Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Do you like your DH's...

last name?  I think I married a man w/ a pretty good last name especially since I hated my maiden name.  Do you like your "new" last name better than your maiden name? 

Re: Do you like your DH's...

• Nope.  I hyphenated, and I wish I would have lived with a hyphenated name socially before changing it legally.  It's a major PITA, and I wouldn't do it again.  I LOVE my maiden name and the only reason I added DH's was so part of my name could be like our children's.  
  • Loading the player...
  • It's fine.  One short German last name to another. 
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so happy to be married out of my maiden name. I was ridiculed relentlessly in school for my maiden name. Besides the fact that no one can spell my married name right, I absolutely love it!

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• I like either. My married name is shorter which is nice.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Long Italian maiden name no could pronounce or spell to a medium Irish/Scottish married name no one can pronounce or spell.
  • I really liked my maiden name. My married name is very common and boring.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope, but it doesn't matter since I kept my own last name. I would have kept my own name even if I liked his. DS's second middle name is my last name, and he shares a last name with his dad, which is fine by me. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagebakedlaurabean:
    I really liked my maiden name. My married name is very common and boring.

This exactly. My maiden name was very unique.

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's perfectly fine. No one pronounced my maiden name correctly, so I thought I was getting rid of that annoyance. Nope. Somehow, this seemingly easy name is difficult for some people. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like my maiden name, and I really like my married name. I didn't want to hyphenate because of the PITA factor, so I made my maiden name a second middle name and took DH's. That way it's still legally there, but not used socially.
  • Yes.  I love that I don't ever have to spell it for people.  They just know.  Not so w/ my maiden name.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Meh. I went from a hard to pronounce/spell French name to  an apparently hard to spell/pronounce German name (i don't think so but you should hear some of these interp's we get) At first i hated  my new name but im getting used to it
  • Love it! This is my second marriage and I had a an 11 letter last name with no repeating letters (LOL imagine spelling that every time on the phone) left over from my first marriage and now my last name is only 5 letters.
  • I went from a French name to another French name. Haven't legally changed it yet though (hard to do when you live out of the country).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I hated my maiden name. Nobady said right & it was so uncommon. I love my new last name! It's so normal!
  • Yes!  Common and easy.  There's only two different ways to spell it.  My maiden name was ugly, IMO and it came from my dad who I never got along with (to put it nicely).  I really wish that I could have had my mom's maiden name.  It is a great Irish surname and all of my family has that name except for us two.  If it had been my surname I would have insisted that DH change his last name to mine, which he said he would've done.  But, alas, it just would have been a little too far out for us to both change our last names to my mom's maiden name!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"