3rd Trimester

Question about baby dropping...

So I went to the dr. yesterday and found out that my achy pelvis and extreme back pain is due to the baby starting to drop. I was reading another post yesterday about babies dropping and a few ladies who are closer to the end said that they still haven't dropped. My question is, do all babies drop or no? Or do some start dropping sooner than others?

Also, with the baby starting to drop, I know it doesnt mean much now (which is good, he needs to stay in) but does this indicate anything for later on? (that I will go into labor on my own or anything?)

Thanks!

Re: Question about baby dropping...

• Not all babies drop. Me and my sister never dropped and my mom went into labor.  She had to have c-sections.  The umbilical cord was wrapped around our necks that is why we didn't drop.
  • I dropped 3 weeks ago, and still no sign of baby coming.  But, you could physically see and tell that she had dropped.  People were commenting on it because I was carrying my baby so high before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I guess I just thought that all babies dropped until I read that post yesterday!
  • My baby started to drop last Thursday. When I saw my doc on Friday, she confirmed that the "issues" I was experiencing were because he is/was dropping (swelling, achy pelvis and back, etc.). She told me that it's not an OWT but it is not 100% either but babies generally come about 4 weeks after they drop (if they drop)!!! We'll see...but like everything else, everyone is different!
  • I am confused on this whole dropping thing too.  I look like I'm carrying lower in recent weeks, and at my last appt on the 13th the dr. said he must have dropped b/c I was measuring a little smaller than I had been, but his head is still really high.  I thought if they dropped their head dropped too?  I don't know.
  • I started dropping 2 weeks ago, and last week I really dropped! I could tell when I was trying to bend over and the back pain has gotten worse. I am having a boy this time, but I don't remember dropping with my first (girl).
  • BabyKJ - I hope you're right about the OWT.  I dropped this week and I'm so ready to have this baby.  I like the idea of him coming in 4 weeks!
  • Still no signs of dropping for me!  In my case I would hope the OWT would be wrong!

• I have all the signs of the baby dropping (going to the bathroom even more, achy lower back, tonnes of pelvic pressure), but I can't see a difference physically. 
  • Well I thought I had dropped, but when I went to the doc she said I hadn't and that baby boy was still way up there. ?I am estimated to have a bigger baby, and she said that sometimes with big babies, their is so much fluid around them that they can't drop into the pelvis. ?GREAT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"