1st Trimester

Any cures for some nausea?

I am  teacher, of course back to school this week and have just started to feel the nausea. (not vomiting).. yet .... i hope not to... It seems to happen in am and then around dinner time.  Any advice would be great!  thanks so much!

Re: Any cures for some nausea?

• Last time around I found that constant snacking helped.  Some find sour candy helpful also.
    imageimage

• Peppermints and jolly ranchers seem to work really well for me this time.  Last time it was constant snacking.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sea bands really helped mine, I had heard of them but never thought they would actually work.  So I tried them and they did, I wish I had of tried them earlier.
  • imagePiggyBride:
    Sea bands really helped mine, I had heard of them but never thought they would actually work.  So I tried them and they did, I wish I had of tried them earlier.

THIS! I wear them everyday!  I start using them around 5pm b/c my nausea starts around 7 or 8pm and they are like miracle workers!!

I would highly suggest the sea bands, you can get them at Walgreen's or CVS.

Also small meals! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• I was given a prescription called zofran and it works wonders for the most part. I still get nausea early in the morning but no where near as bad as before I started taking it.
  • red and white starlight mints!

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Try Ginger Ale, with real ginger in it.  Canada Dry is great.
  • Ginger ale, jolly ranchers, and small meals and constant snacking.

I also found that when I wake up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night (usually around 1-2) I eat a granola bar and drink a glass of milk.  This way I don't wake up with an empty stomach and this has helped a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like all-natural Ginger Ale (like Reed's) and cheerios.
  • I am teacher too!  I have felt horrible everyday!  I am lucky I have a supportive director (charter school), but I am home today on MD orders.  I have had some luck with 12.5mg of Unisom and 25mg vitamin B6, but now I am home on phenergan still feeling awful.  Good luck to you!  Teaching is tough during the first trimester!
  • image6fsn:
    Peppermints and jolly ranchers seem to work really well for me this time.  Last time it was constant snacking.

This. Get a huge bag of jolly ranchers. It will definitely help!

Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Seabands help me a lot. They look a little silly, but they're awesome.

Also, sweet tarts! 

• Thanks for the great advice! I will go to the store tomorrow and stock up on some of these things.. I am super tired today, but that is b/c I started school and they come in so helpless... It was a long day! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"