2nd Trimester

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

How many of these babies are being born in the toilet?! Seriously...this is the third baby I've seen on the show being born this way.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

• well it seems everyone on that shows seems to thing they have to poo. so I guess this would be a good place to be!

They are so dumb.

Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • That show irritates me. I still watch it but just because you refuse to admit you're pg doesn't mean you didn't know.

When they go over the symptoms afterwards it's very clear in most of the cases that they know. Furthermore...if I really thought you had a tumor hanging out your vag my first instinct would be to call 911. Not deliver the baby and tell everyone ZOMG I had no idea!

Now some are believeable. I'm just saying being pg myself there are signs that can not be ignored. Even if I didn't believe I was pg my growing rock hard ute, baby moving inside my abdomen, and general feelings of suckiness in first tri would leave me camped out at a hospital until someone gave me an answer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Some have acceptable reasons for not knowing. Others, I have more patience with because they actually thought enough to take a test at some point. But most are just downright dumb.

I especially hate the ones that have children already. Like, I get that every pregnancy is different, but hello! You should know what labor feels like and know that, NO, you don't just have to poop.

• imageHyfagal:
    Furthermore...if I really thought you had a tumor hanging out your vag my first instinct would be to call 911. Not deliver the baby and tell everyone ZOMG I had no idea!

I just saw that one yesterday!  I liked how she had it and then tore the cord and ran and got her mom while she left the baby on the floor.

So Klassy

Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • imagegdssofshdws:

imageHyfagal:
    Furthermore...if I really thought you had a tumor hanging out your vag my first instinct would be to call 911. Not deliver the baby and tell everyone ZOMG I had no idea!

I just saw that one yesterday!  I liked how she had it and then tore the cord and ran and got her mom while she left the baby on the floor.

So Klassy

I know right?! I was seriously cringing at the thought of ripping the cord. So gross. Then she left the baby on the floor I was like Surprise. You know those are portable right?!

• imagelocash:

Some have acceptable reasons for not knowing. Others, I have more patience with because they actually thought enough to take a test at some point. But most are just downright dumb.

I especially hate the ones that have children already. Like, I get that every pregnancy is different, but hello! You should know what labor feels like and know that, NO, you don't just have to poop.

I actually haven't watched the show in a loooong time but there was exactly ONE chick I believed, assuming that the information they were sharing wasn't total BS. She was a motorcycle chick and she'd taken PG tests and had bloodwork done, and somehow it all came back negative.

But so many of those *have* to be fake. There's just no way that many women don't know.

• imageOliveBaby:
    imagelocash:

Some have acceptable reasons for not knowing. Others, I have more patience with because they actually thought enough to take a test at some point. But most are just downright dumb.

I actually haven't watched the show in a loooong time but there was exactly ONE chick I believed, assuming that the information they were sharing wasn't total BS. She was a motorcycle chick and she'd taken PG tests and had bloodwork done, and somehow it all came back negative.

But so many of those *have* to be fake. There's just no way that many women don't know.

Eh, you would be surprised. I know people who work in hospitals who say this happens all the time. There are plenty of women on the show who were told that in no way would they be able to have children. So pregnancy just wasn't something they thought was possible.

I actually know a girl IRL who didn't know she was pregnant until something like 20 weeks b/c she was on metformin and the side effects were the same as pg symptoms and her idiot doctor told her there was no way she was pregnant b/c she wasn't ovulating.

• imagelocash:
    Eh, you would be surprised. I know people who work in hospitals who say this happens all the time. There are plenty of women on the show who were told that in no way would they be able to have children. So pregnancy just wasn't something they thought was possible.

I know it can happen. I just get annoyed with the ones that have had definite symptoms but still claim they had no idea. Really? If you were having these symptoms and had no clue you were pg wouldn't that scare the shiz out of you and make you want to get checked out?

• I think its funny how everyone thinks they know everything about pregnancy.  Especially people who haven't been through it yet. It can happen and it does. 

IRL I went to HS with a girl who didn't know.  She gained no weight, had her period, ect.  One morning woke up and went into labor.  It can be a pretty scary situation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHyfagal:
    imagelocash:

I know it can happen. I just get annoyed with the ones that have had definite symptoms but still claim they had no idea. Really? If you were having these symptoms and had no clue you were pg wouldn't that scare the shiz out of you and make you want to get checked out?

