Babies: 6 - 9 Months

non-mommies at work

I just overhead two of the women at work talking about getting together after work, and one says to the other, "Well I've seen pretty much everything in the theater, except XYZ movie, so we could go see that"

And I just felt like I was overhearing aliens from another world! hahaha it feels like FOREVER since I even considered spending 2-3 hours in a theater with my cell phone on silent. These two are also constantly talking about weekend trips with their boyfriends, spa days, etc. - just feels so far from my world these days!

But I interviewed a couple babysitters last week, so maybe DH and I will be able to go to a movie sometime soon! LOL. Anyone else feel like they are living an entirely different life since baby?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: non-mommies at work

• Definitely me!  My sister just got back from a weekend in Vegas.  She was out dancing until 5am, slept for 3 hours, then spent the rest of the day at the pool.  She was talking about the guys hitting on her.   I had to laugh, the only guys flirting with me now are the 11 month olds at DD's daycare who are always smiling at visitors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep I live an entirely different life than those that don't have kids. Yes those that have don't have kids aren't accountable to a routine at home, they can go to spa retreats, go to the movies, spend girlfriend filled days and weekends out with their boyfriends. Good for them

But I've got something better. My husband, boys and baby girl. I might not get to enjoy the single life any longer but I'm ok with that. I'm glad I traded in weekend partying/drinking for babies and marriage. I like who I am so much more now than I did before I had kids. My world constantly revolves around homework, dinner, chores, laundry, studying, fixing bottles, feeding baby food and I like it. The best parts of my day is spent rocking a baby or putting my LO's to sleep, kissing them goodnight, covering them up and seeing those tiny faces are so happy.

• Loading the player...
  • I completely relate! I don't even remember that last movie I seen. It was when I was pregnant. Funny how much things change.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• I think the last movie I saw was New Moon from the Twilight series when I was 8 months pregnant- I had to go to see it twice because I had to get up & use the bathroom so much that I missed half of it! LOL.

I do agree though with the PP that even with all the changes and new stress, this is the best time of my life, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My life has changed so much since DD came along and it changed for the better. I love spending afternoons with her and DH. I dont even think about going out and partying now. I dont miss it at all. I will say my girlfriends and I do try to do a movie or pedi/mani together at least once every other month. Usually our DH's will keep all the kids so we can grab a couple of hours for ourselves. It is nice and I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but I am always happy to get home to DD and DH.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekatiemac12345:

I just overhead two of the women at work talking about getting together after work, and one says to the other, "Well I've seen pretty much everything in the theater, except XYZ movie, so we could go see that"

And I just felt like I was overhearing aliens from another world! hahaha it feels like FOREVER since I even considered spending 2-3 hours in a theater with my cell phone on silent. These two are also constantly talking about weekend trips with their boyfriends, spa days, etc. - just feels so far from my world these days!

But I interviewed a couple babysitters last week, so maybe DH and I will be able to go to a movie sometime soon! LOL. Anyone else feel like they are living an entirely different life since baby?

Yup- thankfully!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilbit923:

But I've got something better. My husband, boys and baby girl. I might not get to enjoy the single life any longer but I'm ok with that. I'm glad I traded in weekend partying/drinking for babies and marriage. I like who I am so much more now than I did before I had kids. 

I heart you!  And I feel the same way

• imageslmcronelaw:
    imagelilbit923:

But I've got something better. My husband, boys and baby girl. I might not get to enjoy the single life any longer but I'm ok with that. I'm glad I traded in weekend partying/drinking for babies and marriage. I like who I am so much more now than I did before I had kids. 

I heart you!  And I feel the same way

And I heart you with hugs n stuff!

• I just had a conversation with my dad about this exact thing. He was asking about friends I used to hang out with frequently. When I told him I had no idea how they were because we'd hardly spoken I explained that my life is just SO drastically different now. My days begin at 6:30AM (my days off anyway) and they end at 8:30PM when DS goes to bed. After 8:30PM it's my time. Time to spend alone or with SO. They start their days at noon and they end the following morning at 3AM after a night of bar hoping. I have found myself becoming more and more close with other mommy friends. We're just in more of the same place. Not that I don't still love my other friends (and believe me I'd love to see a movie at some point), but we're just in different places. And that's ok :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"