1st Trimester
Options

Food aversions to almost everything

So I was doing pretty good with the nausea the first couple of weeks, but in just this last week it crept up and now I am queasy pretty much all day long.  I'm not actually getting sick, just feel icky and can barely stand the thought of any food except carbs or sugars like fruit.  It's frustrating because I'm trying to eat veggies and can barely stomach those now, too.  I've tried ginger, preggie pops, B-natal B6, nothing really helps.  Any other suggestions that people have found really helpful?

Re: Food aversions to almost everything

• Options
    watermelon can help with minor nausea
  • Options

Go with your gut. Eat what seems the least disgusting.

Then again, this is coming from someone that has been surviving on frozen pizza and cheerios. Just this week I started eating veggies again.

I wish you luck. Food and first trimester are not friends.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't heard about watermelon.  I'll give that a try, thanks!
  • Options
    I just eat the carbs Smile Otherwise, it's mac 'n' cheese, soft pretzels and cheese, or pretty much anything else with cheese.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For me, I just sit down and think about every food, whatever food that I can think about without wanting to puke, I eat.

Lately it's been mac and cheese and grapes. And chips and salsa? So weird.

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • Options

I'm eating nothing but carrots, fruit, baked potato chips and cheerios.

Eat what you can!

• Options
    I just eat carbs and snack on pretzels all day, which seems to help. Try your best to stay very hydrated. My m/s was the worse in week 7, so hopefully yours will get a little better after this week too.
  • Options
    I had the same problem. I found that rice, potatoes, and sauteed string beans were easily kept down...but everyone is different.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejodyrm:

For me, I just sit down and think about every food, whatever food that I can think about without wanting to puke, I eat.

Lately it's been mac and cheese and grapes. And chips and salsa? So weird.

Chips and salsa, yes. And it's also a great way to get some veggies (use the chunky salsa with tomatoes, onions, and cilantro).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

i eat what i feel like i can stomach. if i can't stomach it...i don't eat it.

i don't have specific food ideas, but i do know that carbs work for me! (even though i try to do few carbs :( oh well)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"