TTC after 35

Low Morphology?

Just heard back from the lab about my DH's analysis. It is all good except for morphology. It is 7%.

His other numbers are:

4.3 vol, 59ml density, 253.7 total count, 73% motility.

Does anyone know what this means? I'm worried a bit after briefly Googling it. 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Low Morphology?

• I don't know a whole lot but I can share what I do know. Regarding morphology...it's common ...and here comes that phrase... "as we get older".  Girls get egg quality issues and morphology is sort of the guys equivalent. It has to do with the shape of the sperm...morphology means they can have a hard time breaking into the egg.  I think 73% motility is good...means fast swimmers.  So probably a common looking set of numbers and not something to be too worried about.  and IF the morphology was an issue they do have ways to addressing it like IVF with ICSI which is when they inject the swimmer right into the egg.  Gosh I hope my "knows enough just to be dangerous" posting helps and doesn't add worry.   Keep us posted!

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • No, that's great info. Thanks so much!

Getting older is the pits. :P 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We supposedly dealt with low motility and low morphology. As pp said, low morph means misshaped sperm, so they might have a hard time getting into the egg. We did IVF with ICSI to have DD #1. Now I say we "supposedly" had these problems because we conceived DD #2 after a failed IVF with ICSI, so to me my DH's issues clearly couldn't have been that bad. (I was never diagnosed with any issues). good luck.
  • oops, forgot a word. we conceived DD #2 naturally after the failed IVF with ICSI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"