Eco-Friendly Family

Does anyone else's LO have a kitchen trash can obsession?

What do you do?

It's a lidded trash can and he LOVES going in there and messing with the lid and getting things out of the trash can (we've had to start taking anything like raw meat or just anything messy out to the outside trashcan ASAP). It is not possible to put the trashcan in a closet or cabinet- we don't have a place like that!  

WWYD?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Does anyone else's LO have a kitchen trash can obsession?

• we keep our kitchen gated off.  N's only allowed in there if we're with him. 
  • Yup, physically block or redirect, redirect, redirect.  The good news/bad news is in a few weeks he'll tired of it but find something else just as annoying to obsess about.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We had to put the trash can behind a gate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I *think* that petsmart or petco sell a lock to keep pets out of the trash can.  You might check there.
  • My garbage can is in the laundry room which is gated off from the kitchen.  My DD also loves to dig in the garbage any chance she gets.  This is the only way to keep her out.
  • imageLotte134:
    Yup, physically block or redirect, redirect, redirect.  The good news/bad news is in a few weeks he'll tired of it but find something else just as annoying to obsess about.
    Yep.  He still likes to open it from time to time but it's usually when we're in the kitchen and he's not getting attention like he wants.  For a while he was putting things in the trashcan so who knows what got thrown away during that phase. 

You could always put one of those lock things on it that go on refrigerators...inconvenient for you though.  

• imageiluvmadbiker:

Our kitchen is at the opposite end of our living room, the two spaces are open to each other, so I can't gate it off or really keep him out of there.

This is how our house is! The trashcan is currently right beside the stove in front of a cabinet that we don't use because it WAS closer to the den and he was constantly seeing it and wanting to play. Ugh.

After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • We keep it on top of the microwave now.  He likes to team up with the dog and go through it when its on the floor....  (even though its locked, they work as a team)
    47 months &
    11 months
  • We're not quite there yet but we have this trash can both in our kitchen and as the diaper pail:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=113043&RN=1020&

It has a slide lock on it to keep the lid closed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no advice but I love your siggy picture. 
  • imageschtephanie:

We're not quite there yet but we have this trash can both in our kitchen and as the diaper pail:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=113043&RN=1020&

It has a slide lock on it to keep the lid closed.

Don't waste your money.  It does nothing.  If they knock it over, it pops open. 

47 months &
    11 months
  • imageSassy_Cassie:
    I have no advice but I love your siggy picture. 

theluckiest
  • imageSassy_Cassie:
    I have no advice but I love your siggy picture. 

hehe thanks!

theluckiest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"