Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Is your husband obsessed with football?

If so, how do you deal?  He would happily hold our son while watching the game, and give me a small amount of time to do something, but I watch our son because I don't want him just sitting there and passively watching tv.  I feel bad asking my H not to watch it, especially after he has a long week at work.

Re: Is your husband obsessed with football?

• No, but I am. Do you guys have DVR? I play with DS on the mat, pause when I need to do something, and do most of my watching during naps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What's wrong with watching football?  Your H could probably play with your LO on the floor while watching the game. Aubrey had some tummy time and played in her swing while the broncos played yesterday...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is obsessed with hockey.  He is looking forward to watching games with our daughter, and I'll let him watch some with her :)  He wants to instill the hockey pride early I guess hahaha
  • imagemeangene:
    What's wrong with watching football?  Your H could probably play with your LO on the floor while watching the game. Aubrey had some tummy time and played in her swing while the broncos played yesterday...

This.

• no. and thank dog. its so annoying when i read FB statuses about football widows.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• He is but he doesn't like the local team.  We're not allowed to have a satellite dish so he doesn't get to watch many of his team's games.  He does have football on all day on Sundays but as long as it isn't his team he'll do other stuff and even shut it off to do errands if he has to :-p 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imagedvroxy:

imagemeangene:
    What's wrong with watching football?  Your H could probably play with your LO on the floor while watching the game. Aubrey had some tummy time and played in her swing while the broncos played yesterday...

This.

Yep.  And I'm the one into football in our house.  There's usually only one game I'm interested in being broadcast so it's not an all day thing, but I just play with her on my lap or the floor facing away from the TV.  My sis and I grew up watching it, once she's old enough I don't see the harm in making it a small part of family time.

rubia - I need to open every post you respond to, that siggy is making me drool! lol.  I can't get over it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageWildcatPrincess:
    imagedvroxy:

imagemeangene:

This.

Yep.  And I'm the one into football in our house.  There's usually only one game I'm interested in being broadcast so it's not an all day thing, but I just play with her on my lap or the floor facing away from the TV.  My sis and I grew up watching it, once she's old enough I don't see the harm in making it a small part of family time.

rubia - I need to open every post you respond to, that siggy is making me drool! lol.  I can't get over it.

Haha, I did good finding those pics! Glad you're enjoying themI have to scroll to the bottom of all of my posts too for that reason :oX 

• We both are, but he's definitely worse. He gets so wound up. I've threatened to drug him before kickoff, lol.  Seriously, though, I did tell him this year if he starts yelling at the tv I will turn it off or take the girls and leave.  It gets on my nerves way too bad and they don't really need to see their daddy being an asshat over a game.
  • Yes! I totally understand what you are saying. I dont want my baby watching tv either. I just take her out and do other things and he usually wants to come.  I would otherwise put her in the pack n play with toys for a bit or take her with me to run errands.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH loves football and I have come to terms with the fact that it is just something he loves, and he uses it to unwind. It is relaxing for him, and I would feel pretty bad if I tried to take that away from him.

I let DS watch with him yesterday, but only for a half hour or so...and he was mostly rolling around on the floor with his toys, anyways.

• OMG! Thanks an understatement. When he gets home from work it's expected so I craft, bake, read, play with LO, give her a bath, take the dog for a walk etc.
  • Yes and I am a little too. We just make it Sunday Family football day. The boys have so much fun. We just all spend it together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"