1st Trimester

What is your petname for your coming baby?

It started when my pregnant friend called hers as "Peanut" and another friend called hers as "Flump".  I call mine "Lil Bean". How about you?

Re: What is your petname for your coming baby?

• we call the baby "Tesoro" (Italian for Treasure) and I occasionally use "she" in conversation.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Ha ha! How cute! My hubby says "little soybean".
  • Loading the player...
  • We call ours poppy because we found out so early and seemed like it was the size of a poppy seed forever. DD1 was peanut and still is called that by my dad.
  • We, too, called our little one "peanut". The baby was also refered to as "munchkin" because that was my nickname as an infant and for a week or two, I had bad cravings for Dunkin Donuts Stick out tongue Now that we're having twins they are just "the babies". I'm trying to come up with something cuter than that! My friend suggested "thing 1" and "thing 2" from Dr. Seuess, but that just sounds so icky to me, like calling your baby "it".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• My husband and I get a huge kick out of the MTV Show Jersey Shore, so we started calling our baby, "The Situation". So, he will be like how is our "Situation"? And I will say something along the lines of, "The Situation is making me hungry for some pancakes now.." Ooh, those actually do sound good. I think we have a pancake situation.... :) 
    1st MC April 23rd, 2010 @ 6.5 weeks 2nd MC due to Turner Syndrome Sept 6th, 2010 @ 8.5 weeks Delivered a healthy 6lb 11oz baby girl naturally on August 23rd, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH has nicknamed ours "The Seahorse named Jamie"  Jamie was the name of DH's imaginary friend when he was little and we think the baby looks like a seahorse.  DH believes that later in pregnancy we may cut it down to "The Seahorse" lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • "Little one" is this one's nickname...with our DD we called her "bean"
    PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Little Blob (because that's what I expect s/he will look like on my first u/s).
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I usually refer to the baby as "she" and we call her our gummy bear because a girl on here told me at my 8 week u/s, baby would look like a gummy bear.
  •  we call ours Goombah. since the baby will be more then 75% Italian its only fair hehe
  • "The Caboose". Since we have 2 boys already, everything is about trains.  This is the last baby in our train!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AmzyAmzy member
    water chestnut
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My Son ( 4) has taken to calling our babies  ABC and 123..... Because when we first saw them the lady said this is baby A .... and this is baby B ... SO now my parents call them ABC & 123.... Before we found out there were 2 we called them by the fruit size "it" was.... we went to the grocery store every week on Friday which was the day my week changed. So we would always find the fruit ....
  • DS was "Buddy", but when I started calling him that I already knew the gender.  This baby is "lil sprout" so far and I might start calling s/he something different once I know the gender.
  • Our 2 cupcakes!
  • I call mine lil' dumpling Smile I got pregnant after a 2 week trip from China and I literally ate soooo many dumplings there that I thought I was going to give birth to one! hehe.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • My husband calls he/she bean.
  • Aidan was Wiggle and this one is Nugget
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • whatever fruit/veg is on my ticker for the week. i also use "he" my MIL uses "she" lol
  • Babies nickname is "Turtle".  We concieved our lil' turtle camping fourth of July weekend.  We know the exact moment of conception cause it was the only "adult moment" we had alone in the cabin the whole weekend!!!  Right after the "adult moment" my FI, jumped up, threw his clothes on and ran to the dock to check his pole because the bobber went under - LOL!  He realed in a gigantic turtle that we ended up cooking and bringing to the potluck that night on the camp grounds.  LOL!  So nickname is "Turtle"! 

=) 

Photobucket
  • I haven't figured out a name to call my little one yet.. I want something that not many people are using.. My first was Spike because of the spike in blood pressure =)

• We were just calling ours "the baby", or when I was talking to DH I would say "your baby" (he lights up, and its so cute hehe)

Since our unexpected u/s though, we have called it our "snowman", since to me it looked like a little snowman with a twinkly star heartbeat :) It looks like that one will stick

• We've been calling our humunculus, or "humunk" for short.

We're weird, I know.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Whatever size fruit/veg the baby is at the time.  Currently 8 wks, so raspberry. 

We also assume its a boy, so we call him Gabe. 

Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • DS was "Junior"

This baby is "Junior Junior"

• We call him/her, flickr.  His/her heart had just started beating either that day or the day before on our first ultrasound.
    ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • imagekroftygal:
    My husband and I get a huge kick out of the MTV Show Jersey Shore, so we started calling our baby, "The Situation". So, he will be like how is our "Situation"? And I will say something along the lines of, "The Situation is making me hungry for some pancakes now.." Ooh, those actually do sound good. I think we have a pancake situation.... :) 

Love this! 

We refer to our growing bundle of joy as Optimus or O.P. because the LO's father suggested Optimus Prime as a boys name and a close friend just started the Optimus thing and it's stuck!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 8 weeks here.  our pet name is SHIM, She + Him = Shim.  I am sure that will change though, after our mid pregnancy ultrasound :)
  • we are calling ours 1 of two things tator tot cause on my 1st u/s it looked like a tator tot but since then ive had another 1 and it looks more human so we call the baby.... baby ray-rae because girl or boy its middle name will be either ray or rae so
  • So cute, i am so surprised and delighted to see everyones' answer, very unique and cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"