Baby Names

we decided on...

Kai Anthony for a boy and Maddie Brynn for a girl.

Yes, already. lol

What do you think??

Re: we decided on...

• Honestly, not a fan of either. Sorry. Maddie makes me think its short for something... Like Madison or Madaline. Which I like both, but not just Maddie.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • well Maddie is gonna be short for Madison. Anthony's my bf's middle name so he chose that. we may have to reconsider this... lol thanks for your opinions tho!
  • Loading the player...
  • They both are nicknames.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Kai is NMS, neither is Madison, but it's better than giving her a nickname like Maddie as her real name.  I like Anthony because it is your DH's name, so it has significance.  Brynn I like if it also has family ties, if not, ehh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a fan of Kai, but I love Anthony. Madison is bleh (I'm just really over the Madison/Addison craze) and I LOVE Brynn but not with Madison because they're kind of rhymey. What other names do you like and maybe we can give you some other options to think about?
  • If you both like the names, use them.  Who cares what anyone else thinks? 

I have always thought people should name the children what they are going to call them....  Example:  A friend named her daughter Mary Cassandra, they call her Cassie..... I say just name her Cassie if that is what you are going to call her....  Ugh.

• Kai...umm no

Anthony ...yes

Maddie is a cute NN but I hate Madison so bored with it.

Love Brynn

• Love Kai soo much! And your girl name is nice too. If you like them both then go with it.
  • Kai - Yuck

Anthony - Nice

Madison - NMS, but do like Madeline

Brynn - NMS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemagsugar13:

Kai...umm no

Anthony ...yes

Maddie is a cute NN but I hate Madison so bored with it.

Love Brynn

You and I might have to have words Wink

Obviously I love the boy's name!  Girls is NMS personally but that is because I know quite a few.

• imageAmylynn&Aaron:

Kai Anthony for a boy and Maddie Brynn for a girl.

Yes, already. lol

What do you think??

if you really like the names, then use them!

but my opinion is:  kai anthony is alright.  maddie (or madison) is so overused right now.  when she goes to school, shell prbly 1 in 5 madisons in her class alone.  and brynn is a cute name. 

• The boy name is NMS, but interesting, so I'm okay with it.  I hate Madison because I feel like I hear it all the time.
  • Honestly they both are really bad..

Kai for a boy?  It sound like that chinese girl on Nck JR...

Maddie as a first name? Give her a real name and call her it.. Madelyn or Madison.

If I was you I would switch it... Anthony Kai and Brynn Madison orr Maddson Brynn. 

Good thing you have so much time to go back to the drawing board and pick another name and change your mind. 

• I know a Kai in his late 20s and he is adorable and in his 4th year of medical school.
    IUI #1 9/13 with 50 clomid and trigger - bfn.
    Round 2, CD1 9/27 100 clomid days 3-7 - bfp!
    10/23 BFP! Beat #1 34, Beta #2 154
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow...I'm amazed at how rude some people are.

I personally really like Kai. I actually know several boys named Kai. 

I like Brynn also...I wanted to use Brynn if we had a girl, but dh vetoed it. 

Don't let people sway your decision. Stop sharing and go with what you want...this is your child.  

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely not my style.

I really hate Kai, which always seems incomplete and Anthony seems incongruous as a middle name. What about Kyle? Kale?

Maddie is the most common nickname for two extremely common names--Madelyn (which, accounting for the more than three dozen spelling variations is #2 on the charts three years running) and Madison. So will there be another Maddie in her classes? You can bet on it--likely every year for the rest of her life.

Brynn is okay, but I tend to think if you're going to give her a nickname as a given name, her middle name should be longer and more formal so that she would have the option of using it as a professional adult. As someone who has dropped her first name in favor of a middle name, I can assure you it happens, especially when you choose a first name that wont mature well.

• imagetak2002:

Wow...I'm amazed at how rude some people are.

I personally really like Kai. I actually know several boys named Kai. 

I like Brynn also...I wanted to use Brynn if we had a girl, but dh vetoed it. 

Don't let people sway your decision. Stop sharing and go with what you want...this is your child.  

She asked for opinions and got them. 

• imagestrangebird:

Definitely not my style.

I really hate Kai, which always seems incomplete and Anthony seems incongruous as a middle name. What about Kyle? Kale?

Maddie is the most common nickname for two extremely common names--Madelyn (which, accounting for the more than three dozen spelling variations is #2 on the charts three years running) and Madison. So will there be another Maddie in her classes? You can bet on it--likely every year for the rest of her life.

Brynn is okay, but I tend to think if you're going to give her a nickname as a given name, her middle name should be longer and more formal so that she would have the option of using it as a professional adult. As someone who has dropped her first name in favor of a middle name, I can assure you it happens, especially when you choose a first name that wont mature well.

You prefer Kale to Kai?  Yes, son, I named you after a bitter green

• Maddie is way cuter than Madison.  That name is SO overplayed and so trendy.  I strongly dislike that name. 

Visit The Nest!
  • imagerobinsokj:

Yes, yes I do. And the "bitter green" argument is weak, since the names Sage, Apple, Rosemary, Basil, Clementine, Dulce, Peach, Saffron, Cherry, Sherry, Sugar and dozens of other names are also foods and prepared dishes. Kale was a traditional English name (though traditionally spelled Cale) long before it was a common vegetable.

• imagestrangebird:
    imagerobinsokj:

Yes, yes I do. And the "bitter green" argument is weak, since the names Sage, Apple, Rosemary, Basil, Clementine, Dulce, Peach, Saffron, Cherry, Sherry, Sugar and dozens of other names are also foods and prepared dishes. Kale was a traditional English name (though traditionally spelled Cale) long before it was a common vegetable.

Sugar?  You're adding to your argument with the name Sugar?  

I would never, in a million years, ever consider naming any of my kids those names

• Not sure if it was already mentioned, but I believe Maddy Brynn is Jamie Lee Spears's DD's name.
    Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • imagerobinsokj:
    imagestrangebird:
    imagerobinsokj:

Sugar?  You're adding to your argument with the name Sugar?  

I would never, in a million years, ever consider naming any of my kids those names

Hey- back off the strangebird. She didn't say YOU would consider them, but rather that people have chosen these names for their children for years, not worrying about the food connotations.

She also didn't say you had to like Kale- she was merely suggesting it as a simliar-sounding name to Kai. I don't like either of them, but that doesn't mean OP can't use them.

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Oh yea, I forgot about the OP question. :) I like Anthony and I like Madelyn nn Maddie. I also think Brynn is pretty cute. I agree with PP that a girl named Madison is going to be one of many- it's really popular right now.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Kai Anthony is okay...not necessarily my pick (although I do really like Anthony), but it's an actual name, so nothing odd.

Maddie is a pet name/nick name...I think a full form would be better suited to an adult...I mean, how much time do they actually spend as little kids? Madeline, Madeliene, Magdalene...I would even say Madison to give her more options to work with.

Brynn is nms. It's the feminine spelling attempt of the male name, Bryn. And there are a lot of BRI names out there right now.

I would go for something like Kai Anthony and Madeline Brynn (nn Maddie)

ETA: https://www.behindthename.com/php/search.php?nmd=n&terms=Kai

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • thanks for uh, the not so constructive criticizms. maybe ill just name it "thing 1" or twins "thing 1 and thing 2"

• imageAmylynn&Aaron:

thanks for uh, the not so constructive criticizms. maybe ill just name it "thing 1" or twins "thing 1 and thing 2"

Hahahahaha...okay that's funny! And yeah, the thread got a little hijacked. I hope I was able to give you something though.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"