Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

So, H now truly believes me that our house is haunted.

We have had some strange things happen in this house the past couple of years.  H is always skeptical, until last night.  We were going to bed, he was setting his alarm clock, I was about to fall asleep.  We heard a bang down the hall and running feet.  Kevin muttered "great, Bailey's up".  So we waited for her to come in our room (she does this often).  We waited about 15 seconds and hear it again, so H gets up and goes and checks on her, she is passed out in her bed.  he gives me a wide eyed look and says we are imagining things Hmm.  About 10 seconds later we hear it again, he looks around the house again, nothing.  We are both just looking at each other and then I heard something next to me, just a soft tap.  H looks at me and tries to make a joke that it is coming after me..  I closed my eyes tight and got really close to him, it took awhile to go to sleep, but didn't hear anything else the rest of the night.

He refused to talk about it in depth, but says he believes me now.  Ugh, I hate this, luckily I have never felt threatened, just bothered.  I wish whatever it was would just go away.

Re: So, H now truly believes me that our house is haunted.

• Ooooo! Creepy. Do you live in an older house? Any history there you are aware of? I would do some research. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageeesome:
    Ooooo! Creepy. Do you live in an older house? Any history there you are aware of? I would do some research. 

It isn't that old, '70s, but our city is really old so who knows about the actual property that the house is on. 

We have strange things happen all the time.  Banging on the walls (our house is a stone exterior), walking up and down the hall, I think H will call my name, and when I respond no answer, he will be outside or not here at all, Bailey is always telling me about the monster in her room, (she won't sleep with the light off, and ends up in our bed most of the time), toys go off on their own (with new batteries), one night when Kate's crib was in our room I heard her talking and making noise, then heard what I thought was H going over to her to sooth her, heard walking away, then she started to cry, H was in the bed the whole time...There are countless other things that go on, trying to remember them.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesaraprice:

...one night when Kate's crib was in our room I heard her talking and making noise, then heard what I thought was H going over to her to sooth her, heard walking away, then she started to cry, H was in the bed the whole time...

I have heard of ghost taking character and acting like someone in the home. The do it to communicate, but they can also do it to intimidate.
    That has to be unsettling, though. I have been in homes that are haunted, and I always automatically feel someone looking at me or a very strong presence.
    My first apartment was haunted. It was built on old Indian burial grounds, and things would move, fall off the shelves, etc.  
    I moved rather quickly!

• imageeesome:
    imagesaraprice:

...one night when Kate's crib was in our room I heard her talking and making noise, then heard what I thought was H going over to her to sooth her, heard walking away, then she started to cry, H was in the bed the whole time...

I have heard of ghost taking character and acting like someone in the home. The do it to communicate, but they can also do it to intimidate.
    That has to be unsettling, though. I have been in homes that are haunted, and I always automatically feel someone looking at me or a very strong presence.
    My first apartment was haunted. It was built on old Indian burial grounds, and things would move, fall of the shelves, etc.  

My dad's house is very haunted, I have actually seen people (men) walking around, everyone in my family and several of my friends heard/seen things.  When we go to visit him H won't stay there, I am much more creeped out there then I am here in my house.  The apartments and dorms I lived in during college never had any weird things happen at them, but the house before this one had strange things happen in it.  My best friend lived with H and I for a few months when we first got married, she hates that house, I did too, H and I only lived there for a year, it was really creepy (very old too).

• How creepy!

I've read a few things you've posted about the spooky stuff in your house and I don't know what I'd do if I were you!

Have you thought about blessing your home? I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but I think that would be my next step! 

• imagesaraprice:

My dad's house is very haunted, I have actually seen people (men) walking around, everyone in my family and several of my friends heard/seen things.  When we go to visit him H won't stay there, I am much more creeped out there then I am here in my house.  The apartments and dorms I lived in during college never had any weird things happen at them, but the house before this one had strange things happen in it.  My best friend lived with H and I for a few months when we first got married, she hates that house, I did too, H and I only lived there for a year, it was really creepy (very old too).

Interesting...
    I see my grandpa occasionally walking at the top of the stairs at my mom's house. We are all used to it though, and we all know he is only there to say "hi".
    To me, as long as the ghosts is a good spirit, then it's no biggie.  

• imageSquishycheeks:

How creepy!

I've read a few things you've posted about the spooky stuff in your house and I don't know what I'd do if I were you!

Have you thought about blessing your home? I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but I think that would be my next step! 

I have talked to H about it (we are Christian) and he is not sure about blessing it.  He might reconsider after last night.  I have also heard if you burn sage (I think), it is supposed to get rid of anything.  I am not sure, I will have to do more research on it.

• imagesaraprice:
    imageSquishycheeks:

How creepy!

I have talked to H about it (we are Christian) and he is not sure about blessing it.  He might reconsider after last night.  I have also heard if you burn sage (I think), it is supposed to get rid of anything.  I am not sure, I will have to do more research on it.

When I was younger we lived in a house that was kind of spooky.

On more than one occasion I heard my name being called when I was home alone, and both of my parents heard footsteps in their bedroom at night. One night my dad heard the sound of someone walking toward him while he lay in bed and saw the figure of a man standing above him!

We were so freaked out that he took blessed olive oil and blessed the doors of our house in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Nothing creepy happened after that, so I think it works!

I've actually thought about doing it in the house we live in now even though we've never had anything weird happen. It makes me feel safe! 

