Single Parents

court? custidy battle? FANTASTIC.

I'm young so I really dont know how any of this works. me and my daughters father dont get along like at all anymore and are planning to go to court for custidy, the only experiance I have with this is when my parents were going through their custidy battles. I'm gonna try to get full custidy over her because he is phycodic and shouldnt be alone with her, I have proof of the abuse he has done to me but hes also going for full custidy, I'm really scared i might loose her even though everyone tells me I wont. 

okay now for my question even though I have proof of the abuse he has done to me and proof of his bi-polarness is there anyway all this could back fire on me? And also what should I expect from the court and the judge; what kinds of things will he/she be looking for?

I would really like some help cause I'm stressin like crazy. thank you

Re: court? custidy battle? FANTASTIC.

• MUD.

That is all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh lord, I am bored to death so I will bite.

If you have proof of his abuse, document it.  Pictures, calendar, etc.  You said he is bi-polar?  His medical records can be used against him in court.  You can also get interviews with his doctor(s) saying he is unstable, etc.

If you can afford a lawyer, get one.

I don't understand why you would ask if you having proof of his abuse could be used against you. 

• okayy, I have alot of that already.

thats not what I ment at all. we are teenages we fight and bicker but I have never hit him or threatened him but I was wondering if anything I said to him like things I have called him or anything get me in trouble. Im just paranoid and i want to make sure that it wouldnt back fire on me.

• imagesammiibaby15:

okayy, I have alot of that already.

thats not what I ment at all. we are teenages we fight and bicker but I have never hit him or threatened him but I was wondering if anything I said to him like things I have called him or anything get me in trouble. Im just paranoid and i want to make sure that it wouldnt back fire on me.

Not anything that he can't prove you did. 

• he doesnt have alot to prove actuly anything but a fight here and there,

thank you for your help.(:

• imageachase123:

Oh lord, I am bored to death so I will bite.

If you have proof of his abuse, document it.  Pictures, calendar, etc.  You said he is bi-polar?  His medical records can be used against him in court.  You can also get interviews with his doctor(s) saying he is unstable, etc.

If you can afford a lawyer, get one.

I don't understand why you would ask if you having proof of his abuse could be used against you. 

Great advice!

You really need to talk to a lawyer. Didn't someone post about legal aid at one point? Look into that. You can probably find a lawyer that will explain everything to you for free.

• alright i willl do that :)

i do have another question though (lol sorry im just new to all this) should i start fighting for custidy over her now or wait till after shes bprn?

• imagetifanico:
    imagesammiibaby15:

alright i willl do that :)

i do have another question though (lol sorry im just new to all this) should i start fighting for custidy over her now or wait till after shes bprn?

You cannot fight for custody for an unborn child. You can start getting ready though.

FFS, its custody with and O and please capitalize.

I love you!

• imagetifanico:
    imagesammiibaby15:

You cannot fight for custody for an unborn child. You can start getting ready though.

Yes my eyes are burning from custidy

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • WTF? your ticker has MUD written all over it. 

• I think she's just young and doesn't know a lot. I don't think it's MUD. If it was it would be really lame MUD with absolutely no entertainment value LOL
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imagetifanico:
    imagesammiibaby15:

Love, love, love this!! I actually laughed out loud. ;)

• imageKentuckychick_8201:

WTF? your ticker has MUD written all over it. 

i agree and BTW if this isnt mud you should take your last name out of your siggy

image 2011
  • imageachase123:

MUD.

That is all.

Stupid people get pregnant, too.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I really hope this is mud, because if it isn't, you have a long, rough road ahead of you.  You are so young and have no way to support a baby.  Take some time to lurk on the TTC boards and the adoption boards.  There are families who can care for a child and desperately want one.  Please consider the gift of adoption.  That is the most loving thing you can do for a child you can't care for.  One day you will be ready to be a mom, but you and your future children deserve the best you can give, and you are not there yet. 

• Okay you guys really need to stop judging me just because I'm going to be a teen mom. You people dont know me and you dont know how I am so don't act like you do. I'm not just some stupid teenager, I'm actuly pretty mature for my age and I know I'm gonna be a good mother to my baby girl. yeah it will be harder because I'm so young but thats what having a family and wonderful friends are for. You people on here are so judgemental and you act like your sooo perfect. Think about it you were a teenager once you guys did things you know you shouldnt have granted they didnt have a lasting effect on your like a pregnacy but you still did risky things. I get enough crap from all this I dont need it from people I don't know. You all act like I'm stupid because I'm new to this and don't know what to expect from the courts and I'm worried but I mean honestly there are 20-30 year olds that don't understand it. I'm just like you guys I'm pregnant and cant wait for my beautiful baby to come into this world and I didnt come on here to be judged I came on here for help because you guys ARE older and do know more about this then I do. I'm a prerson and I expected to be treated as such. You don't see me going on your posts and judging you about the stuff your going through so why do it to me?

• And yes my daughters middle name is going to be Love do you have an issue with that??
  • I knew you would come back with the "You don't know me!!" line.  Perhaps I don't know you, but I know more about this situation than you can imagine.  I gave you very solid advice.  I pray that you do what is best for your daughter and not what your 15 yr old self wants.  15 yr olds are selfish by nature, and that's ok.  You're a kid and you are designed to be that way.  

Think about your DD.  Doesn't she deserve to have parents that can financially take care of her?  Don't you want her to have more than you can provide?  What about yourself?  You deserve to be able to finish jr high and high school without having to worry about midnight feedings or how to pay daycare.  Being a single mom is not a rosy, easy thing, even if you have an education and a family to support you. 

• You're not being judged because you're young.  Unfortunately, from the lack of proper spelling and the inconsistent use of commas or any punctuation, you show that you're young and uneducated.  Therefore, everyone does judge your ability to raise a child when you're still "learning" yourself. 

Ask yourself these questions;

1.  What can I provide for my daughter?

2.  Who is going to help me and will I be able to give my daughter everything she needs and deserves in life?

3.  Am I doing this because I think this is the BEST possible situation for her?

Honestly answer question number 3.  As a parent, you need to think about the best possible situation for you daughter.  What is HER best interest? Not yours.  That is your first responsibility as a parent.

Good luck.  I pray that everything will be handled in the best interest of your daughter.  I think it would be very strong of you to look into adoption as another option.  You deserve to have the young childhood you need, that will enable you to grow into an educated, wonderful mother for the future.  You can always talk to an adoption counselor and see if the option is right for you.  Make an educated decision.   

• I'm really not trying to be snarky or sarcastic on this one but based on your post title...can minors even take each other to court or fight for child support or custody?  I guess it would depend how old the dad is also but I thought minors aren't allowed to be involved in any kind of legal issues unless it's criminal...plus how can you make a 15 year old pay child support....don't you have to be at least 16 to get a paying job over the table (meaning paying taxes, receiving a W2, etc....)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"