3rd Trimester

Things you need...things you don't!

DS is 5 weeks old now and I just thought I'd share what I've found useful and what I haven't used at all because I really liked it when I was pregnant and new mommies did that!

We LOOOOOVE...

The Fisher Price "My Little Lamb" Cradle-n-Swing (DS sleeps twice as long in there!)
Halo sleep sack with swaddle feature (Makes swaddling easy)
Infant gowns for sleeping (makes late night changes a breeze!)
Boppy pillow (No explaination needed!)
Happiest Baby on the Block DVD (DS responded very well to techniques)

We haven't used....

Wipes warmer
Travel bottle warmer
Newborn size shoes

Hope that's helpful Smile

Re: Things you need...things you don't!

• thanks for the info

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Thanks for the info!
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! We registered for that swing, and I'm glad to hear you like it!
  • Good to know.  We've tried to discourage our family from buying LO shoes because I think they're a waste of money but a few pairs have still showed up anyways... I guess they'll be cute for pictures :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ooh, I love those swaddle sleep sacks.  They were great! I would put O in a swaddle sleep sack, a onesie and baby legs.  This made nightime feeding/changes a breeze. 

You may need that travel bottle warmer later, don't get rid of it yet!

Happiest Baby on the Block 5S's got us through those first couple months as well.  For those of you not wanting to buy the book or DVD, if you google you can find the same info.  Personally, that is the only section of the book I found worthwhile.

• Travel bottle warmer's are useful for some people!!!  I would add Aden&Anais swaddle blankets to the list ----- by far our most useful and versatile blankets!!   We use them for swaddling, layering in the carseat for all seasons, sun shade for in the stroller, emergency sheets when all other sheets for the cradle or playpen are in the wash.     They are just awesome:)

• newborn shoes?  Really?  definitely agree with you that is totally NOT needed.
  • Thank you for the info!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagewife1014:

Ooh, I love those swaddle sleep sacks.  They were great! I would put O in a swaddle sleep sack, a onesie and baby legs.  This made nightime feeding/changes a breeze. 

Happiest Baby on the Block 5S's got us through those first couple months as well.  For those of you not wanting to buy the book or DVD, if you google you can find the same info.  Personally, that is the only section of the book I found worthwhile.

you can also get the DVD from Netflix -  just watched it last night, i'm making DH watch it today.
  • Thanks for the info! It was great to read because its funny that we chose to get all the things on your GOOD list and decided against all the things on your BAD list :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend had her baby about a month ago and she immediately handed-down all of the infant shoes. At first I was like, thanks! And now I'm realizing, Wait . . . if she didn't use any of them . . . .

Thanks for the info!

• Thanks for the info!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • my friend told me not to buy any 0-3 shoes, but i couldnt help it on a couple of pairs, they were so cute! (at the 2nd hand store we went to) oh well if they don't get used i'll pass 'em along
  • imageMrs. TLC:
    imagewife1014:

Ooh, I love those swaddle sleep sacks.  They were great! I would put O in a swaddle sleep sack, a onesie and baby legs.  This made nightime feeding/changes a breeze. 

you can also get the DVD from Netflix -  just watched it last night, i'm making DH watch it today.

Good to know! I read up on it online with DD#1 but wanted to understand it a bit better this time around. Going to add to my queue now - thanks! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"