• imageSquishycheeks:
    imagesaraprice:
    imageSquishycheeks:

How creepy!

When I was younger we lived in a house that was kind of spooky.

On more than one occasion I heard my name being called when I was home alone, and both of my parents heard footsteps in their bedroom at night. One night my dad heard the sound of someone walking toward him while he lay in bed and saw the figure of a man standing above him!

We were so freaked out that he took blessed olive oil and blessed the doors of our house in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Nothing creepy happened after that, so I think it works!

I've actually thought about doing it in the house we live in now even though we've never had anything weird happen. It makes me feel safe! 

Not a bad idea, it couldn't hurt right?

• that would seriously freak me out. sounds like whatever it is has ok intentions I guess...but I wouldn't be able to sleep. GL with whatever you decide.
  • image**sunny**:
    that would seriously freak me out. sounds like whatever it is has ok intentions I guess...but I wouldn't be able to sleep. GL with whatever you decide.

I have never felt really threatened, weirded out, spooked definitely.

• Holy crap, I would move!

Next time, tell them it is not welcome and it needs to stop.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagemieuxmieux:

Holy crap, I would move!

Next time, tell them it is not welcome and it needs to stop.

I have done that in the past, it didn't seem to work.

• My house is haunted. But it's all "good" spirits as far as we can tell. The house is well over 100 years old and a lot of people have died here. You can tell the "spirit" to leave you alone if it bothers you. It might. Yes, I realize how crazy that sounds. But it's true. I kept hearing all kinds of stuff and it was starting to really creep me out so I asked "them" to stop because it bothered me. Its been quiet since then. Not kidding.
  • imageemiliemadison:
    My house is haunted. But it's all "good" spirits as far as we can tell. The house is well over 100 years old and a lot of people have died here. You can tell the "spirit" to leave you alone if it bothers you. It might. Yes, I realize how crazy that sounds. But it's true. I kept hearing all kinds of stuff and it was starting to really creep me out so I asked "them" to stop because it bothered me. Its been quiet since then. Not kidding.

I have told it to go away, but maybe it is a different one.  I believe that they can listen to you and go away if told, mine might be stubborn :)

• I got goose bumps reading this post and the responses...so creepy!  I've never had any such encounters and would be terrified if I did!  GL with what ever you decide to do!
  • DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • I believe in ghosts and spirits and all of that and have actually lived in a house that was haunted.  My stepmother (love her to death but she can be a little out there at times) is obsessed with this lady name sylvia Brown and Sylvia Brown states that to make ghosts go away to actually tell them- go to the other side you don't belong here.  She says ghosts don't know there dead.  I personally can't see myself telling noises that they need to go on over to the other side because they don't belong there but this Sylvia Brown lady is famous so, maybe if you can do it.  And I promise I am not crazy that is not my theory lol.
  • That's really creepy! I don't think I could let my girls sleep alone and we would all end up in my bed together!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKentuckychick_8201:
    I believe in ghosts and spirits and all of that and have actually lived in a house that was haunted.  My stepmother (love her to death but she can be a little out there at times) is obsessed with this lady name sylvia Brown and Sylvia Brown states that to make ghosts go away to actually tell them- go to the other side you don't belong here.  She says ghosts don't know there dead.  I personally can't see myself telling noises that they need to go on over to the other side because they don't belong there but this Sylvia Brown lady is famous so, maybe if you can do it.  And I promise I am not crazy that is not my theory lol.

I don't know how much stock I'd put into Sylvia Brown.   She got into a lot of trouble a few years ago, for frauding people with her psychic hotline.   As for ghosts, I love the idea of ghosts and hauntings.  I totally get into shows like Ghosthunters, however real stuff scares.  I think there's something in my house, but dh and I also think it may be his dad who passed when he was 13.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG--I'd be so freaking freaked out.  Do you feel unsafe??/  Maybe have one of those ghost people come in and help this ghost move on? 
  • wow...creepy...dh & I have had some strange encounters ourselves, but mostly from family I believe and they are few and far between...

Boiling or burning sage is meant to clear the house of evil spirits and negative energies...we've done it every time we moved into a new place...

GL!

• Creepy, but I'm sure there is a reasonable explaination. Most of the time there is. An old neighbor thought her house was haunted. It was a racoon in the attic.
  • imageflutiefrostie:

That would be awesome!  Sure could use the money.  I wouldn't know where to begin to prove it.  H told me I should call Ghost Hunters (tv show) to come out, I would love it they could disprove everything just to put my mind at ease, but I don't know.

• imagesmiling76:
    OMG--I'd be so freaking freaked out.  Do you feel unsafe??/  Maybe have one of those ghost people come in and help this ghost move on? 

I don't feel unsafe here, I did at my old house.  It felt evil there, here, just spooky more than anything.

• imageSage Mommy:
    Creepy, but I'm sure there is a reasonable explaination. Most of the time there is. An old neighbor thought her house was haunted. It was a racoon in the attic.

That is what H says most of the time, except two nights ago.  Can't explain the running down the hall easily, but that would be great if it was explained in some other way.

• I lived in a very haunted house. My bothers would wake up in the middle of the night and see people staring at them, you would lock a door and would unlock as soon as you walked away. People walking upstairs and opening kitchen drawers. Lights would turn on and off, and once a voice yelled my name, very very very creepy.  I do not know if you are religious or not, but we had or house blessed and it did help. Maybe that is something you might want to look into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"