Babies: 0 - 3 Months

normal one month eating habits?

My one month old is taking somewhere between 2.5-4 ounces every 2 hours, sometimes even after just an hour and a half!... is this normal? I feel like every time I read a post other babies this age are going longer. He's fussing for a bottle every two hours around the clock, nowhere near STTN. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: normal one month eating habits?

• that sounds normal to me at that stage! my ass was so sore from sitting and breast feeding i would get up and walk around while she fed she about drove me nuts it'll pass.. swaddle him up at the night time feeding make sure he's all wrapped up like a taco all cozy and warm thats how i got LO to STTN and she's been going strong 6-7 hours since 10 days old
  • my lil guy was like that too  !! he went from 7lbs 9oz to 15 lbs in 2 months ! hes an eater & i love it,,, its better after 8 weeks. i BF,BTW..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby has just started doing the same thing!  She's EBF and is constantly on the boob.  I have no idea how much she is getting at each feeding so I worry that I'm not producing enough.
  • We're FFing him, so I def know he is getting enough lol I mean, is it possible to overfeed him when he's the one demanding it?
  • If he isn't spitting up, you probably don't have to worry that you're overfeeding him. I don't know what normal is but our LO takes 3.5-4 oz every 3-4 hours for the most part, sometimes he wants an extra ounce and sometimes he's hungry less than 3 hours later but only every once in a while.

We are nowhere near STTN though - overnight he is 3-4 hours like clockwork: 9pm-ish feeding, midnight-ish, then either 3 or 4 am, then sometime between 6:30-8 am. Don't get me wrong, when we get a 4 hour stretch that is nice, but not consistent and not STTN.

Also - this "schedule" has been pretty completely dictated by him and following his hunger cues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS eats every 3-4 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night, but he's consistently eating 4oz at every meal. If your LO only takes 2.5 oz sometimes, I suspect that's probably why he needs to be fed more often. My DS was a pretty large baby and is over 10lbs now and I've heard that large babies will usually go longer between eating sooner than smaller babies, but I don't know how much truth there is to that or how big your LO is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"