3rd Trimester

I'm terrified of my repeat c-section

I have some major anxiety around my health/dying.  I am becoming more and more (irrationally) terrified that I'm not going to survive the birth of this baby.  I think maybe it's heightened b/c of DS and I'm afraid of leaving him w/o a mom.  Again, I know this sounds crazy, I know there is nothing I can do about it.  I just needed to say it out loud.  I'm afriad people in my real life will think I've gone off the deep end.
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I'm terrified of my repeat c-section

• i don't think you've gone off the deep end, i feel the same way sometimes.  i just keep telling myself that it's better for me and the baby to have a c-section because of labor with my DD causing serious hemorrhaging.

just try not to think about it too much and cause yourself some unnecessary complications, like high BP.  good luck!  

• I know I was really scared going into my second c-section because my first was an emergency one.  Once at  the hospital I was relieved how incredibly calm everyone was and how much more relaxed I was going into it.  I know bwforehand I kept expecting something to go wrong but once I was on the table I had a wierd sense of peace.  Once she was out, my mind became focued on her and seeing her that I sort of forgot about the operation.  Also it seemed like it didn't take that long at all. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am with the PP, on the trying not to think about it.  I will probably have another C/s also-(2nd breech baby-unless it moves)  I have major anxiety about hospitals/procedures etc. I am listening to Hypnosis Cds to help relax.  And trying to think only about the end result-you are having a baby. Personally I don't think worrying is bad, in general, its a major surgery and you have to go home and take care of a newborn and sibling.  But don't let yourself dwell on it too much, this is the approach I am trying and so far so good.  I made up sayings that I tell myself to get my mind off of it, about staying healthy and strong etc. So I say these mentally when the worries intrude.  You have not gone off the deep end!  We are in the same boat if so :)
  • I have the same issues and I am having nightmares about this b/c it's a planned C-section and I have health issues. Although the doctors are not giving me any indication that I should worry. I still feel impending doom! So your not crazy good luck!
  • I feel the same way. This is my first c-section but 3rd major surgery- I had an abdominal myomectomy 4 years ago (same cut) to remove 5 large tumors...my recovery was rough and I had infections, a horrible hospital stay AND I fell down the stairs (long story). My 2nd was breast reduction surgery and it was way more painful than I thought it would be..being at home by myself every day was rough. DH can only take off 3 days and I'm terrified of being at home alone with a newborn after literally 7 days of recovery. I hate hospitals- surgery, needles, blood.

I go in tomorrow at 5:30am...I'm scared but I keep trying to calm myself by just talking myself down.

• I cried and cuddled in DD#1s bed with her before I left for my 2nd c/s (she was asleep and blissfully unaware of her crazy Mommy) b/c I was afraid of the same thing. I was fine up until the morning of and then I freaked and couldnt stop crying.

Now I feel like an idiot lol. The 2nd c/s was easier than the first (both scheduled) because I knew exactly what to expect. And somehow I survived (LOL!), you have to think about how often this is done and how rare it is for anything bad to happen.

I know its easier said than done but try not to be too anxious about it! GL!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJune2007:

I cried and cuddled in DD#1s bed with her before I left for my 2nd c/s (she was asleep and blissfully unaware of her crazy Mommy) b/c I was afraid of the same thing. I was fine up until the morning of and then I freaked and couldnt stop crying.

Now I feel like an idiot lol. The 2nd c/s was easier than the first (both scheduled) because I knew exactly what to expect. And somehow I survived (LOL!), you have to think about how often this is done and how rare it is for anything bad to happen.

I know its easier said than done but try not to be too anxious about it! GL!

I can totally see myself doing this.  I have even thought about writing DS a letter in case I don't come home.  Man, it sound so crazy when I say it out loud! 

Thank you all for your responses.  I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ these thoughts.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"