1st Trimester

Toothbrush Gag

I used to always gag when I brushed my teeth... but now I feel like I am actually going to vomit... and now just the thought of it makes me feel sick. I haven't actually thrown up yet or really had any m/s... A bit of nausea when I eat in the morning... but no puke yet (crossing my fingers for none!). Anyone else having toothbrush gag issues? :)

Re: Toothbrush Gag

• OMG yes! As I put the toothpaste on the brush I start gagging just thinking of sticking it in my mouth, and continue gagging for 5 min afterwards. No vomit yet either, and no real m/s.

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• I just know I'm jinxing myself by posting, but...

The only times I've felt nauseated is when taking my vitamin and brushing my teeth.  Hope you feel better and avoid m/s for as long as possible.

::fingers crossed while knocking on wood::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have started this over the last week.  I gag the whole time I am brushing my teeth, but havent puked yet.  No real ms either.
  • In a booklet my dr gave me it stated maybe try tom natural toothpaste.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My DH laughs everytime I brush my teeth- I gagged every time with DD and it's back this time around (I even vomited once with DD). I found that this time around the cheap Oral B electric isn't as bad as the manual so it might be something you can try.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My problem is a little different. I gag when I see a toothbrush left on the sink. DH MUST put his toothbrush in the medicine cabinet before I get up because if I see it, I gag for like 5 minutes. Weird...
  • Lol, funny you should mention this when I've been battling the same issue.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebikernun:
    Lol, funny you should mention this when I've been battling the same issue.

ME TOO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brushing my teeth always triggered any actual puking I had. What I eventually found that helped me was to eat something first, wait around 15-20 minutes, and then brush my teeth. If I started off the day brushing my teeth first thing, I'd always puke.
  • imagestarlily313:
    Brushing my teeth always triggered any actual puking I had. What I eventually found that helped me was to eat something first, wait around 15-20 minutes, and then brush my teeth. If I started off the day brushing my teeth first thing, I'd always puke.

I ended up doing something like this.  For first thing in the morning, I use those Wisp things that you can get on the toothpaste aisle.  They have been a real life saver.  Then I eat, and then I brush my teeth.  I can not eat with first morning taste in my mouth, and I can't brush my teeth first thing either.  Even now, if I do not do it this way, the toilet and I will have a date. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Me!  It is a challenge to try and brush all my teeth before the gagging starts. 
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I still have this, but I've found that switching toothpastes was a huge help. I still gag, but it's not as bad. I had Colgate before, and now have one of thsse Crest Expressions ones in mint. It tastes LOADS better to me (not that the other was bad) and I can handles it better.

Brushing my tongue is a sure-fire way to induce vomit, though. I have to swish it around and hope it's passable by DH!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I am totally having the same problem!  I have not had any m/s but every time I brush my teeth I wanna hurl.  I came so close to it today.  I don't think it's my toothpaste though.  It comes when I brush my back teeth and especially my tongue.  I'm going to try my electric toothbrush and see if that helps.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • imageKbelle24:
    I am totally having the same problem!  I have not had any m/s but every time I brush my teeth I wanna hurl.  I came so close to it today.  I don't think it's my toothpaste though.  It comes when I brush my back teeth and especially my tongue.  I'm going to try my electric toothbrush and see if that helps.

This exactly - Just started 2 days ago and kind of surprised me.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• This happened to me for the 1st time on Tuesday as I was getting ready for work. Now, I'm scared to brush my teeth Sad
    Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • I've never really had a gag reflex, but now I gag everytime I brush my teeth!  Weird!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"