Oh I know! That's why I go back to my original post where I said most are just plain dumb.

It's those other cases that I can see. Like the one where she (and her doctor) thought she had ovarian cancer and it turns out she was pregnant. Crazy!

• Had my bewbs not grown to size GIGANTIC and I not had this giant fibroid, I may not have known.  My periods aren't regular. I always have a day or 2 where I eat everything under the sun and so far, these are the only symptoms that I've encountered. 

However, I knew something was wrong when I was looking like I was about 4 months preg, and didn't think I was.  

• imageHyfagal:
    imagelocash:

This.
  • I'm sorry but a child moving inside of you doesn't feel like gas.  You can actually see it bulge out of your skin and watch your stomach move.

Even the skinny women claim they didn't feel it.  I saw it today in the lab and I just keep thinking, yeah right!  Her stomach wasn't hard, etc.. ? 

The show is all BS.  

• A lot of these stories I can't believe, some I can though. I will say, I took 3 pregnancy tests in march (all negative) and then come April we discovered that we were 9 1/2 weeks pregnant.... I thought that I had mono.

How you get thru all 9 months not knowing, is beyond me.

• I was 5 months pg with my 1st when i found out. I took 4 pregnancy test all negative. Finally the 5th was positive. I thought I was really sick and it was affecting my already irregular periods.
  • I have never watched this show because it's too embarrassing. I was 21 weeks and didn't know until I went into premature labor. Looking back, yeah, all the signs were there, but I chalked them up to stress and overwork. But I'd been told I couldn't have children, continued to have what were "normal for me" periods/spotting throughout, didn't get a positive pee test at my annual visit, and hadn't had sex with my then-boyfriend in a really long time. Well, apparently I had sleep-sex, and my gyne office forgot to test me for pg (or it was a false negative).

Mine was almost a poop baby but the bag of waters didn't rupture so it was just sort of half hanging out of me. The hospital wrote us off as a lost cause and didn't bother to stop the contractions (yet still charged me for the mag sulfate, thanks!). I was fully prepare to have everything shoved back inside me. That little heartbeat was STRONG. Probably a healthy baby, lost due to an incompetent cervix.

I should probably go on that show. Do you get to re-enact your own toilet experience, or does a bad actor do that for you?

• A girl I grew up with had this happen to her (but she wasn't on the show) three years ago. I sang in her wedding, which went on as scheduled a month after she had the baby! A couple of weeks before her wedding, as we were talking at length and preparing for the service, I asked her all of those questions incredulously: Didn't you have your period? Didn't you get sick? Didn't you feel the baby moving? Truth is, she is a "bigger" girl. I saw her three weeks before she had the baby (at that point she was 8 months preggers), and TRUST ME, she did not look pregnant in the slightest. Hardly any different than I ever remembered her, though it looked like she'd gained some weight (everywhere). She told me that she was worried about fitting into her wedding dress and was trying to lose weight but it wasn't really working. She chalked it up to stress. Her periods were always light and irregular, and she occasionally spotted/bled throughout the entire pregnancy. The nurses hypothesized that she had an anterior placenta, so that's why she didn't feel the baby moving at all (plus, like I said, she was a bigger girl, so I don't think she could see her tummy morphing and moving like some smaller people can). I'm 7 months along, and truthfully, throughout my entire pregnancy, I have felt no different than before I was pregnant - not tired, not sick, no heartburn, no difference (except bending over and tying my shoes is harder!), so I *think* I can understand...
  • You know what I really hate about that show? In almost every episode they point out how the mother had no prenatal care, and smoked and drank throughout her pregnancy, and their babies came out perfectly healthy. I think it's wrong to keep saying that over and over and make it seem like it's ok to do those things because a lot of women are going to interpret that as carte blanche to do whatever they wish.  

I remember in one episode they said that the mother "drank during her pregnancy." Then a little later, she specifically said that on ONE occasion she had A COUPLE drinks and felt very guilty about it. IMHO that is NOT the same thing that's implied by saying she drank during her pregnancy. They manipulate the facts to increase the drama and I think it's irresponsible.  

• I actually can understand some of the stories that are told, since I am pregnant and only would have known by the blood test I had done.  I have not had morning sickness, or any other symptom out of the ordinary.

I normally am tired, so being tired never was a change for me.

Got headaches, not unusual since I used to get migraines all the time.

Back pain, have a previous back injury.

Stomach pain, cramps...had all those before due to unresolved stomach issues.

no period, well my period doesnt come unless I take medication to get it.

So, unfortunately I would not have known I was pregnant even to this day (16 weeks 2 days) if I didnt have the blood test done because we were trying.  Not everyone is lucky to get a huge bump or symptoms that are out of the ordinary.

• There are actual people who dont get strong pregnancy signs. I had an aunt & a coworker who had babies when they didnt know they were prego. My aunt was heavy and not too bright. She had hers in the toilet so that one is kind of self explanitory but my coworker was average weight, only gained about 5 pounds in about 7 months, didnt think anything of it, had no morning sickness or any signs of pregnancy and started feeling light headed and went to the hospital. She passed out at the hospital and woke up to a baby. Turns out she got diabetes while prego & her blood sugar went crazy. They had to sedate her so her or the baby would not go into shock. Imagine the shock of waking up and finding you had a baby by cesarean 2 months premature!  : O
  • I don't have any sort of cable so I haven't seen the show (I'm sure many of them are fake by your descriptions) but I can see how the scenario is plausible sometimes.  I'm an overweight gal.  I'd regularly go months between periods anywhere from 1-3 to a few stretches that were 6-9 (I found out that's because I have PCOS).

I am pregnant now with #1 and if we hadn't been trying I wouldn't think we were pg.  Of course if we weren't trying I wouldn't have taken Clomid but I was taking Metformin which made me sicker than I was with m/s which was almost nothing.  I am 20 weeks and so far haven't gained weight, I have only felt the baby move a few times when I sit really still and concentrate, no full on kicks yet.  I've always been tired.  My boobs haven't grown yet and although they hurt, that's kinda normal too.  I even took a pg test (too early apparently) and it was negative.  I didn't think the second one I took would be + and actually threw it down and walked away not wanting to be upset again, if I hadn't gone back and taken it we wouldn't have known and were about to quit trying.

I'm just saying that sometimes it can happen.  Although it being a frequent enough occurence to have a regularly scheduled tv show about it, not likely.

• Same here, if I wasn't trying to conceive than there was a possibility that I wouldn't have known. I am somewhat over weight and my placenta was placed in the front, for the longest time I never felt my baby move. Even to the end of my pregnancy I only felt him move every now and then. I wasn't lucky to get the huge bump either =[ He is now 4months and loves to kick!
  • imageRoseTor:

I think its funny how everyone thinks they know everything about pregnancy.  Especially people who haven't been through it yet. It can happen and it does. 

IRL I went to HS with a girl who didn't know.  She gained no weight, had her period, ect.  One morning woke up and went into labor.  It can be a pretty scary situation.

I agree. I'm an RN and I know that it can and does happen. And there are ALOT of different medical reasons that prevent people from knowing. Everyone and every situation is different. I think that the people who are judging these people, or are crediting their situation as false, are the ignorant ones. Just because you can't believe it, doesn't mean it's not true. I understand that some cases are more believable than others, but don't judge. You don't know unless you've walked in their shoes. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying; have a little bit more sensitivity to their situation. Can you imagine going through something like that?

• OMG Where to begin?  I'm generalizing, but aren't most of them quite a bit over weight?  Aren't most of them in a situation of poverty, or close to it?  These women are some of the most ignorant I've ever seen.  It's like Jersey Shore people getting pregnant...they're that dumb!! And the one who left the baby on the floor...why rip the cord? At least it's a sure way not to drop the baby!! LOL WOW!
  • But I was on Metformin too, and knew something was up when my feet started swelling, and that the nausea that I'd been having as a side effect didn't go away with the usual remedies.
  • DH just says "please dont poop my baby in the toilet".

But I agree- some I could possibly agree with but others there is no way in helll.

• I can really see both sides of this debate.  I know that it can happen, particularly when a person is overweight.  It is also more understandable in this first several months of pregnancy.  However, I also had a friend in college that was thin as a twig and tried to claim that she didn't know she was pregnant.  We all constantly asked her if she was, if she went to the OB, if she wanted someone to go with her, etc. She had a huge baby bump complete with numerous stretch marks by the end of the pregnancy.  She smoked and drank the entire time.  She told me once that she went to Planned Parenthood and was told that she had a cyst on one of her ovaries.  This is when she was about 5-6 months along.   Then she kept going to the OB for "her ovaries" the rest of the pregnancy but claiming that every time she went they said she was not pregnant.  If you would have seen this girl there is no way you could believe her.  For the first few months ... sure, that's different.  But 8 months later with a huge bump and an ultrasound ... let's just say I'm pretty sure it was detectable by then.  She still calls her son her "miracle" baby.  Crazy cakes! 
  • REALLY!!!!   It's one thing if you took multiple pregnancy tests and they came back negative (which only seems to be 1/8 of the cases presented on the show).   Seriously- it's scary to think that there are so many women out there who seem completely unfamiliar with their own bodies.  I think most will be headed to the Jerry Springer show next!  IDIOTS!!!!!
  • It's hard to believe but it's definitely possible. My husband's aunt had her tubes tied for 14yrs and had a period once or twice a year. Her and her husband separated in Feb last yr. After that she started vigorous exercise routines and lost a lot of weight. Around November she went to the ER because she wasn't feeling well and was shocked to hear the doctor tell her that, not only was she pregnant, but she was about 8 months along!  She had three weeks to prepare before her baby girl came into the world. Had to have an emergency baby shower and everything :) Imagine if she hadn't gone to the ER that night! Also, my cousin's girlfriend went to a dr for birthcontrol and found out she was already pregnant....7 months pregnant. She didn't look pregnant at all! She is this petite little thing and no one knew. She was never sick and had what she thought were her periods. I do believe that a lot of those women had no clue especially if they had their tubes tied, were told they couldn't have children, got negative test results, and/or  showed no signs or symptoms.
  • Ok, so the no signs, your body was f*d up before, all that, sure plausible.  but WHAT ABOUT THE KICKING??  is it just me that would be freaked right out if I felt all this kicking and didn't know what it was, no medical condition I have ever heard of tickles and moves inside your belly, and sometimes it actually protrudes out of your stomach for a short amount of time,  like a living tumor??  Do some babies not kick??
  • I completely agree. I didn't realize that I was pregnant with my first daughter. I had my period all but two months of the pregnancy. The two months I skipped I chalked up to stress due to a physical assault from the baby's father & the loss of my grandfather. I never had any symptoms other than heartburn which I just chalked up to work stress and did not feel any movement. Now when I had my second child, I felt lots of movements and had some of the normal systems. However, with both pregnancies I did lose about 20 pounds which I thought was great with my first pregnancy but caused a lot of concern with my second. It does happen and it really frustrates me when people doubt that its a possibity.
  • my periods were completely irregular and I took a test every few months, just to make sure. You can never be to safe.  I do think that since most of those women are overweight it does make it harder to notice if their symptoms aren't strong. 
  • Call me crazy, but I believe most of these stories. Some of them specifically point out that they were still having menstrual cycles. I'm sorry, if I was still getting my menstrual cycle or have really irregular cycles, I would have not taken a test, even by now at 17 weeks. I haven't felt anything really worth taking a test. I have a friend who just got her first AF since February - for her it is completely normal. Now if I end up starting to feel kicking, then I would get the idea. But some people don't get the kicking. I definitely believe the one with the girl and MS. For me that is totally believable. 

As for the babies born in the toilet. If I had horrible tummy pains, that's the first place i'd go. I've had some horrible gas pains in my life and the first place for my relief is always the bathroom.  

Now I definitely can't explain why some of the women on that show do what they do after the baby is born. Complete shock, I guess? Also the flashbacks are dramatizations, so I am sure it is not completely true to life. 

• imageEmjay221:

I'm sorry but a child moving inside of you doesn't feel like gas.  You can actually see it bulge out of your skin and watch your stomach move.

For me it did!  Only at first, with the quickening, and it took me a few days feeling it to figure out "yeah, it really is the baby and not gas."  I think I just didn't want to get my hopes up that I could actually feel her lol.  But later on, it became unmistakable.  Also, I didn't even look pregnant until well into my 2nd trimester, and that's when we actually started seeing baby's movements on the outside of my stomach.

With that said, I was pretty sure I was pregnant before I even took the test (at 6 or so weeks).  I usually have pretty irregular periods, but I still had this gut feeling that I wasn't just late for no reason at all.  So I don't understand these women that have all the symptoms and somehow still don't get it.  I agree with PP's when they ask how these women have all these weird things happening and don't go to the doctor and ask WTH is going on.  With situations like that, I don't think there's any excuse not to have some sort of idea you're pregnant.  Unfortunately, some people are just that dumb.

