February 2011 Moms

17 weeks and waiting...

Anyone else at this point still waiting to feel the baby? I have been freaking myself out that I haven't felt anything yet.  I'm sure it happens at different stages for everyone but it would be so reassuring to feel SOMETHING!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 17 weeks and waiting...

• I have felt a little around the end of 15 weeks and a couple of times since then but it hasn't been regular. I freak myself out about that.

You may have felt something and chalked it up to gas, I hear that happens a lot at this stage.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes I feel the baby but it is so light that it leaves me wondering if I really felt it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Is this your first baby?  It's mine, and I haven't felt anything yet either, at a little over 16 weeks.  My doctor told me that since it's my first, I probably won't feel any movement til 18-22 weeks.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have felt a lot of movements (and seen my skin pop up when I feel movements!) but my OB said it's my intestines moving around.  He said it's not gas, though.  So is it the baby moving and causing my intestines to move?  I don't get it.  But I wouldn't worry -- apparently I'm not really feeling the baby, either.  I think it's normal.

• I'm almost 19 weeks and I just started feeling little gassy tickles.lol. Just this week.But it's not constant.I wouldn't worry. I was just at the drs monday. She said the same thing...anywhere from 18-22 weeks for a first time pregnancy.You'll feel it soon enough!

• i have thought i felt a little and i think once i did but nothing consistent i don't remember my first pregnancy that much but i know my daughter kicked alot but i don't remember feeling her until 20 weeks and now pregnancy 2 and i am 17 weeks and 6 days and like i said nothing much yet but its ok i have read alot of places it could be all diffrent times so relax everything is ok. and i hope u start feeling something soon!

Stephanie 

• I'm playing the waiting game too. But as everyone has mentioned, if it's your first time you most likely won't feel anything until 18-22. We can count down the days together!

• I'm 16 weeks and still waiting. A lot of 1st timers don't feel it until 20 weeks or later, so don't worry. I hope I get lucky and start feeling it around 18 weeks, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't start happening for a while still. It's common.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I'm heading into 18 wks, and just felt it for the first time last night by accident....I turned over in bed, and my hand fell on top of my stomach.  All of a sudden, I felt three little light pops, almost like bubbles bursting!  Had I not been told by the doctor that these "flutters" feel like popcorn popping, I would have chalked it up to indigestion. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i didnt feel anything with my daughter until 20 weeks...almost 21 weeks.  The placenta was not in the way either.  Its better not to feel them until you can feel them all the time anyway...because I am in a phase where I feel her sometimes and don't feel her other days...which is normal at this point...but it makes me more anxious than not having felt her at all yet.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I just felt it this week and I thought it was WAY too early. It has been consistent for a few days now, so I know it's definitely the baby. My best friend didn't feel it until 24 weeks so I was not prepared to feel it for another month or more. I think there is a huge range and it is not indicative of anything except simply that everyone is different.
  • imageLIVSMAMI908:

i have thought i felt a little and i think once i did but nothing consistent i don't remember my first pregnancy that much but i know my daughter kicked alot but i don't remember feeling her until 20 weeks and now pregnancy 2 and i am 17 weeks and 6 days and like i said nothing much yet but its ok i have read alot of places it could be all diffrent times so relax everything is ok. and i hope u start feeling something soon!

Stephanie 

Holy. Periods are your friend!

Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Fruit Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"