Trying to Get Pregnant

how to tell DH?

What kind of creative ideas do you ladies have for how to tell your hubby all your hard work paid off and you've finally gotten a BFP?

Re: how to tell DH?

• My DH (damn husband this time) is worse than me. He is always right there when I take the test. Hahah, he does not allow me to surprise him. I always take it first thing in the morning and he is home during this time. Booo!
  • My DH is a huge Jets fan (he's at the game now) I bought a cute Jets onsie that I plan to put in a box with the positive test :)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No creative ideas here as DH know before I test.  I'm sure when I get my BFP I will probably run straight back into the bedroom (since I am up before him) and whisper his name while holding the stick right in front of his face...of course being careful not to drip any urine on him in the process!  Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There are alot of posts about this. I have read suggestions like baby shoes next to his, cakes, cards, tshirts, etc. I haven't decided. I will cross that bridge when I get there. DH knows when I am fertile, but I wait a long time to test and so far haven't gotten there without AF showing first. My DH will not be there when I test. I don't want him to be sad too if it is BFN.
    Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will probably do what I did when I found out I was pg with my DD.  I was holding a test, running down the hall, crying, with my pants around my ankles.  

Not really what I had "planned" but I wouldn't change anything about that day :) 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • I really haven't thought about it too much, but I get the feeling he wants to be there when we test.  He'll be happy when we get a BFP, of course, but I think he'd be disappointed if I did it without him!

• I either thought of taking a pic of the pregnancy test (im sure i will take 10 tests to be sure!) and taping it on the DVD knocked up and give it to him wrapped up....or he is a HUGE iowa hawkeye fan so i would get a future hawkeye frame and put a pic of the test in there and surprise him that way.
  • I thought I would have this awesome plan but like with last time It will probably go down like this " do you see a line? I see a line"
  • he'll be there when I test. It will probably go along the lines (haha, lines) of:

"Do you see that?"

"What?"

"A line?"

"I think so."

"Me too."

"HOLY ***." 

TTC #1 since 4/10 Clomid 2/11, tube check= BFP @18dpo (would not pee on anything earlier!) Due 11/14/11! BabyFruit Ticker</a
  • I change my mind every month..lol.  But I just picked up a "I Love My Dad" onesieimage, so maybe I will leave it on his desk or I may upload the pic I have in my siggy with a due date in it, as his background pic, who knows...lol

I am pretty sure I am out this month but if I get a BFP next month (on my bday) I think I may get a little creative and maybe wrap up a gift as if someone else gave it to me and open it up with him, inside I will have the hpt, onesie and maybe a card Big Smile

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• First time I had bought a Gators onesie and set it aside to wrap and give him when I got the BFP...instead I ran out of the bathroom with the test in my hand, completely speechless!

I hope to test this Saturday, which is his BDay, and tell him I have a gift for him...but I am sure I will be a mess again if it is a BFP! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Jason.9.15.07:

I will probably do what I did when I found out I was pg with my DD.  I was holding a test, running down the hall, crying, with my pants around my ankles.   

Seriously, just LOL'd.  That's too funny! I'm picturing myself doing this.. what a vision. :) but I'm sure that's how I will be!

• imageMrs.Jason.9.15.07:

I will probably do what I did when I found out I was pg with my DD.  I was holding a test, running down the hall, crying, with my pants around my ankles.  

Not really what I had "planned" but I wouldn't change anything about that day :) 

This literally made me LOL too. Hilarious!  

Proud to be a nurse-midwife student! Can't wait to graduate Aug 2011!
    Charting since July 2010, TTC #1 since Dec 2010
    BFP 1.21.11 EDD 10.5.11
    My BFP Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • I found a cute picture frame that says "mommy and daddy, doesn't that sound nice?" and I put a note in there that says "we're having a baby!" 

It is wrapped and hidden in our closet for when the time comes.

• imageamberleigh723:
    What kind of creative ideas do you ladies have for how to tell your hubby all your hard work paid off and you've finally gotten a BFP?

Hmm, well personally we have always been together when I've taken tests in the past.  Wouldn't want it any other way.  I can't imagine getting a BFP without him around to share it with, I'd go crazy!  And I want his emotional support/camaraderie if there's a BFN.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I've been thinking about this too.

When I told him I was testing, he made sure to be right there, so, I think in the future, I'll just go in the bathroom and close the door without telling him what's going on. 

I saw something super cute on a website about ideas like this... when going to bed (or wherever) ask for a good-night (or good-bye) kiss and after I get it, tell him that the baby needs one too and point to my tummy.

The fact is that he's so excited about the idea of a baby that he probably won't sleep well that night or would be very distracted at work. Sometimes I think that I should reserve the news for a weekend so that it won't matter. 

• I am going to buy a Univ. of Memphis onesie or booties or something and I am going to tell him I forgot to give him one of his b-day presents and I just found it in my closet (his b-day was the 10 so I am praying I get my BFP in a day or 2). He will flip out!
  • imagechichick00:
    I either thought of taking a pic of the pregnancy test (im sure i will take 10 tests to be sure!) and taping it on the DVD knocked up and give it to him wrapped up....or he is a HUGE iowa hawkeye fan so i would get a future hawkeye frame and put a pic of the test in there and surprise him that way.

We are too...cute idea!  I saw some onesies the other day that said:
    50% Mommy
    50% Daddy
    100% Hawkeye

Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards