Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Gerber puffs

When is it recommended that babies start eating things such as Gerber Puffs?  My son is 6 months old and his doctor said we could start giving them to him.  I feel like that is awfully young!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Gerber puffs

• I just recently started giving them to Tooter Man.. about a month or so ago. 
    (c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • About a month ago.  I put one on the tray to see if she was able to pick it up and she knew enough to put it near her mouth. It took a few tries but she eventually got them in! Now she gets them all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I literally just picked some up over the weekend, DD is still trying to get the hang of them...
  • We just started them this weekend.  She can't quite get it in her mouth, but if I hold it for her she takes my hand and moves it to her mouth!

Too cute.

• I've been slow to introduce those things...I waited until DS started crawling which was just a couple of days ago at 8 mths old.

Though he did start out with cheerios at about 7 mths old.  I cut them in half and let him try to learn to pick them up and feed himself with his fingers.  I started cutting them in half because he had trouble a couple of times getting a cheerio stuck/sort of chocking on it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right around 7 months. I was a bit worried about them too so I ate one. They dissolve immediately so I felt completely safe with my little one eating them.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• I started giving my son the puffs around 5-6 months. I started breaking them in half first until I felt comfortable with him eating them and then I started letting him eat the whole ones. They melt right in their mouths so it isn't bad at all. Try one and it'll make you feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't yet...my LO is a very enthusiastic eater so I'm nervous about choking.  But based on the other responses, I may pick some up this weekend and see how he does (after I try one myself!).
  • I don't remember when I started giving these to C, but he loves them.
  • We started puffs around 5 months.. they dissolve pretty well!
  • started at 6.5 months and i broke them in half to start. now she gets the full thing bc she understands the whole chewing thing. She still has trouble gettign them in her mouth at times...she'll try to shove her whole fist in! but she's getting the hang of it!

the best is when they get stuck on her lip and she tries to get it with her tongue! haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did anyone else's LO take a bit to figure out how to eat the Puffs?  DD has tried them a few times and can get them in her mouth about 50% of the time but then gags on them.  If this happened to your LO, how long did it take him/her to figure it out? TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"