3rd Trimester

do you fear your water will break when you don't expect it?

All my anxieties started coming to surface in the past few days. One of them is that my water will break on the metro or the train or while I am in a meeting?

I know there is nothing that can be done about it, but I was wondering if anybody has similar thoughts...

TIA

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: do you fear your water will break when you don't expect it?

• I had always been of the mindset that it's normal, you can't help it, people might be freaked but they also know it's normal. I mean it's not like you're peeing on yourself.

But then I was sitting on a bus with benchlike seats and wondered, "How gross would it be to be sitting next to a woman that had that gush and soaked me too?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't say I fear it, but I'd rather have it break in public than in my bed and ruin my mattress.  I heard a story from one of my clients, her water broke while grocery shopping.  She was in the condiments isle and she threw a jar of pickles on the ground to disguise the mess and got the heck out of there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely me!!! I don't fear labor itself, but I think I would just be embarrassed if I have a gush of water come out and it looks like I just peed on myself.  Not only that, but if I'm at work, it'd be pretty difficult for me to get to the hospital so it's a constant worry of mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would hate for it to break at work in front of a customer. And having to ride home in wet pants!  Yuck!
  • I don't want mine to break at work.

Keep in mind that not all labors begin this way.  Many women have contractions, report to the hospital and their water breaks much later!

As a side note, I put one of the baby's large waterproof pads under the sheet on my side of the bed.  Just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • My water broke in the middle of the night with DS.  I am sure it varies; however, mine was more of a trickle rather than a gush.  Keep in mind though... only 15% of women's' water breaks on their own.  So odds are you will not have to worry about it!
  • i'm worried about wrecking our bed, so we've got a drop cloth under the top layer of fitted sheets. our bradley teacher had a great idea of making the bed with two sets of sheets with the drop cloth in between. if your water breaks in bed it's no big deal, and when you come home from the hospital you just peel up the whole mess to reveal a fresh set of sheets.

• i have never had it happen before, but I am worried my water will break while I am in public...yikes, I hope it doesnt!
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • Me. Not in public but at home, asleep, and ruining the bed.  So I need to make sure our mattress protector is on--it is plastic lined I think.  If not, I've heard using a shower curtain liner works, but I don't know if I could sleep if I could actually hear/feel the plastic under the other sheets.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i was reading somewhere that when your water breaks it usually isnt alot, and if you are laying down that it is the worst. So if you are standing or sitting the babys head usually works as a "cork" and slows or stops the leak.
  • I get all in my head about it. Like if I decided to take a meeting with a client and it breaks. Or what if its when I have CONVINCED DH to have sex and it happens then HAHA!

Again its normal and I dont think any one but us would freak out lol

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just to give my experience:  My water broke in bed.  My alarm had gone off but I hadn't gotten up yet.  All of a sudden I just felt an alarming urge to pee.  I ran to the bathroom and the majority got on the bathroom floor and in the toilet.  There was a little on the bed but nothing soaked through. 

• imageinluvwitcowboy:
    I wouldn't say I fear it, but I'd rather have it break in public than in my bed and ruin my mattress.  I heard a story from one of my clients, her water broke while grocery shopping.  She was in the condiments isle and she threw a jar of pickles on the ground to disguise the mess and got the heck out of there!

haha, thats a good idea..I'll have to remember that one Yes

CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • In front of my classroom of 5th graders would be awesomeTongue Tied
  • imageGeback723:

imageinluvwitcowboy:
    I wouldn't say I fear it, but I'd rather have it break in public than in my bed and ruin my mattress.  I heard a story from one of my clients, her water broke while grocery shopping.  She was in the condiments isle and she threw a jar of pickles on the ground to disguise the mess and got the heck out of there!

haha, thats a good idea..I'll have to remember that one Yes

That story has been around for years. 

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I worry that it might break when Im out at the kids bus stop sending them to school or worse....OUT with the kids on Halloween. How's that for a trick??
  • I think it would be cool to have my water break in public, I think (depending on where and what I'm doing) it would be neat story.

DH's mom and dad were grocery shopping when hers broke.  She passed out and his dad had to full on carry her out of the store.

I'm more worried that it'll break while I'm sleeping and I won't wake up.  I keep thinking that I will think it's all a dream.  Hahaha.  I don't care if I ruin that freaking mattress...we need a new one anyway. 

• ... lurking from 0-3 ...

I was afraid my water would break at work ... and then, it did!!  It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be, but it was pretty scary!  I felt a gush and a weird "something just fell outta me" feeling.  Then it felt like I couldn't stop peeing!  Luckily I had pads with me!!  I drove home to meet DH and after a couple hours (I wasn't contracting at all so I showered and we cleaned the house a bit) we left for the hospital!!

• definitely! so far at least once a day for the past week at work ive been worried that im going to break all over the carpet in my department. id feel bad if someone i work with had to clean it up...and we just got new carpets lol ive pictured myself freaking out and asking my coworker what do i do what do i do?? (she's had 5 kids)
    flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"