2nd Trimester

When to expect glucose test?

When can I expect to have a glucose tolerance test? Does every women need one? I was planning on talking to my doctor about this at my appointment in the morning but thought I would get a little input from you ladies :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to expect glucose test?

• I had my 20 week appt today and he told me I would have the glucose test at my 24 week appt. He sent me home with my glucose drink today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • They generally do it around 24 weeks, but I'll be getting mine done next week at 23 weeks. Sometimes, they do it earlier if a woman had GD in another pregnancy or if they find sugar in her urine during other tests. I'm not sure if states require it, but I think many OB's do because of liability.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told I'll be having mine at my 19 week appt. Sounds early though, maybe they messed it up? Hmm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 26-27w for me

(actually I had the 1 hour at 6w - failed.  and the 3 hour at 7w - passed)

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Wow so early for you girls. I get mine done at 28 weeks and have every pregnancy. They give me the drink there. Send me to the waiting room with my birthplan to fill out and then call me back in an hour to get my blood drawn.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Around 26-27 weeks for my doc. I had GD last time and had a 1 hr at 7 weeks, then doing a 3 hr a few weeks from now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • At my 23 week appointment I got the lab orders for the one hour test and soem other tests.  They asked that I completed the testing by my 28 week appt.  I went yesterday at 25 weeks,  I just got the call, I passed- so relieved.  But I am anemic so I have to add an iron supplements. 
  • I had one done @15weeks, and yesterday(29 weeks) b/c of my family history w/diabetes!
  • Mr office gave me the lab order and glucola drink at 25 weeks, and I had the test done at 26w5d.
  • wow i had mine very early, i was only 11 weeks, it is maybe because i have a family history of diabetes and i have a new OB. they let me drink water with white powder mixed and it tasted sweet! They let me wait for an hour and got my blood.
  • Thanks ladies for all the input, talked to my doctor this morning and I will be doing my 1 hr test at 28 weeks which is my next appointment :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"