1st Trimester

Face wash recs

So I am broke out like a greasy teenager. Well, maybe not that bad, but bad enough. Since BFP I have been using Aveeno pure radiance foaming cleanser, which I am not that crazy about. Prior to TTC, I used Philosophy's On a Clear Day wash & retinol cream. Obviously, that is out the window. Last week, when m/s started to subside, the breakouts took over. What are all my newly zit-covered pregnant cohorts using on their pizza faces?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Face wash recs

• This is going to sound like a dumb question-but why did you have to stop using the Philosphy face wash and retinol cream?  I am using a salyclic acne treatment as well as night wrinkle cream....is this something i should not be using?

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am pretty sure that retinol, retin-a, etc. is off limits.

• Loading the player...
  • Cetaphil face wash. It's great.
  • imageMandaS08:

This is going to sound like a dumb question-but why did you have to stop using the Philosphy face wash and retinol cream?  I am using a salyclic acne treatment as well as night wrinkle cream....is this something i should not be using?

You need to check those with your OB.

• Noxzema! I luv this stuff ... been using it for ever! It removes oil and keeps moisture in the skin (most people fighting oil - remove too much which makes the face over produce thus more pizza toppings)! Use the original and put about the size of a quarter in your hand ... run the hot/warm water ... massage into the skin ... then use a washcloth to take off! So simple and refreshing too! (I sound like I work for noxzema! lol) Im sure its safe for prego's!
  • Are you using the kind for normal/oily or the sensitive skin kind? Just curious. I used to use Cetaphil and saw a big difference between the two.

• imageCeeCeeSugaPie:

Are you using the kind for normal/oily or the sensitive skin kind? Just curious. I used to use Cetaphil and saw a big difference between the two.

Sensitive skin.

My skin is really fussy, and I started breaking out horribly with my first pregnancy. The women here suggested Cetaphil Sensitive, and it has worked wonders. And I have had a lot of hormonal disruption over the past year and half.

• I think the Aveeno Radiant cleansing foam is the  only one my OB recommends.  He told me to stay away from salyclic acid.  But hey that is him.  Maybe others don't think it is a big deal. 
  • I personally wanted to eliminate harsh chemicals and parabens from my everyday products when I got pregnant.

I've been using Purpose facewash and washing my face 2x/day rather than just at night. It's working out great for me.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I use Cetaphil and it works great for me too.  Not sure if it is the one for sensitive skin or not though.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    From Collages
  • While we're talking face wash... I stopped using saylic acid due to pregnancy induced paranoid, I have benzoyl peroxide face wash instead, is that fine to use?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejessjo04:
    While we're talking face wash... I stopped using saylic acid due to pregnancy induced paranoid, I have benzoyl peroxide face wash instead, is that fine to use?

I was told that SA was okay by my OBGYN because so little is absorbed topically.

• imageRunningGal900:

imagejessjo04:
    While we're talking face wash... I stopped using saylic acid due to pregnancy induced paranoid, I have benzoyl peroxide face wash instead, is that fine to use?

I was told that SA was okay by my OBGYN because so little is absorbed topically.

This. I have continued to use the Clean and Clear Acne system. Idk what my face would look like without it because it has broken  out way more since my BFP. 

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been using Burt's Bees deep cleansing cream I think its called. Before that I was using everything with salicylic acid and the OB said no more of that because it is made with aspirin, although he said a wash here and there is ok but its worse if you use spot treatments/masks that absorb into the skin. I have always had problem skin but using the BB wash, toning and moisturizing every day has made such a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been using Clean and Clear Daily Face scrub (the one in the teal container and teal-colored beads) and I use a Clean and Clear-like stringent. I just had my first midwife appointment yesterday and I asked her about both. She said that they both looked fine. I also use St. Ives Collagen Elastin moisturizer and, in my opinion, is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOSTURIZER, EVER! It's very light, but keeps your face super-soft. It's water-based so it's not oily at all.

She also said that what to stay away from is "salicylic acid" because it contains Asprin. I definitely did NOT know that.

Hope this helps

• I've been using Beaute de Maman Face Wash for pregnancy & the Face/Body Cream...they have (finally) worked wonders on my face. Still have a few bumps here & there but not as bad as it was...plus the face wash has little "scrubbers" in it, which I like since my face seems to be oily yet dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"