Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How many time does you LO burp after a feeding?

DD usually only burps once after a feeding. If I try to take the bottle away half way through to burp her she screams so we usually feed her the whole bottle before burping. Should she be burping more than once?

Re: How many time does you LO burp after a feeding?

• Once after each boob, (EBF) so I'm sure it's different with bottle feeding.

Maybe you have really good bottles, some are designed to eliminate excess intake of air. As long as your daughter doesn't seem to have gas pains after feeding, I'm sure the one burp is plenty for her. Every baby is different.

ETA: The few times we have given DS a bottle, he has only burped a couple times.

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It depends on how much he eats, my son ebfs, and he usually burps three or four times after each side. But it's different for every kid.  My sister was ff and I don't remember her burping so much (used playtex dropins).
  • Loading the player...
  • I attempt to burp DS after every ounce (he's currently eating 4oz bottles) but sometimes I won't get one until the second or third ounce. I feed him breastmilk and supplement with formula when needed. I've noticed he burps more on formula than breastmilk.

He used to scream when I'd take the bottle away after every ounce, but now I think he's coming to understand that this is just a part of feeding so he doesn't anymore. Sometimes he's still let out a defiant grunt as I sit him up to burp, but that's about it.

• imagekemeshiwar:

He used to scream when I'd take the bottle away after every ounce, but now I think he's coming to understand that this is just a part of feeding so he doesn't anymore. Sometimes he's still let out a defiant grunt as I sit him up to burp, but that's about it.

Ha!  Mine does this too!  I can almost hear a sigh from them.

I burp after every oz also, and I get burps out for majority of the time, but not everytime.  I also have pretty gassy babies, so I'm thinking regular babies will burp less?

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I burp after each breast and when she slows down/pulls away from the breast. If she doesn't burp enough, she gets very gassy and uncomfortable.
  • I attempt to burp after every once, but DS screams his poor head off. So, I found it easier to burp after every 2oz and he is a little less...''verbal''
  • I didn't add that she is EBF but for times when I do feed her from a bottle she only burps once. But it's the same when I'm nursing too. She doesn't burp between sides either. Usually after her total feeding. Hmm...guess I'll try more during her feedings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"