard. Well, today I heard a new one and I must say it is a first. My BIL's best friend just had a baby about six weeks ago and she named him Harlem. That is a first for me I must say. Also, I have run into the name Jovonnie for a boy. Ick!

~TTC since July 2010~
CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
HSG-Clear 
SA:Low Morph 
IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage

Re: Interesting Name

• A girl I know had her baby last week and named him Fox. Really? Are Bear and Squirrel coming out soon?
  • Ick! I'm w/you Mrs. Fox is no good at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsCoddington:
    A girl I know had her baby last week and named him Fox. Really? Are Bear and Squirrel coming out soon?

Haha. Maybe she liked the show Passions when it was on. I think there was a Fox on their.

~TTC since July 2010~
    HSG-Clear 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!

imageimage
  • image**Papps**:
    I've actually heard of Harlem before.... while its NMS, I don't think horrible. I can't remember if it was for a boy or a girl though lol You can't get worse then Apple. 

Yeah, Apple is pretty bad, though I really hate Rumer too.

• image**Papps**:
    I've actually heard of Harlem before.... while its NMS, I don't think horrible. I can't remember if it was for a boy or a girl though lol You can't get worse then Apple. 

How about Android? Wink

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Rumer and Android are new ones to me. Maybe the idea is you pick a theme and run with it each time you have a kid. If you have an Apple, I would think you must have a Pear, Peach, and Kiwi. However, the names may not be my style, but whatever floats your boat.

My stepmom's sister works at a hospital in the middle of an inner city and a woman came in, had her baby, and when she met her she saw that they had already named her baby. When they tried to explain to her that no they did not, she replied that they did. The nurses named her Fe-male' (picture female with a french twist like on a Christmas story and Fra-gile').

To each their own.

~TTC since July 2010~
    HSG-Clear 

imageimage
  • imagepinkmickey24:

Rumer and Android are new ones to me. Maybe the idea is you pick a theme and run with it each time you have a kid. If you have an Apple, I would think you must have a Pear, Peach, and Kiwi. However, the names may not be my style, but whatever floats your boat.

My stepmom's sister works at a hospital in the middle of an inner city and a woman came in, had her baby, and when she met her she saw that they had already named her baby. When they tried to explain to her that no they did not, she replied that they did. The nurses named her Fe-male' (picture female with a french twist like on a Christmas story and Fra-gile').

To each their own.

Oh gosh, I hope Android is not really going to be used as a name for children. I was just kidding, making it compete with "Apple" Wink

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• image**Papps**:
    imageRicola:

image**Papps**:

How about Android? Wink

No feakin way? As in NOT a nickname? 

Ha, that would be awesome. But I hope it doesn't come that far, I was not serious!Stick out tongue

But have you heard of the parents (in China?) that named their kid @? Like the @ sign? That's crazy!

In Germany the government has to agree to the name, before you can make it official. It's a law that rules out crazy names and is supposed to protect the children from being made fun of in later years. I like that more and more when I hear some of the names babies have these days.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• A couple summers ago there was a family in Australia that named their baby Fruit of My Loins. Needless to say the government stepped in on this one and forced them to change the baby's name. I am not sure what they changed it to.

When I was student teaching there was a kid whose first name was a country and their middle name was Earth.

~TTC since July 2010~
    HSG-Clear 

imageimage
  • imagepinkmickey24:

A couple summers ago there was a family in Australia that named their baby Fruit of My Loins. Needless to say the government stepped in on this one and forced them to change the baby's name. I am not sure what they changed it to.

When I was student teaching there was a kid whose first name was a country and their middle name was Earth.

OMFG! I'm glad the government stepped in. That is just not normal!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• One first grade classroom I subbed in, there was a set of twins named Zoe (girl) and Blu (boy). Cute names, and they were awesome kids :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to work with kids and a woman who had twin boys at our facility named them after her fave foods when she was pregnant: oranjalo and limjalo. Orange jello and lime jello. No joke. Someone should have stepped in.
  • imageMrsCoddington:
    I used to work with kids and a woman who had twin boys at our facility named them after her fave foods when she was pregnant: oranjalo and limjalo. Orange jello and lime jello. No joke. Someone should have stepped in.

Poor kids, but I have to admit I chuckled when I heard read these names.

~TTC since July 2010~
    HSG-Clear 

imageimage
  • MH's cousin and his gf had a baby recently...and named him Dylan, cute. But, his middle name is Danger. Dylan Danger. I can't even say it without cringing or laughing...they wanted him to be able to say "Danger is my middle name". Terrible.

Edited for spelling

• imageparker163:

MH's cousin and his gf had a baby recently...and named him Dylan, cute. But, his middle name is Danger. Dylan Danger. I can't even say it without cringing or laughing...they wanted him to be able to say "Danger is my middle name". Terrible.

Edited for spelling

That is hilarious! Watch him grow up to be some nerd on the chess team who would never in his life say "danger is my middle name"! 

• imageparker163:

MH's cousin and his gf had a baby recently...and named him Dylan, cute. But, his middle name is Danger. Dylan Danger. I can't even say it without cringing or laughing...they wanted him to be able to say "Danger is my middle name". Terrible.

Edited for spelling

OMG, that's awesome.  That kid has got an automatic pick up line in about 20 years at the bar.  Danger is so much better than my H's middle name of Elwood.  Barf.  He never got any girls with the line "My middle name is Elwood."    

But yeah, I could never actually give my kid the middle name of Danger

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • imagepinkmickey24:

imageMrsCoddington:
    A girl I know had her baby last week and named him Fox. Really? Are Bear and Squirrel coming out soon?

Haha. Maybe she liked the show Passions when it was on. I think there was a Fox on their.

Or the X-Files, Fox Mulder!

• imageMrsCoddington:
    I used to work with kids and a woman who had twin boys at our facility named them after her fave foods when she was pregnant: oranjalo and limjalo. Orange jello and lime jello. No joke. Someone should have stepped in.

I have a coworker whos husband is a fireman in L.A. and he came across twins named Orangejello (pronounced Oranjello) and Lemonjello (pronounced lamahnjello)

• imageparker163:

Edited for spelling

My cousin's middle name is Case. His first name is Justin. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • A friend's Brother and SIL named their daughter Baobab. WTF?!  Bao like Scott Bao and Bab like Babs Bunny.  Baobab...it's just mean.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I subbed for a class last year where one of the girls was named Heavenlei Angel (last name).  Not nearly as bad as Justin Case (last name) or Orangejello, but still. Huh?
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • imagecvl105:
    A friend's Brother and SIL named their daughter Baobab. WTF?!  Bao like Scott Bao and Bab like Babs Bunny.  Baobab...it's just mean.

Oh you're right...that is mean :(

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • I worked with a lady who had 3 children, Liberty (girl), Freedom (girl), and Justice (boy).

I also heard from a family friend that a couple had named their son Coy Scout (last name). You think they will make sure he's a boy scout later on?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"