Health & Exercise

What is the 30 day shred?

I keep hearding about it.. what is required, how does it work? Is it a program or a book?

Re: What is the 30 day shred?

• It's a dvd by Jillian Michaels.  It's a 20 minute work out with three different levels of intensity.  It's a combination of cardio, strength, and abs.  I really liked it.  Plus it's only around $10.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • Agree with pp.  Hand weights required and a bit of space to hop around.  It's not a bad workout as a place to start, but if you're looking for bigger results, you'll need to do more than the 6 minutes of cardio it offers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a Jillian Michaels DVD...  I bought it from walmart.com after seeing it mentioned frequently here on the Bump.  I like it so far, but I haven't been doing it consistently so I can't speak about results yet!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • imageHaven1:

Agree with pp.  Hand weights required and a bit of space to hop around.  It's not a bad workout as a place to start, but if you're looking for bigger results, you'll need to do more than the 6 minutes of cardio it offers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHaven1:

Agree with pp.  Hand weights required and a bit of space to hop around.  It's not a bad workout as a place to start, but if you're looking for bigger results, you'll need to do more than the 6 minutes of cardio it offers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really liked it.  When I was using it, I always supplemented it with running for extra cardio a few times a week.  It will definitely make you sore and tone your muscles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMiamiMergers:
    I really liked it.  When I was using it, I always supplemented it with running for extra cardio a few times a week.  It will definitely make you sore and tone your muscles!

ditto.  I have always done running on the treadmill or time on the eliptical in addition.  The toning is AWESOME though!

• thank you all! :) i just ordered a DVD - cant wait to try!
  • just completed my 30days and going to start 30 more. I ran as well a couple times a week. It got my heart rate up and sweat pouring off. I didn't notice a huge difference. I'm also going to increase protein the 2nd time around.
  • I just got my BFP.  I did the 30 Day Shred 2 months ago and was about to start back up (actually did one day of Level1) before I got the BFP.  Is it ok you think to keep doing it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"