• okay, so they told me that i would never be able to have kids. the moment i got implantation bleeding i KNEW i was pregnant.  never experienced it before but knew something was up.  plus my dog wouldn't leave me alone so either i was dying or pregnant.  i don't know how this happened but even for a woman with one ovary, endometriosis and horrible scar tissue i knew that what my body was doing was not normal.  i just think those women are clueless to how their bodies work and what not.
  • actually the erge to push can often feel like the need to have a bm.  same muscles involved.
  • imagejengy27:

I have never watched this show because it's too embarrassing. I was 21 weeks and didn't know until I went into premature labor. Looking back, yeah, all the signs were there, but I chalked them up to stress and overwork. But I'd been told I couldn't have children, continued to have what were "normal for me" periods/spotting throughout, didn't get a positive pee test at my annual visit, and hadn't had sex with my then-boyfriend in a really long time. Well, apparently I had sleep-sex, and my gyne office forgot to test me for pg (or it was a false negative).

Mine was almost a poop baby but the bag of waters didn't rupture so it was just sort of half hanging out of me. The hospital wrote us off as a lost cause and didn't bother to stop the contractions (yet still charged me for the mag sulfate, thanks!). I was fully prepare to have everything shoved back inside me. That little heartbeat was STRONG. Probably a healthy baby, lost due to an incompetent cervix.

I should probably go on that show. Do you get to re-enact your own toilet experience, or does a bad actor do that for you?

Wow! Sorry to hear that! Ya I watch the show...to me some of the stories are believable some not so. But it can happen everybody's body is different with different lives and situations...so needless to say it can happen.

• There was one episode where at the end where they sum up all of the signs and everything, the girl admitted she and her boyfriend were having unprotected sex, she had crazy cravings, she had gained 30 pounds, etc. It was so ridiculous I couldn't stand it.

And yeah, although the urge to push feels like a  big bowel movement, it is different in the way that it feels completely out of control, unlike if you just had to go to the bathroom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • As far as not feeling movment goes that can happen im 26 weeks pregnant with a anterior placenta i dont feel movment this is my third pregnancy and with my 2 boys i felt all the normal kicks jabs tumbles and turns constantly i could see elbows poking out etc but this time nothing the placenta is on the front wall so when she kicks or moves it cushions it   ,, i obviously know im pregnant as i was trying to have a baby and have had ultrasounds and no period etc

but if i was one of those women who bleed throughout pregnancy and wasnt trying to get pregnant i honestly wouldnt know i dont get morning sickness or heart burn and ive actually lost 12 kgs this pregnancy 

so it can happen and some people dont actually get to feel their baby move even if they have been pregnant before

• This show is absolutely rediculous. However, I know it can happen... But it is very unlikely. Ok for most people who don't know until like 7 months or so, obviously aren't as in tune with their bodies as they could be, they may have something going on in their lives that takes up alot of focus. Who knows but it's not normal. I knew I as pregnant with my first child at 6 weeks! No symptoms yet of course, but I just really felt it in my heart. I had a great pregnancy my belly grew slowly but surely and i didn't gain any weight of get stretch marks til the last weeks of pregnancy. But all the while the is no way in the world that I would have been able to go even 4 months without knowing!!!!

When all the symptoms are there, yeah it's not believable AT ALL. like some of the previous girls that said wouldn't you go get checked out to find out what the heck is wrong with you!! Even at least once in 9 month!!! I don't get it.

But if you're slow enough to not know then I guess you're slow enough to not go to the hospital while you have the pain of pushing a head of vagina all unexpectantly and decide to endure that pain, n go to the toilet instead of the hospital.

ALSO, if you're really that slow, you will casually just leave a baby that is obviously you freaking child, wheter you knew or not, you know its yours now..... hwy leave it on the floor to die while you worry about Oh Me Oh me me me me I can't believe I just.... blah blah blah, you just had your freaking baby the first thing you should be doing is on the phone with 911...

How bout the girl who had just had a baby that left her baby on the bathroom floor of a theme park!!! After she just shook him up from getting on a roller coaster!! WTF then she leaves him on the floor and retracts to the corner and just stare at him. Mind you she just had a son!

In the end of the day, sorry for such a long post. But your uterus will always get hard and have contractions at some point. This is the ultimate sign people... NOTHING ELSE  will make you body do this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"