3rd Trimester
Options

Need a sensor...

for my MIL's mouth!

I have appointed my husband as the official spokesperson until after LO gets here!!

I can't possibly hold me tounge anymore...she is driving me NUTS! I swear I am sooo tired of hearing about her horrible birth experience from 32 years ago.

Anyone wanna trade MIL's?!

Re: Need a sensor...

• Options

You can have mine. Take her!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'll take her. I'll trade you your birth story spewing MIL for my "I'm gonna make you feel like a horrible mother-to-be for not listening to my advice and sitting in a bubble with your feet up for 10 months" MIL. She acts like going grocery shopping is going to cause unimaginable harm to my baby.

Also, you should know, if you choose to switch: my MIL will more than likely try to steal your baby and raise it as her own. That's what she did with her own daughter's kid 15 years ago. She came over to SIL's house everyday to "babysit" while SIL watched tv. I guess she tried to parent in the beginning but MIL kept telling her she didn't know what she was doing and undermining her until she just gave up. MIL thinks she's going to pull that trick again with my LO but she's in for a rude awakening the first time she tries to say anything against my parenting style.

I'd take horror stories any day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Most of them suck.  I don't want yours and you sure as hell don't want mine.

When I was pregnant with O she used to tell me how DH NEVER slept and that he used to bang his head against the wall all the time and that my child was going to be just like him.  Who the f says that stuff?  MIL's that's who...because they suck.

However, I am now the awful DIL who says exactly what I want in order to bring her down a level.  I'm at the point where I really don't care if she likes me or not.  DH doesn't have a very close relationship with her, so I'm not ruining anything they have.  I am still respectful but honest...

• Options

mine isn't much better.

back story: my MIL was very upset when we announced our pregnancy.  she didn't talk to us for at least a couple of months (even when we would go to their house for dinner).  we do understand why she was upset.  we are very young (i turn 21 tomorrow, hubby turns 23 the day after my due date.  we've been married almost two years) and aren't financially stable but we conceived on BC so it wasn't like we were trying.

now my MIL will actually tell me that she hopes i have her horrible twenty hour labor so that i "think long and hard before doing this again".  i'm secretly hoping for my mom's really easy five hour labor so when she asks how it was i can answer with "not bad at all".

good luck with your MIL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    imagedanienross:

mine isn't much better.

back story: my MIL was very upset when we announced our pregnancy.  she didn't talk to us for at least a couple of months (even when we would go to their house for dinner).  we do understand why she was upset.  we are very young (i turn 21 tomorrow, hubby turns 23 the day after my due date.  we've been married almost two years) and aren't financially stable but we conceived on BC so it wasn't like we were trying.

now my MIL will actually tell me that she hopes i have her horrible twenty hour labor so that i "think long and hard before doing this again".  i'm secretly hoping for my mom's really easy five hour labor so when she asks how it was i can answer with "not bad at all".

good luck with your MIL!

What a b!tch!!

• Options

Sounds like all MIL's are crazy!

Mine is so just dramatic...drives me insane.

• Options
    imagedanienross:

mine isn't much better.

good luck with your MIL!

you may be young, But I dont think anyone is every financially ready for their whole life to change. Not to mention you have been married for two years. Its non of her effing buisness. She cannot decide how you two live your adult life.

:: sending you easy labor vibes::

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Apparently my mil thinks i tricked my husband into having a baby by stopping my birth control and not telling him. When we told her she said "well i wish i could say i'm excited but i'm not." Oh well what can you do?
  • Options
    imageDonnaAndJay:
    imagedanienross:

mine isn't much better.

good luck with your MIL!

What a b!tch!!

Ya I agree she is awful!!! If my MIL EVER said something like that to me that would be the end of our relationship. We are close and although she drives me crazy sometimes she has never done anything to try to deliberately hurt me. Makes me appreciate what I have so much more. I hope your labor is quick and easy too hon so you can tell her to suck it hard!!!

• Options

Just a question.. but isn't this the 3rd trimester boards?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"