Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Shower ? tacky or OK

I'm throwing my sister's shower.  It is going to be low key on a Sunday afternoon.  Would it be tacky to have it partially catered by corner bakery or panera bread?   I was thinking this kind of menu:

make - spinach artichoke dip and a bean dip - both served with tortilla chips

make - crab soup

order - bread bowls, sandwhich tray and tossed salad

We are purchasing a cake as well. 

WDYT?  Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower ? tacky or OK

• I don't think that's tacky at all.
  • Not at all IMO!  and sounds DELISH- can I come??  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it would be tacky.  My shower was partially catered and my family made other dishes.  I say go for it =)
  • not tacky at all
  • That sounds yummy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't think that is tacky at all.  Sounds great, everyone I know loves Panera!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not tacky at all. It does sound delicious.
  • not tacky at all!! yum
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds better than the shower I just attended a few weeks ago - it was at a golf "country" club (I think country stood for country bumpkin!).  They had salad (like out of the bag w/o much added to it), pita roll ups that were soggy, and soup.  Um yeah, it was August and the a/c wasn't working in the room, felt like 110 degrees in there, I think I'll pass on the soup! Ick!
  • imageToBeMrsC6907:
    Not at all IMO!  and sounds DELISH- can I come??  ;)

This.

• Why would it be Tacky to now hand make all the food? sounds like a great idea to me and who dosen't love panera?
  • imagemackislandbride:
    Sounds better than the shower I just attended a few weeks ago - it was at a golf "country" club (I think country stood for country bumpkin!).  They had salad (like out of the bag w/o much added to it), pita roll ups that were soggy, and soup.  Um yeah, it was August and the a/c wasn't working in the room, felt like 110 degrees in there, I think I'll pass on the soup! Ick!

Yes, soup when it is hot can be gross!  Her shower is in Nov. so I thought it would be a good way to warm up. 

• Sounds like a great idea to me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• In what bassackward kind of place would this be tacky?
  • image7*7*7bride:

imagemackislandbride:
    Sounds better than the shower I just attended a few weeks ago - it was at a golf "country" club (I think country stood for country bumpkin!).  They had salad (like out of the bag w/o much added to it), pita roll ups that were soggy, and soup.  Um yeah, it was August and the a/c wasn't working in the room, felt like 110 degrees in there, I think I'll pass on the soup! Ick!

Yes, soup when it is hot can be gross!  Her shower is in Nov. so I thought it would be a good way to warm up. 

Sorry I wasn't referring to your choice of soup!  I just thought the shower I went to was all around tacky. lol.

• Why would that be tacky?  Because you're not cooking all of the food yourself?  I wouldn't even notice, let alone care, about something like that at a shower.  Are showers at restaurants tacky? Because I've been to a million of those.  Maybe I live under a rock, but I don't even understand what the concern would be.
  • imagewellfleet04:
    Why would that be tacky?  Because you're not cooking all of the food yourself?  I wouldn't even notice, let alone care, about something like that at a shower.  Are showers at restaurants tacky? Because I've been to a million of those.  Maybe I live under a rock, but I don't even understand what the concern would be.
    This. Why would that be tacky?
  • I don't think it is tacky at all.  You may want to think about adding another soup though...lots of people don't like crab...I wouldn't eat it.
  • Why do you think it would be tacky?  It sounds delicious.  A lot of people cater out certain items for parties, etc.
  • NOt at all. Yum re the crab soup!
  • I think it sounds perfectly lovely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"