Babies: 0 - 3 Months

6 week maternity leave ?

Does anyone else have to return to work after only 6 weeks? Based on all the posts on here, it seems most people don't have to return to work until their LO is at least 2 months old. I hate that I have to return so soon...anyone else in the same boat??

Sad 

Re: 6 week maternity leave ?

• I am not going back to work I would have to be back at 6 weeks, which I think it's too little. Thank God DH and I worked out a way so I can stay home... I am sorry you have to go back so soon... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm already back at work after only 6 weeks maternity leave.  It was bad but tolerable.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm at work right now! I had only planned on taking 4 weeks off but ended up taking 7. It's still really hard leaving him every morning but he's with DH so that makes me feel better. Plus, the bills don't care that I'd rather be with LO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FMLA allows fir up to 12 weeks if the place you work qualifies. They have to have x amt of employees and u have to have worked so many hrs in a yr period. If they don't qualify under FMLA u may have to return at 6 weeks. My dr released me back to work at 6 weeks pp, but I had FMLA. Then I quit a week before I was supposed to go back. Lol
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Crying I'm very sad to I have to return to work on Monday the 20th and I am not looking forward to it at all. I'm just trying to spending all my time with her,, playing with her, kissing her, etc. I don't know what to do I feel so bad.
  • imagekaratechrissy:
    FMLA allows fir up to 12 weeks if the place you work qualifies. They have to have x amt of employees and u have to have worked so many hrs in a yr period. If they don't qualify under FMLA u may have to return at 6 weeks. My dr released me back to work at 6 weeks pp, but I had FMLA. Then I quit a week before I was supposed to go back. Lol

Yep, I work in a dental office and there are only 17 employees = no FMLA. It kinda disgusts me that people who work for small businesses only get HALF of the maternity leave that FMLA allows. Booooohiss.

Stupid bills.

• imageshimmerchik:

imagekaratechrissy:
    FMLA allows fir up to 12 weeks if the place you work qualifies. They have to have x amt of employees and u have to have worked so many hrs in a yr period. If they don't qualify under FMLA u may have to return at 6 weeks. My dr released me back to work at 6 weeks pp, but I had FMLA. Then I quit a week before I was supposed to go back. Lol

Yep, I work in a dental office and there are only 17 employees = no FMLA. It kinda disgusts me that people who work for small businesses only get HALF of the maternity leave that FMLA allows. Booooohiss.

Stupid bills.

true, but don't forget FMLA doesn't mean you necessarily get PAID maternity leave.  Many people can't afford to take any unpaid time off.  For me, 12 weeks unpaid leave would be useless.  Thankfully though I work for a very small firm, my boss gave me 6 weeks paid.  6 weeks paid for me is way better than 12 weeks unpaid. 

I think you can file for short term disability while on ML if you are covered under FMLA, but it's only for places w/50 + employees.

I wish we ALL just automatically got 12 weeks PAID ML.  :(

• I am in the same boat, today was my first day back after only six weeks leave.  I could have gone to eight weeks but the last two weeks would be without pay...which these days not many can afford to do.  It definately went by way to fast and was hard saying goodbye to my lil one this morning.
  • I am only able to take 7 weeks off.. Luckily I work from home so I will still be there with LO. I definately envy the ladies that are able to take several months off from work!
  • I went back after 6 weeks and I'm not going to lie, it was really hard!  My heart still hurts some days, but it has gotten better with time. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll be going back to work when my LO is not quite 6 weeks old.

I am only taking 1 month off, but I am a teacher, and had her 2 weeks before school started. I'm not ready to go back next week! AAHH!

• Today is my 2nd day back. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but to be honest I think leaving your LO will be hard no matter if you go back to work at 6 weeks or 12 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went back at 7 weeks pp!  I was only going to get paid 6 weeks std and 1 week parental leave from my company so I had no choice.  If I had extra sick leave or vacation I could have used it but I didn't!  I went back last Wednesday and it has not been too terrible but LO is staying with family (and one close friend one day a week) while my SO and I are working. Also the way pur work schedules fall she is only away from us like 6 hours the days she is in care (except for Saturdays when we both work the exact same shift). It was hard but we depend on my check.

One nice thing about going back is I was thinking LO would need daycare so I talked ot my pedi and their office is okay with doing 2 mo shots anywhere from 6-8 weeks of age. I got my LO vaccinated at 6 weeks so if she did go to daycare or was around other children (which she is 2 days a week) she would be protected.

GL

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"