1st Trimester

When did you start wearing maternity tops?

Just curious... trying to guess how long I'll be able to get away with non-maternity shirts. Not counting 'flowy' or baby-doll/empire waisted shirts (or super tight fits, which are already gone thanks to bloat)...

So if you have (now or previous pregnancy),when did you switch out your shirts??

Re: When did you start wearing maternity tops?

• Between 15 and 16 weeks, but a lot of my shirts lasted until around 24 weeks.  At 36 weeks I started outgrowing my maternity shirts.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • imageShozziee:
    Between 15 and 16 weeks, but a lot of my shirts lasted until around 24 weeks.  At 36 weeks I started outgrowing my maternity shirts.

Glad to hear some might last that long! I have a lot that are pretty long & seem to have a good bit of room in them, but I guess we'll just have to see. We just moved to the north last year & I bought a whole slew of new winter clothes lol! 

• Loading the player...
  • I think this week I'm going to start looking for shirts and especially pants in the maternity section at Target. I heard their clothes are good. I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins and my tummy is becoming a bit too much in my regular pants which were already low riders but now they're crossing the line from low-riders to scary low. And I tend to wear tighter shirts, so that isn't helping me much either.

I just can't wait for the bloat to go away and the bump to really start showing (even though I swear it already is).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• I would say with DS I was about 18 weeks but I still had tops I could wear that were stretchy enought. Like previous post at the end I was growning out of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • between 10 and 12 weeks with my DS probably sooner with this one!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I didn't start wearing maternity tops until around 18 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • this is my second and I just popped this week but still not wearing maternity tops. They are still too big on me. I'm fitting in myu regular shirts just fine.

shirts you definetly will have a while!

• My regular shirts were too short somewhere around 20 weeks, but maternity shirts looked kind of dumb until about 24 weeks (super loose). I grew out of most maternity shirts at about 37 weeks. THere are so many uncomfortable clothing phases!
    Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • about 20 weeks with my first pregnancy. pants were what i needed to switch to sooner - prob around 16 weeks there.
  • To be honest, I wore a lot of my regular shirts all the way until the end. I had maybe 5 maternity tops but I wore a lot of long tank tops even up until delivery. The only thing was I had to wear shirts underneath sometimes because my boobs were bigger, or if a t shirt was a little short I would just wear a white tank under it. I always felt like I looked even bigger with flowy maternity shirts, so I just embraced my belly and wore fitted shirts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never wore them with DD. I was in regular clothes until 28 weeks, then I could do a long camisole under my shirts and hide the belly.  I hate maternity tops; they make me look huge. 
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • With LO I could wear all of my regular tops till he was born.  The shirts were snug but cute.   I only had a few maternity tops but most of the time I just wore my regular tank tops.
  • This is my first and I am ok in tops (ok maybe some are too tight because my boobs have started to grow.  My bloat in my belly is getting to the point I might need new pants.  (work pants first)  My body has changed so much already in little ways.  My mom says it doesn't look like it but nothing fits right.  I am still early for all this but it is happening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi this is my 2nd after nine years and i am almost on my 12th week, i started wearing maternity jeans last week and my non pregnancy tops still fits me. On my first pregnancy, i started wearing maternity jeans and top around 16 to 20 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"