1st Trimester

Anyone have experience with Prometrium?

(its progesterone)

I was just put on this as of Friday, and I swear it is making me feel horrible! The side effects are the exact same as m/s, which is making my actual m/s so much worse. I have to be on it for 6 wks. Just looking for any insight from those who may have used this medication. Thanks.

Re: Anyone have experience with Prometrium?

• Wow, thanks for the ends up on that. I will make sure DH is aware, lol. I just hope this med does the trick, and we finally get our sticky baby. Thanks Smile
  • sorry, no words of wisdom.  i am on prometrium now and was also for DS.  my only s/e was the nasty leakage.  hopefully you don't feel to badly on them, and luckily it's only for 6 more weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on prometrium since 2 days after my last injections of Ovidrel, which makes you ovulate, i am now happily 8 weeks pregnant.  I have been one it since august 3rd.  So about six weeks and i will taking my last one tomorrow. 

I didnt really have any symptoms, but i guess looking back i would say bad mood swings and depression, like others mentioned but didn't realize it until i read the respondes.  

It helped me get pregnant so i would recommend it, its all worth it in the end.

Good Luck!

• HERE! Ya I had wicked M/S. I lost 7lbs in a about a month. I had MW rx me Zofran...It was heaven

EDT: I took the pill form...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the info ladies. I really appreciate it.
  • with my first I was on the pill form and had awful m/s. Nothing helped not zofran or anything. I was so miserable my whole pg. I'm not sure all of it was due to the zofran as i had m/s even after I came off it but it wasn't as bad once I was off it.

with my second and now with this one I'm on progesterone suppositories which I'm having no side effects from really. I'm seeing a different dr. than I saw with my first and he said he prefers the progesterone suppositories over oral prometrium b/c of the side effects

T&P for a sticky baby and hope you feel better soon.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I attribute my EXTREME grouchiness to it! :) I just asked friends to please forgive me! :)
  • dizziness at times when the dose changes.  now i am on 2 pills/twice a day.  Seems to work itself out after the body got used to it.   Took it with daughter too.  Side effectts similar to general pregnancy stuff (i believe).
  • I am on the compounded progesterone suppositories (made by the pharmacy), and the discharge isn't nice, but the side effects aren't bad. I never had bad M/S, and at this point, I feel great!

I compare this to when I was on Prometrium and some other name brand suppository (can't remember the name), both of which made me very depressed.

Can your doc switch you to another kind? Perhaps the compounded ones?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"